SPOILERS - Tyrion reveals himself...shocker or not...you be the judge

rocksniffer

i agree we expected dany and tyrion to meet i am happy d&d did it sooner rather than later...

yes this pit was just a try out spot not the real pit where drogon puts in his appearance...we think

i can see tyrion filling the selmy role...he knows westeros, targ history and shit that has occurred since selmy was cast out

greyscale replaces pale mare...i like this...

i was happy that tyrion was the gift...along with littlefingers revelation to QoT about the only "mad" ruler i can see - cersei. many of the sullied believed it had to be the gift of lands to wildlings and or arya giving the gift of death to someone..but since she has already done that...and i don't even know if the unsullied know about The Gift, that belongs to the Night's Watch...

i may be alone in this as a big fan of the books...i am glad things are different sometimes...it makes it interesting to watch...

carry on...

Tyrion is a better advisor on what is really happening in Westeros than anyone.

Dany still has a very filtered delusion view about her family, like she still lives in a bubble of what caused the family downfall and the consequence of it. Many people still say Robert was justified in his war and the other families whose nobles died because aerys mind was fried.

Tyrion is a perfect example of being part of a powerful family being cast out but maybe the few decent ones remaining who is not blood thirsty.

I can't wait to see Tyrion counsel Dany to power and real accomplishment, proving to Tywin in his death how wrong he was to never accept Tyrion.

I'm just waiting for Dany to feed Tyrion to the dragons.....and the don't fry him. And then the board will explode.

Jorah's fate I'm not sure on...she needs him. I keep thinking Dario/Hidzar will intervene and convince her to keep Jorah on. That will start the Greyscale epidemic.

I'm just waiting for Dany to feed Tyrion to the dragons.....and the don't fry him. And then the board will explode.

Jorah's fate I'm not sure on...she needs him. I keep thinking Dario/Hidzar will intervene and convince her to keep Jorah on. That will start the Greyscale epidemic.

Nah, won't happen. Tyrion, like Dany, is plot armored until ADoS.

And per my signature, I was thrilled. One of the bright spots in a lackluster season so far.

Tyrion = new hand of the queen

Jorah = will still fight in the pits and burned by Drogon

agree on both counts there is a photo floating around i saw (no clue which thread) that showed him in the big pit fighting...sucks for jorah but he will go down doing something heroic...

Even if dany hasn't heard of tyrion im sure she recognizes the name lannister.

i am also sure...i can only assume the kingslayer's name is one she has heard for her entire life

I am afraid you may be right here, but I still don't see why Selmy had to go...

i figured it was because they were going to have tyrion use an alias but since he didn't i am groping for a reason...other than what others have said...not enough deaths of primary/secondary characters

I was shocked. If anything, the whole travels with Tyrion's/Jorah's slave master was a bore except the fact that it's added some good momentum towards the next book. But I personally think this was the best decision of the season to cut to the chase with Dany and Tyrion. It also fits perfectly too.

agreed...with this exception slave journey did give us the best line of the season so far, for me dealing with dwarves and cock merchants

About Tyrion and Dany meeting

Martin kinda hinted they will cross paths in book 6, so it's not actually a spoiler...

i had heard that but am glad d&d went for now before my dementia really kicks in

I was happy. Something finally happened.

hey me too, Rhae, me too

Dany looked surprised hearing the name Lannister. Judging by the leaked photos from set, it looks like Tyrion will talk his way out and improve his status. I'm only worried what happens to him after Dany flies off on Drogon's back.

I was wondering about all those people whom Jorah wrestled with - if they aren't dead already, will they catch greyscale?

excellent question...since my eyes glaze over when i read those sections in the books, perhaps one of the other sullied can answer that...

I am guessing greyscale is something like AIDS, spreads only through cuts.

I guess Jorah got cut by a stoneman and the infected wound is what we see.

It slowly may spread more.

