(Book Spoilers) Positive Nitpicking thread...

sj4iy

It was fun watching the smirk when HS and Cersei were talking about whether Margary's treatment was acceptable and how happy Cersei was that justice was coming... all the while knowing that Cersei is going to lose it when she gets the same treatment.

This is the best episode so far.

I cried during Aemon's death scene. It was probably one of the best scenes made in the show.

I got chills when Dany met Tyrion. Can't wait to see their interaction..

I loved all the High Sparrow scenes.

Cersei was amazing. I saw book Cersei in her today.

Dorne was good today...And Tyene.

Nice to See Ghost again..

Overall I liked the atmosphere in every scene..Winterfell has blizzards and KL looked gloomy..

- The scene between Theon and Sansa (despite the heartbreaking outcome).

- Sansa kind of one upping Ramsay, which made me nervous. I thought that might incentivize him to abuse her some more.

- Sam defending Gilly.

- Lady Olenna sparring with the High Sparrow.

- Bronn singing (I liked NOTHING else about that scene. That scene was lame as fuck, and I only tolerate it because of Bronn’s singing).

- Ghost’s appearance.

- And of course, Cersei finally getting her comeuppance.There was a nice piece of foreshadowing when she was talking to Tommen, which I liked. I am looking forward to that walk of atonement. I wonder how far they'll go with it.

I am actually one of the few who like the change in Sansa storyline from Vale to WF but I can't approve her stupidity in confiding in Theon, HOW STUPID IS SHE. Now I am afraid Ramsay knows he is going to light the candle, poor Brienne and Pod are going to get trapped. Sansa has to do better why is she dumbest of the starks that is what is so frustrating about her. She is not even manipulating Ramsay to suit her, pissing him off is only going to end badly for her. Maybe that is the whole point of her story, she is the girl that always has to learn the hard way.

I loved Tyrion the best. I love how there was no bull shitting he came out and said I am Tyrion Lannister. Tyrion is the first person that has to come to Dany who has had any brains, rest his soul Ser Barristan was a knight and no politician. What everyones loves about Tyrion is that he actually likes ruling because he is good at it, he likes power but doesn't use it to torment others, he knows under the best of circumstances how to achieve good without destroying others basically he understands mercy and he doesn't enjoy death and destruction. He is like nobler version of Tywin Lannister.

Daario is it just me strong vibes are coming from him that he is all trouble. I would love it for Tyrion to figure that Daario is up to no good and put that brilliant mind of his to use and become Dany's best friend, proving to everyone that Tyrion knows and understands people better than anyone and he can smell a rat.

I like HS for taking care of Cersei huzzzzaaaaahhhhhhhhh.

I like QOT hopefully she can take her grand kids back to High Garden. Margery should give Tommen her useless husband the king a time out.

I loved Maester Aemon scene.

But what actually did he mean by "Eg, I dreamed I was old" ??

Anyone?

Egg was his brother Aegon (and probably cousin and father and nephew and who knows what else - that was a common name). As he breathes his last, Aemon is going back to his childhood, and he thinks he's telling his brother about the strange dream he's had of being old.

1. Tyene's teets.

2. All around good performances, Jonathan Pryce and Alfie Allen especially.

3. Bronn singing again.

4. The big guy who cut Tyrion's chains. Who was he? Why did he do that? Where did he come from? I don't care, he was awesome.

5. Sam finally got laid.

6. Aemon's death was touching and Peter Vaughan was great.

1. Tyene's teets.

2. All around good performances, Jonathan Pryce and Alfie Allen especially.

3. Bronn singing again.

4. The big guy who cut Tyrion's chains. Who was he? Why did he do that? Where did he come from? I don't care, he was awesome.

5. Sam finally got laid.

6. Aemon's death was touching and Peter Vaughan was great.

I like how this man thinks. The av only adds to it.

Jonathan Pryce's High Sparrow was fantastic, never mind how terrible the theology was terrible and very un-medieval.

I can't imagine St Bernardino of Siena saying something so baptist.

I loved Aemon's final scene "Egg I dreamed I was old."

Jaime and Myrcella.

Fat dude was waiting for his turn like their "owner" asked them to.

Ok, I missed him before then (I know, how hard it can be to miss him :D ?), but that still doesn't explain why he helped him. I guess he has a thing for dwarves :D .

I like how this man thinks. The av only adds to it.

Why thank you, always nice to make a good impression :D .

I am actually one of the few who like the change in Sansa storyline from Vale to WF but I can't approve her stupidity in confiding in Theon, HOW STUPID IS SHE. Now I am afraid Ramsay knows he is going to light the candle, poor Brienne and Pod are going to get trapped. Sansa has to do better why is she dumbest of the starks that is what is so frustrating about her. She is not even manipulating Ramsay to suit her, pissing him off is only going to end badly for her. Maybe that is the whole point of her story, she is the girl that always has to learn the hard way.

Hey, someone has to be the stupidest Stark- especially considering Robb 'Screw you Walder Frey, I'm in love with this random nurse chick' Stark is no longer with us.

The High Sparrow is awesome - I want him to win the Game of Thones :D

Also thought it was particularly excellent how he referenced the age of the shrine - one of the first Andal faith of the 7 shrines in Westeros. It made me think of how the Northern and old God stuff is older still.

Finally a good episode! Many of the actors did great. I loved that they kept the "Egg I dreamed I was old" line in, it was as moving as in the books. I also really liked that Tyrion met Dany this early. While I dislike most of the changes they did, I prefer the TV version of the Mereen storyline.

Very solid episode. The only exception being Myrcella's high school dramas.

I'm actually liking the Winterfell stuff. Sansa's really bringing across how brutal Ramsay is, how even Joffrey had nothing on this guy. I thought the visible bruising was probably even more effective and less traumatic than the rape scene, which has me think they maybe should have done that off screen. The acting was great all round. The atmosphere is similar to the books and I'm glad that awful candle plan is gone. Theon's redemption should be amazing.

Speaking of brilliant acting. Lena's "it was at this moment she realised she f'd up" face was pretty superb. The arrest scene was perfectly adapted.

Egg references were awesome. Didn't really care for the Sam/Gilly stuff though. It felt forced when it really shouldn't have.

Team Dragonstone has me seriously on edge. At least the favourite tag will soon be gone. This is a great chance to show Stannis' skill as a commander. The burning Shireen stuff terrifies me. I hope this is where Stan and Mel split. There can be no coming back from suggesting (and maybe trying) the burning of his daughter, heir and only child. I think she will try to burn her with Selyse's approval before Davis and Stannis intervene. He sentences her to die as Boltons/Greyjoys/someone attacks allowing at least Mel to escape. Stannis cannot go through with it or it will be complete character assassination. Davos would kill them both anyways.

Tyrion and Dany meeting was interesting and should improve both characters stories. Even if it will involve the cringing wheel speech.

Very excited for the end of this season. This episode set it up very well. While other episodes have had better moments this was probably the most well rounded of the season.

Ramsay is shaping up to be excellent as a villain - and distinct enough from Joffrey not to feel like a copy. Where Joffrey was a sniveling little coward and you loved to hate him for it, Ramsay is not afraid to 'do' which makes him infinitely more dangerous.

Archived