(Book Spoilers) Positive Nitpicking thread...

sj4iy

My absolute favourites this episode were:

- Cersei being imprisoned, finally! Die die die! Bitch! Go to hell and stay there! (jk, I've read the books, I know it's not the very end of her, but the FEELING stays the same.)

- Tyrion meets Dany! Cool! Can't wait to see how that plays out! (like everyone else, I'm glad the show is giving us this moment in THIS season, even if it's premature compared to the books. I don't care though. They've changed so much, some changes are better than others. This is a very satisfying one.)

Other highlights:

I'm glad to hear I wasn't the only one to cry over Aemon's death. I had no idea it would affect me so much, but it did, and it was great. I also LOVED the way Sam stands up for Gilly, even knowing that he can't - he just does it, the hell be it: "I slew an Other, I killed a Thenn, I think I can deal with you" (quoted from memory). Great line from the blood-covered Sam. Someone else said it further up, how adorable Sam and Gilly are, and how nice it is to see these "misfits" finding love and actually being able to enjoy it a little as well... a rare break from all the show's horror.

Bronn getting to finish the song which "is all about the ending". The actor really does have a nice voice. Beautiful. The "seduction" scene was boring to me (straight women are difficult to impress with pretty boobs after all), but a forgettable scene is no biggie. Hopefully it'll all lead us to some Dorne scenes actually worth watching.

Jorah the show version is a small favourite of mine. I can't think of a scene with him I dislike. The slaver's sales pitch and his reaction to it were really good, his gladiator moment pleased me (I wasn't aware Jorah was supposed to be such a good fighter, actually - decent, yes, maybe good even, but not THAT effective. Cool.), and I also really loved Dany's white dress. So beautiful. Her best clothing yet, she always wears really weird things, but this was just wonderful.

I'm not sure it was wise of Sansa to tease Ramsay with the "bastard" part, but it still is satisfying. I feel so sorry for her, having to go through The Horrorshow of Bolton, but I can't believe we won't get the mother of all paybacks out of it - eventually. It really can't come soon enough. Vengeance will be particularly sweet, and if we won't get it, I might just have to go and burn something in anger and take the skin of a finger of... no, of course not. But I'll feel more cheated than... King and Queen Baratheon combined, perhaps?

I saw somewhere that someone had said that "episode 10 will break the internet". Does anyone know anything about this interview? I know there won't be any real clues, I just really would like to read it.

Ok, I missed him before then (I know, how hard it can be to miss him :D ?), but that still doesn't explain why he helped him. I guess he has a thing for dwarves :D .

Well, the second group of fighters would have all been set against each other. If you were going to fight Tyrion, and saw him encased in plot-armor so thick his voice echoes, you'd send him out to join the first wave, too.

Hey, someone has to be the stupidest Stark- especially considering Robb 'Screw you Walder Frey, I'm in love with this random nurse chick' Stark is no longer with us.

Guys, this is the positive nitpicking thread. Please, keep the criticisms to other threads. Thanks.

I cried at 'Egg, I dreamt I was old.'

Also the Sam/Gilly sex scene was actually done better than in the books.

Bronn's lovely singing voice.

Jorah hardly breaking a sweat in the pit.

Ramsey casually eating while waiting behind the door in the broken tower got a chuckle out of me, as horrible as all it implied was. How long had he been there? How long was he planning to stay?

Ramsey casually eating while waiting behind the door in the broken tower got a chuckle out of me, as horrible as all it implied was. How long had he been there? How long was he planning to stay?

I think he wasn't in there, but it was just the filming misdirecting us - Reek didn't go to the broken tower, but rather wherever he knew Ramsay would be. (But at first I interpreted it the same way as you did.)

Loved nearly everything minus Dorne.

The scene between Theon and Sansa was heartbreaking. Great acting. I was really shocked that he snitched on her.

Sansa poking at Ramsay for being a bastard was also great and very brave of her.

Aemon's death made me more sad on the show than in the books.

High Sparrow, Cersei and Olenna were at their best tonight. I was on the edge of the seat the whole time.

I think he wasn't in there, but it was just the filming misdirecting us - Reek didn't go to the broken tower, but rather wherever he knew Ramsay would be. (But at first I interpreted it the same way as you did.)

Yeah, it was one of those bait and switch things, like in Silence of the Lambs.

Now let's see...

Bronn (who's already waxed lyrical on how great it is to fight and fuck the crazy Dornish) getting reminded just how crazy and sexy their women can get. Foe Yay romance, coming up. Will Bronn forsake that bigger castle for true love?

The High Sparrow owning the Queen of Thorns. The Queen of Thorns flat-out threatening Littlefinger.

The falling snow at Winterfell. Somehow that brought home that winter is coming more than when it's lying about.

I loved Cersei's conversation with the High Sparrow, her facial expressions were hilarious and then Lancel showed up and she just turns around to leave like 'gtg bye'. If only had she run it would've made it ten times funnier. I love her but this moment was gold both in the books and the show.

The Wall had some issues last night (mainly Gilly being threatened with rape and Jon leaving Ghost behind for some reason) but thus far it's been one of the strongest storylines this season. Cant wait for episode 8, Hardhome will surely be epic.

Jonathan Pryce was absolutely flawless in that final scene. He was somehow calming and terrifying at the same time. The look in his eyes alone conveyed so much about both the good and bad aspects of his religious fervor. Bravo, sir.

The look on Sansa's face when Ramsay told her that Jon is Lord Commander of the Knight's Watch was quite interesting. It was when she was prodding Ramsay about his bastard status and he was explaining in his mean, sarcastic way, that bastards can in fact improve their status in life. There is speculation on other threads that there will be no pink letter but there may be a letter from Sansa to Jon, asking for his help. You could tell from her expression that she did not know of Jon's successes and you could see her processing that information. I will be curious to see what happens next.

• Aemon's passing, beautifully done

Sam standing up to his brothers

Ghost making the save

Sansa and all her bastard burns to Ramsey

Sansa learning Jon is LC

Cersei getting arrested

Bronn will live!

Tyrion meets Dany!

Great episode, best of the season

Archived