This week's Sand Snake scene was brought to you by the most beautiful woman in the world (or else) [book spoilers]

Good Guy Garlan

But I don't understand why she gave him the cure....

Probably the only dude who ever told her she fights well or maybe she gets turned on by singing dudes.

Well if thats the case, I see a reason for last episode's out of place Bronn dialogue.

The nudity did actually have a point. By getting Bronn all hot and bothered, she increased his heart rate and altered bloodflow... things that will speed up the spread of poison in his system and make him take notice of his arm. She demonstrated power over Bronn. Either he now respects her as a badass or the "antidote" was only temporary and she now owns him because he is dependent on her to get more... Bronn's opinion of the SS is drastically altered and makes it more likely that he will side with them over Jaime. I have a bad feeling that Myrcella's pretty face is not going to last.

Agree, that's how it works with all the chinese kungfu novels.

And Tyene came off so petty/childish with the whole "was the most beautiful woman in the world, who?" shtick. It's like "women, amirite? Always concerned about their looks"

....She is a young, beautiful woman, most young beautiful women are petty about being called beautiful or not.

The entire scene, as previously pointed out, was just an excuse for the lovely Taena to show off her boobies. Not that I'm complaining; it was lovely to watch, and they are exquisitely pert, but even so I realise that the dialogue was beyond corniness, and the way that Bronn keeled over (before we find out he's been poisoned) as if he'd been overwhelmed by the sight of Taena's tits was just ridiculous. A very silly scene all round, but I can at least give it some leeway because it was enjoyable nonsense as opposed to just being flat out bad.

I agree the Sand Snakes have been underwhelming so far, but I can't believe they would portray them THIS badly as to include a completely pointless scene like this.

I have a quick prediction that is a combination of blind guessing and book spoilers:

The scene would make more sense if it leads to the Sand Snakes trying to seduce/blackmail (with more antidote, might need more doses) Bronn into helping them escape and try to capture/kill Myrcella again, which in turn would lead to something that happens to Arys Oakheart in the book involving Areo Hotah and an axe. Then Doran shows up (bit too late for Bronn's liking) to break up the fight and to make his speech and fAegon/rAegon/Trystane whatevs. This happens in ep.9 and concludes the Dorne arc for this season. Or we get a quick scene in the finale with Jaime forsaking Cersei and teaming up with the Martells to protect Myrcella.

I don't post often so I hope the spoiler tag is sufficient. If not, delete this post. Thanks.

I've talked about the scene itself plenty since the script was leaked. Rosabell's performance however was great. She's not weighed down by the accent and over the top lines like Keisha is. It kills me that we're probably not gonna see much more from her until they get shipped back to D & D's precious KL however. It woulda been so easy to do Dorne so much better.

I've talked about the scene itself plenty since the script was leaked. Rosabell's performance however was great. She's not weighed down by the accent and over the top lines like Keisha is. It kills me that we're probably not gonna see much more from her until they get shipped back to D & D's precious KL however. It woulda been so easy to do Dorne so much better.

Rosabell's Italian-American, while Keisha is from New Zealand, it makes sense that the former would sound a lot more comfortable with the accent.

I think Bronn has just become Tyene's bitch, he'll be hers to control now or something.

I thought immediately that the antidote would be mixed with some potion to weaken and subdue the will. That would make a lot of sense since it now appears that the Bronn-Aerys theory is likely to stand up.

All I can hope ft go for now is that the theory that also Bronn-Darkstar is correct... But I am not so hopeful

The boob was unnecessary. But gratuitous boob is the least of this storyline's problems. Last year I was like "yay Dorne", now I'm like "noooo, Dorne again". It does get such a tiny amount of airtime, which i suppose is a good thing given how badly it's written and staged.

But it makes you wonder why they didn't just cut it completely then, they clearly have no idea what they're doing. The story had so much potential, and I understand the constraints of airtime - but then why do the writers keep giving secondary characters precious moments (Grey Worm / Missandei?) while reducing a potentially powerful storyline like Dorne to a series of vignettes about an exotic Latino/Arab land where women are crazy hot and crazy crazy. Yawn.

The boob was unnecessary. But gratuitous boob is the least of this storyline's problems.

As the Killer Snark noted, the actress did have nice boobs. Not that i am even a boob guy, but that lady had pretty ones. I don't know if it is necessary or not but I think if the actress is proud of them and happy to show them, then i have no issue with it.

This is the first time nudity has had that affect on me in the show. All other times I felt it was always unnecessary eye candy that's taking away from the story. Now that the story is falling to pieces, this was actually a very pleasant scene.

The only good thing the sand snakes have done.

They make poor fighters but great eye candy

Point of this scene: Stockholm Syndrome and cardiovascular system. She flashed her tits to get his blood flowing and give him something nice. Then, once the poison started working its magic, she made him dependent on her. If they get out of prison, which they will (Oberyn isn't going to execute his nieces, and Bronn was instrumental in saving Myrcella's life), the Sand Snakes might have an ally in Bronn, and Jaime might have a problem.

unmester - Exactly. Her boobs were beautiful. And the actress playing Tyene, to give her credit, is pretty good in it. She managed at least to give some credibility to the impossible dialogue she got given. The Dorne scenes,as daft and mishandled as they are, don't really worry me that greatly. They aren't much worse in all honesty than the Dorne scenes in the books. My one continual point of grievance is the elimination of the Greyjoys. We can now rest assured that the beyond terrible Dreadfort rescue attempt by Asha (sorry, 'Yara') last season was D and D's hamfisted way of getting the many interesting chapters involving Asha, Victarion, Euron, Aeron and the Kingsmoot unnecessarily out of the equation. And as variable as the early Kingsmoot chapters in AFfC might be, they could have really been adapted well. Anything would have been better than the way they resolved Asha's arc last season in that atrocious Dreadfort scene.

The nudity did actually have a point. By getting Bronn all hot and bothered, she increased his heart rate and altered bloodflow... things that will speed up the spread of poison in his system and make him take notice of his arm. She demonstrated power over Bronn. Either he now respects her as a badass or the "antidote" was only temporary and she now owns him because he is dependent on her to get more... Bronn's opinion of the SS is drastically altered and makes it more likely that he will side with them over Jaime. I have a bad feeling that Myrcella's pretty face is not going to last.

I just find it hard to believe this worked on Bronn - I wasn't turned on the slightest by the cheapness of this, and I sure as hell have seen far fewer naked women than he has :p

Killer Snark,

Yes, I agree, the Greyjoys haven't been done justice by the show in recent seasons. They started of well, when Theon returned to Balon. I'm still hopeful that Yara will return and Euron will show up, perhaps in season 6 - but I am losing hope.

And I agree with imp-ty & Talking Hodor,

The scene was a little more than just about seeing Tyene's boobs - we saw her boobs so we could empathize with what Bronn might be thinking. And Bronn was thinking 'shit, that chick is tougher than how hot she looks and she has got a big one up on me.' That's why I said she made Bronn her bitch.

No need to get all bent out of shape over some top notch boobies, the whole storyline for Dorne is a waste. Especially with Jaime and Bronn involved. If anything Tyene's performance was a display of how cunning the Sand Snakes really are.

Archived