Book Spoilers - Did the "Next Week" Give Away a Twist

JonSnow4President

There is probably a 0% chance this could happen; but how fantastic would it be if it's revealed Benjen has been hiding as a wilding at hardhome and reveals himself to Jon as shit starts to hit the fan?

Wouldnt say 0%, but no more than a 20% chance. ^^

As for the weirwood moment, I still hold on to the hope it will happen... I'd say Bran's whisper has 70% chances of appearing, and if it's featured (alongside Theon's confession), it will be next episode I'd say.

I want to see a weirwood moment with Bran too. That would be much more powerful and convincing a motivator for Theon than Sansa just yelling at him or shaming him. After the way Ramsey has traumatized him, its going to take an intense spiritual or supernatural experience for Theon to transcend his fear and do the right thing. But I think they also need to foreshadow it at least an episode ahead by showing Bran's ability from Bran's point of view, seeing Theon through the eyes of the wierwood tree in the Winterfell Godswood. Otherwise it would seem too out of left field to make sense.

If they do the weirwood bit, I don't think they'll foreshadow it with a Bran clip, dream or even a name-drop. What I think will happen is you'll hear a vague "Theon" voice, maybe even see some clips - but, at the time, it'll be ambiguous enough to make Unsullieds think that it's just Theon having flashbacks, and/or the product of his broken mind (particularly the hearing voices part).

But I think they will then revisit it in the first episode of season six, and you'll see it from Bran's point of view as he "looks down" at Theon, and it'll add an entirely new layer to that scene which will hopefully blow people's minds.

If they do the weirwood bit, I don't think they'll foreshadow it with a Bran clip, dream or even a name-drop. What I think will happen is you'll hear a vague "Theon" voice, maybe even see some clips - but, at the time, it'll be ambiguous enough to make Unsullieds think that it's just Theon having flashbacks, and/or the product of his broken mind (particularly the hearing voices part).

But I think they will then revisit it in the first episode of season six, and you'll see it from Bran's point of view as he "looks down" at Theon, and it'll add an entirely new layer to that scene which will hopefully blow people's minds.

I like your take on this. Given, Theon's betrayal of Sansa last episode and this one is 8/10, I think the breakthrough to Theon by Sansa must come in this episode.

I like your take on this. Given, Theon's betrayal of Sansa last episode and this one is 8/10, I think the breakthrough to Theon by Sansa must come in this episode.

Totally, I'm really looking forward to the Sansa-Theon stuff in 'Hardhome' now! I just hope Sansa acts as the catalyst which leads him to the tree where he gets his own scene; rather than her getting it all out of him there in that moment when she shouts at him.

Essentially what I'm saying is, I don't want Sansa to absorb the role of "Weirwood Tree" in the same way she did "Jeyne Poole". She's great this season but I think Theon (and subsequently Bran) needs to get a bit of focus by himself. Like, putting him alone in a "room" with his sins sort of moment. Will be really powerful.

Totally, I'm really looking forward to the Sansa-Theon stuff in 'Hardhome' now! I just hope Sansa acts as the catalyst which leads him to the tree where he gets his own scene; rather than her getting it all out of him there in that moment when she shouts at him.

Essentially what I'm saying is, I don't want Sansa to absorb the role of "Weirwood Tree" in the same way she did "Jeyne Poole". She's great this season but I think Theon (and subsequently Bran) needs to get a bit of focus by himself. Like, putting him alone in a "room" with his sins sort of moment. Will be really powerful.

I think Theon will breakdown in front of Sansa and she will find out that he was emasculated by Ramsay, she will be in shock, Theon will run away and into the Godswoods, cry out of embarrasment and then, maybe we hear "Theon" or even "Theon, help her". They may get together again in the episode and she learns of her brothers. They have to move this along as time is running out.

I think Theon will breakdown in front of Sansa and she will find out that he was emasculated by Ramsay, she will be in shock, Theon will run away and into the Godswoods, cry out of embarrasment and then, maybe we hear "Theon" or even "Theon, help her". They may get together again in the episode and she learns of her brothers. They have to move this along as time is running out.

It is not for sure that these events will transpire this season. Being that we have not seen the Bran arc at all, I can see them saving this for the start of next season. IT would totally suck, but it could happen. I have a feeling that Bran has to have a big part in the upcoming seasons as well as in TWoW. Afterall, in my oppinion, he is the most powerfull man in the world of Ice and Fire.

It is not for sure that these events will transpire this season. Being that we have not seen the Bran arc at all, I can see them saving this for the start of next season. IT would totally suck, but it could happen. I have a feeling that Bran has to have a big part in the upcoming seasons as well as in TWoW. Afterall, in my oppinion, he is the most powerfull man in the world of Ice and Fire.

Bran and Rickon both. yes, and Sansa's role is diminishing after this one, who knows.

I believe that was a corkscrew that Sansa grabbed.

It was? I will have to watch it again. The picture was not very clear.

Well as long as she knows to "stick him with the pointy end" right in the jugular, I will be fine with whatever implement it is. Also the symbolism is too great.

Well as long as she knows to "stick him with the pointy end" right in the jugular, I will be fine with whatever implement it is. Also the symbolism is too great.

Sooner or later there is going to be a physical confrontation with Ramsay and Sansa and she is going to hurt him.

Sooner or later there is going to be a physical confrontation with Ramsay and Sansa and she is going to hurt him.

After the last episode, I have an odd feeling that she is going to see the necessity for some sort of desperation, especially after KL. Either she sticks him and tries to get to the tower to light her own candle, or some sort of commotion breaks out giving her the opening to stick him and run for the tower. Wild guess of course.....

She's going to screw him over ;)

She's going to screw him over ;)

Or she could show it to Theon/Reek and freak him out since it looks a lot like the corkscrew they used on his foot when they tortured him...perhaps as a way to help him remember who he was. Maybe after she says that line in the preview.

This. Also adding that since Sansa's story line is one of the most anticipated story lines this year (especially because we have heard nothing from Sansa in years in the books) I don't see it coming to a conclusion. I think we are in for a definite cliffhanger, unfortunately.

Archived