SPOILERS - Tyrion reveals himself...shocker or not...you be the judge

rocksniffer

Could D&D be using greyscale in place of the pale mare to awake the stone dragon? Or are they just diluting the story again? They aren't big on the book prophecies.

It's safe to say Dany's heard of Tyrion. He's the brother of the man who killed her father, the son of the man who betrayed her father and was Hand of the King(acting or not) for nearly a year. That's all without his colorful reputation as the Imp.

If Dany starts putting people she barely knows, who have not committed hostilities toward her or her allies, to the "test" of her dragons, i.e. letting her dragons (who are big untamed fire-breathers) decide whether they live or die, then she is well on the way to being her father's daughter.

The problem I have seen with dany is I think she sees all of westeros in a black and white manner, any family that fought against her father as traitors and anyone for their family as friends. Her anger against Jorah stems from the fact that she betrayed him for robert baratheon who murdered her beloved brother and stole her kingdom. I can scream till hoarse but Dany has no clue about the dynamics of westeros family politics. She hates Robert Baratheon but she doesn't understand that the war stared because of what the Targs did. No matter how good a singer Rhaeghar Targ was it doesn't excuse the fact that he willingly or unwillingly kidnapped a lady of a Nobel house without the consent of her family and when her family came to demand justice her father brutally murdered them for it. Robert was an ass but he wasn't all wrong to kill Rhaeghar and if Lyanna went with Rhaeghar willingly it still doesn't excuse the fact that she didn't bother to inform her family which eventually got her father and brother executed. Tyrion understands all this hopefully he can explain it to Dany. The day Dany doesn't put her family on some superior pedestal as if those that could do no wrong is the day she grows as a character. What would be wonderful is if Tyrion talked to Dany about Aemon Targ, the only man who truly deserved to be king I think that would help Dany understand that there is good and bad in all families. Dany wants to be queen of Westeros I alway felt she is fulfilling her brothers dream, that is her ultimate character development to realize she doesn't want to rule westeros it was never her dream and she needs to let of the past to establish a better future.

I am really looking forward to this Dany and Tyrion dynamic, Tyrion can finally have actual power where he can showcase his skills and not be ridiculed for his height and be respected because he is the confidante of the dragon queen, Dany too can gain a loyal friend in Tyrion who is not only clever but honourable who knows how to win battles without going all dark and blood thirsty there is a third way.

The reveal means nothing to Tyrion: Dany does not know where is it that whores go.

Just a thought but could Tyrion be the one who kills Dany? An obvious link there to Jamie in that sense and both of them see a Targ go mad.

Grey Worm kills Dany, it is (fore)known.

On the other hand, if the Tyrion is time-traveling Rhaego theory is true, this moment will destroy the entire continuity of the series.

Jorah will bring the greyscale to Mereene, rather than the Pale Mare. Tyrion will pretty much fill in for Selmeys spot in the book, after Dany takes off - that's how I see it playing out, anyways.

I think there is some massive Dinklage/Tyrion favoritism at work this season. What the fuck is up with Tyrion having the weakest slaver in the history of slavers, just so he can beat him up and make some kind of statement about slavery or something? And then Mr Echo just laughs, yea right, he would have whipped Tyrion's arse for being an insolent product.

I suspected they were going to write around Tyrion having to endure too much slavery and dehumanization, I didn't think it would be quite this bad.

OMG THAT'S WHY HE LOOKED SO FAMILIAR I FUCKING LOVE LOST AND I LOVE YOU

Watching the preview for next week it is clearly designed to reveal Jorah is taken away after she says a queen must keep her promises. Tyron looks back at him when they had been standing side by side... but Jorah is also seen in the pit defending Dany in the trailer for season 5, so somehow he comes back to her side... unless he just happened to be in the pits fighting at that time. I really wish she would bring him back... maybe Tyrion can help. They both have a lot of explaining to do. I hope Dany is smart enough to listen.

Hooray, this is the only time I'll say the show is giving me what I want over the books.

Hope Dany doesn't do anything stupid, but I wouldn't put it past her.

Well, Dany just got one of the best political minds of Westeros delivered to her, one with an axe to grind. Considering her track record of making emotional ill judged decisions... HOW will she fuck it up? :)

I'd imagine she knows a fair bit about Westerosi politics from spending time in Pentos etc with Ilyrio. She's learned various languages so I'd say it's a fair bet she knows the who's who of Westeros great houses, or at the least the family who killed her father and brother.

Well, I think that he is going to pass the test(if it comes to that).

As for Dany, I am pretty certain that she is going to get eliminated in E10, which is going to be the SHOCKER nobody anticipates.

If Dany starts putting people she barely knows, who have not committed hostilities toward her or her allies, to the "test" of her dragons, i.e. letting her dragons (who are big untamed fire-breathers) decide whether they live or die, then she is well on the way to being her father's daughter.

Didn't her dad kill anyone that mad him mad?

The cynic inside me assumes OP is correct and we're going to get a big, rousing Tyrion speech followed by a dreadfully boring, moralistic Mary Sue Daenerys turnabout, break-the-wheel, Fire and Bloood, unicorns and rainbows, I'm coming to Westeros in a little while after I finish my chores here speech.

The romantic in me looks forward to Drogon roasting half the cast of Meereen while Daenerys and the other half die horribly of Grayscale, but not before Stannis wakes a dragon from stone (Stone-girl Daenerys) and she goes on a suicide kamikaze run against the Others.

If Tyrion doesn't immediately set her straight on her father being the Mad King and no one in westeros wanting a return of the Targ dynasty which will probably end with her since she can't have children

I'm pretty much officially over Dany's story line

If Tyrion doesn't immediately set her straight on her father being the Mad King and no one in westeros wanting a return of the Targ dynasty which will probably end with her since she can't have children

I'm pretty much officially over Dany's story line

It was nice when it was fresh and Dany wasn't an insufferable prig, amirite? Frankly I see her more as Queen in the East. She can do some good there. The only new things she'll bring back to Westeros is death by dragon and boredom.

The reveal was slightly overshadowed by Cersei's arrest, but I was very pleased it happened as early as it did.

I don't think Daenerys will be on board with Tyrion right away. He'll certainly have valuable information for her regarding King's Landing but that doesn't mean she'll fully trust him.

And she doesn't have to know who Tyrion Lannister is. She just has to know he's a Lannister. AKA: one of the Usurper's dogs.

I'm excited for this storyline going forward. Tyrion won't sugar coat things for her. We have some potentially very interesting conversations to look forward to.

That was not the fighting pit. Just a smaller one where hundreds of them fight.

Maybe after this scene, many more fights will happen all day.

Daznak was pretty good from the treasers. A really fast guy swinging his sword is shown. Im looking forward to the real deal.

You start out in the minors, get noticed by the scouts, move up to the farm team, then on to the big time. If you got the gift. Moves, smarts, grit, charm, satori. Jorah, Tyrion, Stannis, Bronn, Sparrow.

I'm excited for this storyline going forward. Tyrion won't sugar coat things for her. We have some potentially very interesting conversations to look forward to.

Agree that Tyrion won't sugar coat things for Dany - but the more I think on it, the more I'm starting to hate show Tyrion. And oddly for the opposite reasons to the books.

Where the books had Tyrion devolve into a hateful, self loathing creature that lacked the courage to deal with what he was via Penny, the show is coming up with impossible situations to keep Tyrion cool. AGoTs is not and should not be the Tyrion hour, in which the only hardships ever suffered by Tyrion exist for him to make some righteous point about something.

When is show Tyrion going to be wrong? When is show Tyrion going to actually suffer, as he has in the books?

Archived