Book Spoilers - Did the "Next Week" Give Away a Twist

JonSnow4President

It's flashing way too quickly to be sure, and I can't pause it at the right time, but does it look like the person drawing the sword among the wildlings at the very end of the "next week" section is none other than our beloved

Mance

Or am I just seeing something I want to see?

I think this is the episode where Theon admits the truth to Sansa. He'll tell her that he didn't kill her brothers. He just lied to cover up his failure. And he'll tell her that Ramsay knows, and he is lying about it, too. Then they start bonding in their shared misery and begin planning their escape. Since Theon can move around more freely, he'll probably be the one who meets Brienne & Co, and then the ball can start rolling. If we're particularly lucky, there will be a scene where Sansa inserts that screwpull (or knife, or whatever it was) into Ramsay's eye socket somewhere in there. Probably not, but one can hope...

will jorah still have to fight in the pits?

Yep. It seems she will keep her word about what she'd do if Jorah came back to the city. She's lightened up maybe a tad because of the "gift" but he'll have to fight in the pits. Tyrion will probably watch alongside Dany, M, and Hidzar

So, I found it on youtube last night (before this had been approved and posted to the subforum, but after I submitted it), and was able to pause it better than I could on cable. It's a guy with similar enough facial features that he looked like Mance for the half second he was on screen. He was also standing in shadow just right, so it looked like he had black hair.

So, no pipe dream.

I'm quite curious as the timeline of the events at Hardhome...

From promos, we know it's daylight when Jon arrives and daylight when the bulk of the fight happens. But it's night when he talks with wildlings leaders, so he must stay there at least two days. Pretty sure at least 1/3d of the episode will be focused on Hardhome.

At the end of the promo you see an aerial shot of Hardhome, you can see the Wildlings amassed inside the walled area but what about outside it? I can't tell if they are trees or others outside the walls because you can also see torches too. Is this a shot of the wights or is it other wildling clans coming in to the walled area?

I think it's clear that much of this episode will take place at Hardhome. I think Jon is going to help the wildlings clear the wights and White Walkers out of Hardhome and after that, he will get the reluctant support of the wildlings.

No, Mance is definitely dead. They did not sent up any potential glamour or fake-out storyline on the show to just have him show up alive. He's as dead as Ned, Robb, Ser Barristan, Tywin, Shae, Joffrey, Talisa, Locke, Craster and random peasant #324

There is a certain person missing since season/book 1.

A certain person is also listed among the cast on IMDB in episode 10. Of course, IMDB is notoriously inaccurate as a predictor of future guest stars, and the characters initials are BS. So, take it for what it's worth.

Archived