But Shireen's story is contradictory to that logic because it was an indirect touch. Then even Tyrion should get greyscale.

:bowdown:

wow do you mean proving he is a targ bastard vs a trueborn lannister...i agree there would be a meltdown of many from both people that support theory and those like me who don't...and what a way to reveal such a thing...yes i like this very much

Nah, won't happen. Tyrion, like Dany, is plot armored until ADoS.

And per my signature, I was thrilled. One of the bright spots in a lackluster season so far.

i think you misunderstood, Liz S-T, if you will pardon me for saying so...

i read the upper quote by LaL, that dany tries to kill him by giving him to dragons and instead they don't kill him, because he is a secret targaryn...which is an interesting idea that has some base in facts...concerning momma lannister and mad king

plus could that be how he binds a dragon...which i am convinced he will do before the end

edited to clarify. i do believe tyrion is all lannister, but that he will get a dragon...i do not support the idea that only targs can bind a dragon

:smoking:

Dany hasn't gone completely Mad-King yet; why would she feed Tyrion to the dragons? He hasn't done anything to her or her family. I can't see her deciding to fry Tyrion just because he's the son of Tywin Lannister and the brother of Jaime "Kinslayer" Lannister.

Though in her shoes I wouldn't trust him either; mainly because he killed his own father.

Even the fighting scenes in the famous fighting pit is exceptionally dull

This isn't a spoiler so I'll say it: that pit is only a small minor fighting pit and not Daznak. Mereen has many fighting pits, most small like the one in this episode.

You can see the main one--Daznak's Pit--in the official trailers. Not quite the Colosseum of Rome, but plenty big and grand.

His introduction to Dany looked like something out of telenovelas with those stares. I was half expecting fade to black with end of 253. episode.

Though if GRRM plans very brief meeting beetween him and Dany this could look like wish fulfillment fiction.

Dany hasn't gone completely Mad-King yet; why would she feed Tyrion to the dragons? He hasn't done anything to her or her family. I can't see her deciding to fry Tyrion just because he's the son of Tywin Lannister and the brother of Jaime "Kinslayer" Lannister.

Though in her shoes I wouldn't trust him either; mainly because he killed his own father.

She is most definitely going to put him to the test of her Dragons, because if she thought that he was a valuable gift, she would not have had Jorah sent away to the Pit, like we saw in the promo for E8.

Also, on the several different posters for season 5, we see Tyrion looking at a Dragon.

That means something significant.

That means that he is going to have either Rhaegal or Viserion, or both of them for himself.

She is most definitely going to put him to the test of her Dragons, because if she thought that he was a valuable gift, she would not have had Jorah sent away to the Pit, like we saw in the promo for E8.

Also, on the several different posters for season 5, we see Tyrion looking at a Dragon.

That means something significant.

That means that he is going to have either Rhaegal or Viserion, or both of them for himself.

If Dany starts putting people she barely knows, who have not committed hostilities toward her or her allies, to the "test" of her dragons, i.e. letting her dragons (who are big untamed fire-breathers) decide whether they live or die, then she is well on the way to being her father's daughter.

If Dany starts putting people she barely knows, who have not committed hostilities toward her or her allies, to the "test" of her dragons, i.e. letting her dragons (who are big untamed fire-breathers) decide whether they live or die, then she is well on the way to being her father's daughter.

Well, I think that he is going to pass the test(if it comes to that).

As for Dany, I am pretty certain that she is going to get eliminated in E10, which is going to be the SHOCKER nobody anticipates.

Meh. Dany won't turn Tyrion away. He's a gift-wrapped wartime Hand of the Queen who actually has relevant on-the-job experience.

I get that everyone thinks GRRM is subverting every single trope, but this is Storytelling 101.

If Dany is so happy that Tyrion Lannister is here, who is going to wisely advise her, then why didn't she show her gratitude to Jorah who enabled this valuable gift to come to her in the first place?

Archived