SPOILERS - Tyrion reveals himself...shocker or not...you be the judge

rocksniffer

Well, we know Jorah ends up back in the fighting pits so I am guessing that Dany puts him in single combat against someone else in an attempt to kill him off. Maybe in a trial of combat on the side of Tyrion to prove the Lannister isn't guilty of some crime of his ancestors against the Targs.

Of course if they were really true to Tyrion's character they would have Tyrion talk his way into Dany's confidence with his smart mouth and at the same time sale an unsuspecting Jorah down the river as revenge for the kidnap, punch and above all general humiliation which Tyrion reacts so badly to.

Barristan wasn't second rate and what does over the hill has to do with it? Being over the hill actually states that you have quite some life experience. Being ex-commander of the kingsguard and being over the hill makes you a fine advisor IMO. Barristan was just to big of a pussy to tell Dany to leave Mereen and go to Westeros.

Being a good warrior does not necessarily make you a good advisor, does it? Being old just makes you old. Command of any guard anywhere does not automatically confer political nous. I don't seem to recall Selmy having any great reputation as such.

Well, we know Jorah ends up back in the fighting pits so I am guessing that Dany puts him in single combat against someone else in an attempt to kill him off. Maybe in a trial of combat on the side of Tyrion to prove the Lannister isn't guilty of some crime of his ancestors against the Targs.

Of course if they were really true to Tyrion's character they would have Tyrion talk his way into Dany's confidence with his smart mouth and at the same time sale an unsuspecting Jorah down the river as revenge for the kidnap, punch and above all general humiliation which Tyrion reacts so badly to.

That would be far away from Tyrion's book character since there he went out of his way at least two times to save Jorah. And book Jorah has been more mean to Tyrion than show Jorah, who did not really mistreat Tyrion but saved him from drowning (all cry out loudly: Jorah has been whitewashed by evil showmakers)

I don't think Tyrion would do that because he takes pity on Jorah in the books and helps him escape.

My pediction.

A queen should keep her word

"True, but a queen could also show mercy. I remember Ser barristan always talked about mercy.

Let the gods decide his fate. Let him fight in the pits. If he was truly guilty may he die, else may he earn your forgiveness. Win-win?"

i support this with all that i am...

sounds just like something he would say...

eta: mainly because they must get together before dragons come. i agree once she leaves mereen she won't be back. hopefully tyrion will be riding his own dragon right beside her, and sadly i am convinced jorah's time is just about over, saved in pit to be forgiven, dany holds his head as he dies and then splits on drogon

I think we can guarantee that Tyrion is going to speak up for Jorah to go back to the fighting Pits as a sign of mercy. Shit is going to go down in the fighting pits, maybe Jorah will get hurt and fall down and is about to lose, Tyrion will plead Dany to save him. She will be torn Tyrion will tell her Jorah loves her and he risked death because he truly cares about her and she should forgive him. Dany's tube light will be hit she will demand the fighting stops but no one cares a shit because everyone is busy hacking themselves, Dany will jump into the pits to stop the fighting to protect Jorah, unsullied will jump in, second sons will jump in and that is when they are attacked by harpies. Tyrion will notice Hizdhar very calm maybe even signalling the harpies to attack, Tyrion would have figured out who is behind all this. There is an all out battle in the pits Drogon descends attacks everyone Dany tries to calm him down she mounts him and roasts the harpies. She gives Jorah command of the city along with Grey worm and flies off.

I think next season Tyrion will help Jorah control the situation in mereen, he will tell him Hizdhar is behind all this. They will set a trap for him and capture him and the harpies and control the situation in Mereen. Dany returns with Drogon and is impressed.

I think we can guarantee that Tyrion is going to speak up for Jorah to go back to the fighting Pits as a sign of mercy. Shit is going to go down in the fighting pits, maybe Jorah will get hurt and fall down and is about to lose, Tyrion will plead Dany to save him. She will be torn Tyrion will tell her Jorah loves her and he risked death because he truly cares about her and she should forgive him. Dany's tube light will be hit she will demand the fighting stops but no one cares a shit because everyone is busy hacking themselves, Dany will jump into the pits to stop the fighting to protect Jorah, unsullied will jump in, second sons will jump in and that is when they are attacked by harpies. Tyrion will notice Hizdhar very calm maybe even signalling the harpies to attack, Tyrion would have figured out who is behind all this. There is an all out battle in the pits Drogon descends attacks everyone Dany tries to calm him down she mounts him and roasts the harpies. She gives Jorah command of the city along with Grey worm and flies off.

I think next season Tyrion will help Jorah control the situation in mereen, he will tell him Hizdhar is behind all this. They will set a trap for him and capture him and the harpies and control the situation in Mereen. Dany returns with Drogon and is impressed.

I think Dany will come to this conclusion herself.

I think Dany will come to this conclusion herself.

agreed ..

i do wonder whether some guys read the books actually ..

Dany in the books constantly think about jorah and how he will counsel for a situation and whether he did reach home or not

FFS she dreams about jorah advising her which shows how much she respects him ...

and Someone saying that Barristan not having balls enough to tell her to go to westeros ...its the only thing he keeps saying in the books

My pediction.

A queen should keep her word

"True, but a queen could also show mercy. I remember Ser barristan always talked about mercy.

Let the gods decide his fate. Let him fight in the pits. If he was truly guilty may he die, else may he earn your forgiveness. Win-win?"

You're probably pretty close to what they are going to do next week on the show.

agreed ..

i do wonder whether some guys read the books actually ..

