This week's Sand Snake scene was brought to you by the most beautiful woman in the world (or else) [book spoilers]

Good Guy Garlan

So what did y'all think of the Teenage Ninja Snakes this time around?

On the upside, the sexposition brought fond memories of past seasons, where sex was used to monologue and not to traumatize the viewer.

But what on earth was the point of Bronn's cut? And why did Tyene flash her boobs? Of all the gratuitous nudity we've had on the series, this takes the absolute cake.

And Tyene came off so petty/childish with the whole "was the most beautiful woman in the world, who?" shtick. It's like "women, amirite? Always concerned about their looks"

I don't know, man, not a fan. I mean, the actress has nice boobs, sure, but even Bronn was like, "Oh, you Dornish girls, you so horny!"

And Tyene came off so petty/childish with the whole "was the most beautiful woman in the world, who?" shtick. It's like "women, amirite? Always concerned about their looks"

I don't know, man, not a fan. I mean, the actress has nice boobs, sure, but even Bronn was like, "Oh, you Dornish girls, you so horny!"

A million times this. Like, she was gonna poison him, but he said she was pretty, so she aw shucks gave him the antidote. Flattery, it just gets us women every time.

They should figure out better ways to get her to show bewbs.

Assuming they'll manipulate Bronn in some way. First thought was that the "cure" wasn't a cure at all and just a suppressant, and they'll use that against him. Or maybe they'll just convince him to join their side.

Or it was just an excuse to show off Tyene's rack.

Look, without the boob you would be thinking about how fucked up the hole dorne thing actually is. Book and show.

It is like: Here have some tits, while we try to write any kind of character into the sandsnakes.

@Young Nan

A million times this. Like, she was gonna poison him, but he said she was pretty, so she aw shucks gave him the antidote. Flattery, it just gets us women every time.

Well, I guess she did not want to face the fact, that she in the end killed a prisoner of the king. But honestly, the sandsnakes are as stupid and silly as they come.

Lets just think about it for a moment, she used a slow acting poison in a mission meant to snap and grap a princess where the probable opposition where the guards of her uncle... Non-deadly incapacitating poison, thats the way to go, not something which gets your own oncle fucking pissed after you succeded (where it would not have helped) or failed (maybe because it DID not help).

The sand snakes have clearly chosen the wrong line of work. So I have to say jay, to her showing het tits, one thing she did not fuck up.

(But my guess is, that if she would not have had the bars to hold onto, she would have fallen flat on her face. Well at least the show is staying true to the book...)

(But my guess mostly is, that they wanted to show, that she actually defeated bronn, had power over him. So empowering to her. She had his live in her hand. Could play with him. It is one of those scences where nobody dares to change genders, because a guy would come across as the creepiest of creeps and it would be true. Would be a start if scences like that in general would disappear.)

The Sand Snakes are acting perfectly reasonable in the context of a vendetta.

The problem is they're totally ignoring the politics involved.

Why?

Probably because as the Prince's neices in a land where bastardry is not acknowledged, it's the first time they've ever been told no.

The nudity did actually have a point. By getting Bronn all hot and bothered, she increased his heart rate and altered bloodflow... things that will speed up the spread of poison in his system and make him take notice of his arm. She demonstrated power over Bronn. Either he now respects her as a badass or the "antidote" was only temporary and she now owns him because he is dependent on her to get more... Bronn's opinion of the SS is drastically altered and makes it more likely that he will side with them over Jaime. I have a bad feeling that Myrcella's pretty face is not going to last.

The nudity did actually have a point. By getting Bronn all hot and bothered, she increased his heart rate and altered bloodflow... things that will speed up the spread of poison in his system and make him take notice of his arm. She demonstrated power over Bronn. Either he now respects her as a badass or the "antidote" was only temporary and she now owns him because he is dependent on her to get more... Bronn's opinion of the SS is drastically altered and makes it more likely that he will side with them over Jaime. I have a bad feeling that Myrcella's pretty face is not going to last.

Hmm. This is actually a very good explaination.

Not stupid after all.

I always thought why the reaction was drastic. Now you explained it

:bowdown:

So what did y'all think of the Teenage Ninja Snakes this time around?

On the upside, the sexposition brought fond memories of past seasons, where sex was used to monologue and not to traumatize the viewer.

But what on earth was the point of Bronn's cut? And why did Tyene flash her boobs? Of all the gratuitous nudity we've had on the series, this takes the absolute cake.

Some poisons actually work faster with a higher heart rate (blood moves faster). My guess is that she seduced Bronn to increase his heart rate thus the poison spread more rapidly. An educated guess/opinion. I don't exactly have experience with poison.

Beat me to it. :cheers:

Hm, I looked at her wikipedia page.... and she was born in March 1996.... so she was only 17 when she was auditioning for this part... Am I the only one that thinks that's a little messed up??

Oh and yeah, I thought the same thing in the scene, that she was getting his blood running :). But I don't understand why she gave him the cure....

Hm, I looked at her wikipedia page.... and she was born in March 1996.... so she was only 17 when she was auditioning for this part... Am I the only one that thinks that's a little messed up??

Oh and yeah, I thought the same thing in the scene, that she was getting his blood running :). But I don't understand why she gave him the cure....

Yeh gawds you Americans and your hang-ups on sexuality.

Yeh gawds you Americans and your hang-ups on sexuality.

I'm actually European, but getting a little older :). Anyway, the show is American, D&D are Americans.... shouldn't it matter at least to them? :)

I'm actually European, but getting a little older :). Anyway, the show is American, D&D are Americans.....

Then I am surprised why a 17-year old girl doing nudity is so fucked up to you. I know the show is American, but hey, it's HBO.

Archived