The "Handsome Young Man" (Show Spoilers)

TheRoseWithThorns

I don't think it can be Lancel as Lancels relationship wit the High Sparrow is independent of Littlefinger's scheming.

Only 4 possibilities i can think of, in order of likelihood.

Robin

Gendry

Trystane

Rickon

Tommen?

Most likely: Lancel. Baeliah commented to Lancel that it was quite a family name to abandon when you become a brother sparrow. Littlefinger somehow got word to the HS that he should question Lancel.

Some have theorized the HS was playing Cersei all this time and waiting to spring the trap, but I disagree. Lancel joined the sparrows as a brother, confessed his sins, perhaps even naming names. But we don't know to whom he confessed, and the sparrows didn't have the authority or capability to arrest anyone - until Cersei armed them, recreating the Faith Militant.

At first I shrugged it off and just thought he meant lancel, but doesn't the HS state that lancel confessed a while ago? And it being lancel doesn't make sense.So I'm starting to think this was just misdirection on purpose and LF was referring to Robert Arryn.

Most likely: Lancel. Baeliah commented to Lancel that it was quite a family name to abandon when you become a brother sparrow. Littlefinger somehow got word to the HS that he should question Lancel.

Some have theorized the HS was playing Cersei all this time and waiting to spring the trap, but I disagree. Lancel joined the sparrows as a brother, confessed his sins, perhaps even naming names. But we don't know to whom he confessed, and the sparrows didn't have the authority or capability to arrest anyone - until Cersei armed them, recreating the Faith Militant.

The HS was definitely waiting to trap Cersi from day 1. He said so himself if you listened to him. To bad for Cersi she wasn't listening either.

Ooooh, Maybe this is how they introduce fAeogon.

This is an interesting theory... I assume this could only be true if fAegon has a lasting impact on the story and features heavily in The Winds of Winter, and even then it's not a sure bet. It also wouldn't be as interesting as Varys being Aegon's road to Westeros - Varys has more connections overseas, while Littlefinger was always rooted in Westeros.

It would also be interesting to see a Targaryen-Tyrell alliance, as opposed to the Targaryen-Martell alliance building in the books.

I don't think it's true, but I want it to be.

Gendry. LF uses Gendry to lock up the Stormlands and Reach. LF hires the Golden Company, which lands in the Stormlands and takes Storm's End in Gendry's name. Gendry/Margo marriage is put into the works. Of course, there's still Tommen, but I have a feeling that Jaime will not be alone on his return to King's Landing, and poor, poor Tommen will be a victim of a poisoned sewing needle.

I've got my own theory about Gendry, not sure if this is the right place though or somewhere else.

I think Gendry isn't Roberts bastard and he is actually his and Cersei's 1st dark hair child who apparently died as a baby.

If LF has worked that out which is perfectly possible due to all the information he has gathered then it would be the ultimate bombshell, it will get the Lannisters out of power and then have a suitable royal match for Margery. She would need to get her marriage to Tommen annulled though which could be possible if Tommen is proved to be born out of approval of the seven.

Why is this even confusing? LF gave Cersei a Handsome Young Manâ„¢, Olyvar, and he gave Olenna another HYMâ„¢, Lancel.

Because Lancel confessed his sins months ago when he came to the Faith. He would have nothing more of value. The High Sparrow was just playing Cersei the whole time.

Edit: My guess is sloppy writing. Two separate people must have wrote each scene which would explain the plot holes.

This is an interesting theory... I assume this could only be true if fAegon has a lasting impact on the story and features heavily in The Winds of Winter, and even then it's not a sure bet. It also wouldn't be as interesting as Varys being Aegon's road to Westeros - Varys has more connections overseas, while Littlefinger was always rooted in Westeros.

It would also be interesting to see a Targaryen-Tyrell alliance, as opposed to the Targaryen-Martell alliance building in the books.

I don't think it's true, but I want it to be.

There's a nice symmetry to it. Varys has Dany and Visarys in secret while LF has been cultivating Aegon (or fAegon) in secret.

Archived