This week's Sand Snake scene was brought to you by the most beautiful woman in the world (or else) [book spoilers]

Good Guy Garlan

I like this week's a bit more simply because they finally tied in how Tyene is a poisoner. Of course now she will be known as the boob snake instead of the whip snake, but I see that as a step forward towards being known as the poison snake.

So what did y'all think of the Teenage Ninja Snakes this time around?

On the upside, the sexposition brought fond memories of past seasons, where sex was used to monologue and not to traumatize the viewer.

But what on earth was the point of Bronn's cut? And why did Tyene flash her boobs? Of all the gratuitous nudity we've had on the series, this takes the absolute cake.

And Tyene came off so petty/childish with the whole "was the most beautiful woman in the world, who?" shtick. It's like "women, amirite? Always concerned about their looks"

I don't know, man, not a fan. I mean, the actress has nice boobs, sure, but even Bronn was like, "Oh, you Dornish girls, you so horny!"

Yeah, I would have never started watching this series if I had known there would be so much sex and nudity in it. I mean, GRRM went out of his way to not talk about breasts and cunts and cocks in the book, why can't the show runners respect his vision and keep the television adaptation pure? It's not like the episodes that GRRM has written for the TV series have been the raunchiest of them all.

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't find Tyene attractive.....just, no, no, no.

Oh, I think she's pretty hot. I would have preferred blonde haired, blue-eyed Tyene like in the books, however. This one is rather sultry, and Tyene's most dangerous weapon is her innocence and charm.

Oh, I think she's pretty hot. I would have preferred blonde haired, blue-eyed Tyene like in the books, however. This one is rather sultry, and Tyene's most dangerous weapon is her innocence and charm.

Yeah, showing her rack is the very picture of innocence.

The pixie cut isn't doing her any favors, I think. Like I said, nice boobs, but I still think Nym is hotter.

Yeah, I would have never started watching this series if I had known there would be so much sex and nudity in it. I mean, GRRM went out of his way to not talk about breasts and cunts and cocks in the book, why can't the show runners respect his vision and keep the television adaptation pure? It's not like the episodes that GRRM has written for the TV series have been the raunchiest of them all.

*rolls eyes so hard they see the inside of the skull*

Yeh gawds you Americans and your hang-ups on sexuality.

This. For god's sake, it was a kind of funny/scary scene...she was clearly toying with him. She obviously doesn't care what he thinks of her, she's just screwing with him

I thought it was the best Dorne scene this season.

I like this week's a bit more simply because they finally tied in how Tyene is a poisoner. Of course now she will be known as the boob snake instead of the whip snake, but I see that as a step forward towards being known as the poison snake.

That seems to have been the purpose of it, to show that the sand snakes use poison. Little doubt that it'll come into play again before the season is over.

BOOK SPOILERS:

In the books, Ariana Martell seducing Arys Oakheart was gratuitous too. I'm pretty sure Tyene is taking the role of Ariana and Bronn will probably be a mix of Arys and Darkstar. It would actually be a pretty good story if Bronn sides with the Sand Snakes, and injures Myrcella and is ultimately killed by Areo Hotah.

Yeah, showing her rack is the very picture of innocence.

The pixie cut isn't doing her any favors, I think. Like I said, nice boobs, but I still think Nym is hotter.

*rolls eyes so hard they see the inside of the skull*

I have my doubts that you actually read my comment.

People that want a "faithful" adaptation and complain about the "gratuitous" nudity crack me up. If any adaptation of ASoIaF was "faithful", it would have to be shown on Skinemax or Playboy.

I have my doubts that you actually read my comment.

People that want a "faithful" adaptation and complain about the "gratuitous" nudity crack me up. If any adaptation of ASoIaF was "faithful", it would have to be shown on Skinemax or Playboy.

Keep strawmanning all you like, it doesn't make THIS particular scene any less gratuitous

Keep strawmanning all you like, it doesn't make THIS particular scene any less gratuitous

In arguing that the scene is gratuitous, you suggest that here are appropriate uses of nudity and inappropriate uses, particularly that nudity was used as a base appeal to sexuality in this circumstance. I'm prepared to argue that the entire book series has been successful because it doesn't treat sexuality as taboo, and that your argument that the nudity is gratuitous is a gross misunderstanding of the entire premise of ASoIaF.

In the beginning of that scene I recall Bronn saying that he doesn't hurt women. But then I remembered in S1 where he told Shae and Tyrion that his first kill was woman. Why is his character is written so inconsistently....

Because nothing in GRRM's series is consistent. People change or they die. Unreliable narration is a huge part of that.

Archived