could aegon be the sun's son?

"Hear me, Daenerys Targaryen. The glass candles are burning. Soon comes the pale mare, and after her the others. Kraken and dark flame, lion and griffin, the sun's son and the mummer's dragon. Trust none of them. Remember the Undying. Beware the perfumed seneschal."

first of all i'd like to say that i'm not really sure whether aegon is real or not but there's something i picked up.

when she referred to victarion,joncon and tyrion Quaithe called them as the animals/monsters for their house sigil:

victarion was a kraken, not the kraken's son and tyrion was a lion because he's name was lannister, do why Quaithe supposedly called quentyn "the sun's son" if by that logic shouldn't she call him the sun? well i think it's possible that the sun=a martell and that the sun's son is aegon, the son of elia martell and the mummer's dragon is quentyn who tried to prtended to be a "dragon" by riding one and failed.

What he means is that its interchangeable. It works for either one (Quentyn and Aegon). Both are son of the Sun and for both the Mummer's Dragon fits as well.

Most likely Sun's son is Quentyn and Mummer's Dragon is Aegon. He is not fake. He is the son of Rhaegar and Elia. What Quaithe means by Mummer's Dragon is that he plays dress up and hides his identity by dying hes hair, changing eye color etc... Like Mummer's do...

If you read Lucifer means Lightbringer's Astrology of Planetos essays you'll see he makes a strong argument linking Rhaegar to a Sun deity. They are long but great essays. I'd advise reading TWOIAF since that's where he gets lots of info.

IF he's right and Rhaegar is the Sun, then the Sun's Son could be Jon (IF R+L=J) and Quentyn just a red herring.

Notice the two IFs.

What he means is that its interchangeable. It works for either one (Quentyn and Aegon). Both are son of the Sun and for both the Mummer's Dragon fits as well.

Most likely Sun's son is Quentyn and Mummer's Dragon is Aegon. He is not fake. He is the son of Rhaegar and Elia. What Quaithe means by Mummer's Dragon is that he plays dress up and hides his identity by dying hes hair, changing eye color etc... Like Mummer's do...

This is an excellent point that I have never thought of! Very nice!

And this whole thread raising some really interesting thoughts. The first one ever to make me second guess my idea that he's not real.

But I had a thought as to why certain men were referred to their sigils and some were not (forgive me if this was pointed out) but both Tyrion & Victarion have lost their father while Quentyn still has his. Tyrion would be Lord of Casterly Rock if his father hadn't hated him. I'm sorry I can't remember the exact situation with Victarion, but he would prob be on the Seastone chair if Euron hadn't killed Balon and would've stayed out to sea. I know it's kind of flimsy but it's what I got lol. Just a thought I had. Also is Quentyn a man grown like the others? Cause I'm not sure if he is which could be another explanation for the Sun's son

It's just simple grammar, not really an "idea."

However the "sun's son" obviously has to do with Dorne and is thus Quentyn.

Good catch! I can't believe that I didn't notice I quoted the wrong quote. I was referring to the part that he's a mummers dragon because Varys is a mummer and is backing Aegon.

Archived