This week's Sand Snake scene was brought to you by the most beautiful woman in the world (or else) [book spoilers]

Good Guy Garlan

I think... that a lot of people are jealous of Tyene's boobs.

You don't see all the men complaining when we have to watch a guy's ass on screen. Their asses are like 100x better looking than most of ours, too, but we ain't all jelly and roarin' about it on the internet.

That scene ruled and actually made me interested in the Sand Snakes. I like how each of their postures and reactions reflect their character. Nym was even kinda wound up like a snake on that bench. Obara was sittin' all man-like and strong, and its obvious that Tyene does this sort of thing through the way they react to it. Nym is kinda haughty and maybe even prudish. Obara is in a completely different direction. I now know something about these characters!

Still wish Arianne was there in place of Ellaria. I love the actress and I loved Season 4 Ellaria, but this new rewrite of her character just does not work, for the actress or the show. It makes no sense that she would call Oberyn's death murder, and it makes it seem like the Sand Snakes are only doing all of this because she got them riled up to do it.

Well, I don't know about that. But given the outrage a pair of teats caused, could you imagine what would happen if we had a scene with Tyrion in bed with three fully naked whores, one of whom is giving him oral sex just off the frame?

Well, I don't know about that. But given the outrage a pair of teats caused, could you imagine what would happen if we had a scene with Tyrion in bed with three fully naked whores, one of whom is giving him oral sex just off the frame?

You keep simplifying things. No one would mind that Tyrion is in bed with three whores because the show has presented him to be like that since ep. 1.

I dunno, Jaime is stille uncle daddy to the king. That's a lot more powerful than sellsword, or even "Prince's bastard niece".

But they are in Dorne. And Jaime has already gotten caught. If war seems likely, you wanna be on the side whose desertfortress you are already in.

Doesn't that sound like his introductory scene in the pilot? Only with him going down instead of the whore.

Nudity is great, and it should be on as many TV shows as possible, we get it. That doesn't preclude this scene was for titty-llation, and titty-llation only.

It was a pointless scene contrived just to see Tyene's tits. If the point of that scene was to show she was a poisoner, you don't need her to get naked. If it was to show she's sultry and a seductress, you still don't need her naked. I enjoy a nice pair of breasts as much as the next straight guy, but Jesus that scene was gratuitous.

You will have to try way harder to convince anyone that you are not an uptight puritan.

Anyway it was an audition scene. What does it tell you? Maybe, just maybe this scene is designed to give Tyene some characterization. I mean you really dont have to be a genius to realize that. It was obviously not pointless. And it was a beautiful scene, one of few scenes on GoT that were truly erotic and not just blatant lazy commitment to the boobs quota like almost all brothel scenes.

Doesn't that sound like his introductory scene in the pilot? Only with him going down instead of the whore.

Nudity is great, and it should be on as many TV shows as possible, we get it. That doesn't preclude this scene was for titty-llation, and titty-llation only.

Precisely, that scene was on the first episode of the series. This scene, just like that one, was to characterize a character. And it was way softer than all the sex and nudity of the first two seasons.

But now that the show is turning softer in violence and sex, people complain. Go figure.

Yeah, people have been saying 'wait and see' for 5 years. I'm done waiting and seeing. I know how the Ds roll.

I don't need to wait and see to know that there is no way to salvage a scene of a woman doing a freaky striptease in a jail cell while blabbing about 'aren't I beautiful' to the guy she just poisoned. whether it's to get his blood pressure up so the poison works or whatever, it's silly and doesn't belong in a show like GOT.

I completely agree. I would much rather have seen a scene where Dany was entertaining a foreign dignitary wearing a dress with one boob sticking out watching a bunch of naked dudes throw a bunch of naked women in the air and "catching" them with their cocks.

I completely agree. I would much rather have seen a scene where Dany was entertaining a foreign dignitary wearing a dress with one boob sticking out watching a bunch of naked dudes throw a bunch of naked women in the air and "catching" them with their cocks.

ayy lmao i don't remember the catching them with their dicks part

Not everything translates to TV, as I have been told numerous times. There is a lot of stuff in the books that would make very silly TV, but I'm not sure what that has to do with or how it excuses putting things on TV that make for silly TV without even having the excuse that they were in the books.

You will have to try way harder to convince anyone that you are not an uptight puritan.

Anyway it was an audition scene. What does it tell you? Maybe, just maybe this scene is designed to give Tyene some characterization. I mean you really dont have to be a genius to realize that. It was obviously not pointless. And it was a beautiful scene, one of few scenes on GoT that were truly erotic and not just blatant lazy commitment to the boobs quota like almost all brothel scenes.

Boobs quota is that a thing? Every show must have it :D

Archived