Dany in the books constantly think about jorah and how he will counsel for a situation and whether he did reach home or not

FFS she dreams about jorah advising her which shows how much she respects him ...

and Someone saying that Barristan not having balls enough to tell her to go to westeros ...its the only thing he keeps saying in the books

Yeah that could be a better conclusion Dany might never have a heart to see Jorah die in front of her eyes. I must confess I never read the book in great detail.

In the show it is hard to tell how much Dany really cares about Jorah because she is not really thinking about him is she.

Yeah that could be a better conclusion Dany might never have a heart to see Jorah die in front of her eyes. I must confess I never read the book in great detail.

In the show it is hard to tell how much Dany really cares about Jorah because she is not really thinking about him is she.

yes i did complain about it ...they are not showing her insecurities ...they are not showing her being kind to people ..they are not showing how much she misses jorah ....

there was a scene where she talks about jorah to barristan but i think it got deleted ...we saw that in a LIFE in a day Promo

every decision she makes ..she listens to all her counselors and their advice ..then come up with what needs to be done ...but in the show she constantly ignores barristan advice

Jorah is importatnt to dany ....i dont think she would have him thrown to pit either but looks like they are going to make her do it

Well, I think that he is going to pass the test(if it comes to that).

As for Dany, I am pretty certain that she is going to get eliminated in E10, which is going to be the SHOCKER nobody anticipates.

Pretty sure it will be Jon snow getting stabbed or Cersei doing the walk of shame, D&D could not possibly killing off Daenerys, could they? Please No!

Well, I think that he is going to pass the test(if it comes to that).

As for Dany, I am pretty certain that she is going to get eliminated in E10, which is going to be the SHOCKER nobody anticipates.

Pretty sure it will be Jon snow getting stabbed or Cersei doing the walk of shame, D&D could not possibly killing off Daenerys, could they? Please No!

This is going to get interesting and tricky for the writers. The two main protagonists have finally met in story now what next.

So far Dany has always been the focus of her storylines centre of attention, she the dragon queen it was her journey. Now she is joined by Tyrion now if I take a guess everyone loves Tyrion even more than Dany he is the unanimous fan favourite and winner of IT if fans had a say. Just by performances alone Peter Dinklage has a commanding screen presence, a superior actor playing a more popular character so it will be challenging for Emilia to keep up. Now someone else pointed this out but the show has made it sound like Tyrion is still not convinced that Dany is worth all this trouble, and it is like Dany has to prove herself a worthy queen in the context of them developing a genuine bond. It is Tyrion who has the leadership skills and the strategic mind why would he invest his talent in someone who is not capable of ruling.

I think show will have a tricky job portraying Dany as a competent ruler who is learning against Tyrion's expert wit. If not done properly Dany will look like a whiny child that Tyrion has to fix. We love both these characters they both have a destiny to fulfill I hope neither is compromised and we get a great story where we get to root for both characters.

This is how I see it.

Tyrion uses his smooth talking to convince Danny to save his and Jorah's skins. They both sit beside her during the start of the great games, but either the harpy ambush or the entrance of Drogon will cause Jorah to enter the ring. Danny will eventually ride off on Drogon, leaving Tyrion and Sir Friend Zone behind. I bet this scene will be bookended by Cersei's walk of shame and Jon's Ceasar moment to end the penultimate episode. The season will end with Jon in some sort of coma state just like Bran before him.

Being a good warrior does not necessarily make you a good advisor, does it? Being old just makes you old. Command of any guard anywhere does not automatically confer political nous. I don't seem to recall Selmy having any great reputation as such.

Pretty sure we were talking about who could tell her about the history of westeros. I never said Barristan was a good political advisor, but he does know the history of westeros from first hand! I neither said good fighter = good commander. Please stop putting words in my mouth, I don’t like people doing that.

What I said (or wanted to say) was/is:

He was KG of both the mad king AND Robert. So yeah, the most recent history (and most interesting for Dany) he can tell her a lot about that.

Besides that he can tell her a lot more about her family. He knows all the great houses and probably met a lot of them. (He was Aerys/Roberts guard, so when they visited a high lord, he was probably there too.)

He probably knew some shit about political talk too. I don’t say he’s good with it, but he has heard enough during his service.

I don’t even want to explain the old part, but I think you got raised by your parents yourself didn’t you? Don’t you think that many times when you were young (and maybe even still at this point) they give you advice on life itself just based on their life experience. And this is something that Dany totally needs. Because she doesn’t understand shit of normal life.

Just wanted to explain..

No, they won't kill of Dany..

Pretty sure we were talking about who could tell her about the history of westeros. I never said Barristan was a good political advisor, but he does know the history of westeros from first hand! I neither said good fighter = good commander. Please stop putting words in my mouth, I don’t like people doing that.

What I said (or wanted to say) was/is:

He was KG of both the mad king AND Robert. So yeah, the most recent history (and most interesting for Dany) he can tell her a lot about that.

Besides that he can tell her a lot more about her family. He knows all the great houses and probably met a lot of them. (He was Aerys/Roberts guard, so when they visited a high lord, he was probably there too.)

He probably knew some shit about political talk too. I don’t say he’s good with it, but he has heard enough during his service.

I don’t even want to explain the old part, but I think you got raised by your parents yourself didn’t you? Don’t you think that many times when you were young (and maybe even still at this point) they give you advice on life itself just based on their life experience. And this is something that Dany totally needs. Because she doesn’t understand shit of normal life.

Just wanted to explain..

No, they won't kill of Dany..

i am pretty sure dany is one of the few people in the series who understands shit of the normal life

i am pretty sure dany is one of the few people in the series who understands shit of the normal life

I'm not talking about living with barely something to eat. I mean about life. What people accept and what people don't accept. How people react and how you should talk to people. She has enough to learn there, but that's my opinion.

Archived