So Brienne's plan...

Mordos_Kull

...Was to follow someone who rejected her and gave her no hint that she may need her at some stage of her future, stay in an inn for months (I'm saying months because it would have taken Little Finger at least a month to get from Winterfell to Kings Landing), and ASSUME Sansa will signal her for help?

She's not had any contact with Sansa (yes, the old lady would have delivered her message, but I figure that if there was going to be some insightful information passed between her and Brienne, we would have seen it)

I admit having Brienne wandering around the Riverlands was dull, but having her just sit in an Inn all season?

No doubt, the candle scene will happen and she will come to Sansa's aid, but it's as if the writers feel she has no struggle now. All she needs to do is wait all season, and then just go in and kill everyone. I really hope there is a casualty in her mission (Ramsay or Roose shouldn't succumb to her, just because she's Brienne)

...Was to follow someone who rejected her and gave her no hint that she may need her at some stage of her future, stay in an inn for months (I'm saying months because it would have taken Little Finger at least a month to get from Winterfell to Kings Landing), and ASSUME Sansa will signal her for help?

She's not had any contact with Sansa (yes, the old lady would have delivered her message, but I figure that if there was going to be some insightful information passed between her and Brienne, we would have seen it)

I admit having Brienne wandering around the Riverlands was dull, but having her just sit in an Inn all season?

No doubt, the candle scene will happen and she will come to Sansa's aid, but it's as if the writers feel she has no struggle now. All she needs to do is wait all season, and then just go in and kill everyone. I really hope there is a casualty in her mission (Ramsay or Roose shouldn't succumb to her, just because she's Brienne)

Well, I'm guessing Brienne was forwarded the message of waiting for the candle by the old man who ran the inn or the old servant woman. Once she was to see that lighted candle in the broken tower, that was her cue to go in and rescue Sansa. The problem is, is that now Ramsay KNOWS about the whole "candle plot" because Theon told him about it.

So, either 2 things are going to happen (both happening are actually possible). One, the Bolton's are going to ramp up and secure areas with guards and their men. They will probably have a couple spies watching in on Sansa/Theon too. The thing is, Sansa is really their only good hold on the North,so they're going to do everything in their power to keep her there at WF. So, bottom line is, is that they're not just going to be stupid and just forget about the whole thing with the candles.

The second idea I have is (and this is the one I'm really trying to get at) that Ramsay, knowing there's obviously someone at Wintertown trying to save Sansa, will probably go and set up a trap. He'll light a candle in the broken tower and wait for whoever was planning to come rescue her. That being said, the real question is this: do Brienne and Pod know that the "candle plot" is foiled? Because if they did, then they'd obviously probably give up their mission for the time being and retreat farther away from Winterfell. If they think the plan is still in effect however, then this could be very bad for them. They'd go into Winterfell hoping to grab Sansa and get out quickly, but would unfortunately get trapped by Ramsay and (probably) Roose.

Michael McElhatton (Roose) said in an interview that this season, the Bolton's do "some horrible things to some lovely people", so that could very well mean Brienne and Podrik. I hope to god I'm wrong, but logically, it makes sense.

Perhaps word of the flaying of the old woman will make it out of the castle. ince Brienne learns her messenger has been killed, she might want to take more direct action. I am betting either she or Podrick, or both, will try to sneak in to Winterfell and find Sansa.

Well, I'm guessing Brienne was forwarded the message of waiting for the candle by the old man who ran the inn or the old servant woman. Once she was to see that lighted candle in the broken tower, that was her cue to go in and rescue Sansa. The problem is, is that now Ramsay KNOWS about the whole "candle plot" because Theon told him about it.

So, either 2 things are going to happen (both happening are actually possible). One, the Bolton's are going to ramp up and secure areas with guards and their men. They will probably have a couple spies watching in on Sansa/Theon too. The thing is, Sansa is really their only good hold on the North,so they're going to do everything in their power to keep her there at WF. So, bottom line is, is that they're not just going to be stupid and just forget about the whole thing with the candles.

The second idea I have is (and this is the one I'm really trying to get at) that Ramsay, knowing there's obviously someone at Wintertown trying to save Sansa, will probably go and set up a trap. He'll light a candle in the broken tower and wait for whoever was planning to come rescue her. That being said, the real question is this: do Brienne and Pod know that the "candle plot" is foiled? Because if they did, then they'd obviously probably give up their mission for the time being and retreat farther away from Winterfell. If they think the plan is still in effect however, then this could be very bad for them. They'd go into Winterfell hoping to grab Sansa and get out quickly, but would unfortunately get trapped by Ramsay and (probably) Roose.

Michael McElhatton (Roose) said in an interview that this season, the Bolton's do "some horrible things to some lovely people", so that could very well mean Brienne and Podrik. I hope to god I'm wrong, but logically, it makes sense.

I am guessing they will lock Brienne in a cage (like they do to Mance) and make her wear Pod's skin to stay warm.

I wouldn't be too worried. After what happened to Sansa and now the messenger, I think they have already filled their quota. Not saying you are wrong, but I don't think we need to wait for the Bolton's to do more damage.

I'm torn because I think Ramsey lighting the candle to see who shows up is likely, but at the same time he seems like he's about to take a trip outside WF to fight Stannis so is there time?

I have a feeling they're going to go the route of the books in having Brienne/Pod stand in for the washerwomen and spirit Sansa and Theon outside of the castle, and I think they'll head north with those two, toward the Wall. On the way they run into Stannis, and Theon gets captured. Brienne/Pod and Sansa head for where they think Jon is.

Though with some of the great theories I've seen around lately, I kind of hope it doesn't play out like that.

I'm torn because I think Ramsey lighting the candle to see who shows up is likely, but at the same time he seems like he's about to take a trip outside WF to fight Stannis so is there time?

I have a feeling they're going to go the route of the books in having Brienne/Pod stand in for the washerwomen and spirit Sansa and Theon outside of the castle, and I think they'll head north with those two, toward the Wall. On the way they run into Stannis, and Theon gets captured. Brienne/Pod and Sansa head for where they think Jon is.

Though with some of the great theories I've seen around lately, I kind of hope it doesn't play out like that.

Maybe when ramsay leaves that is when they/she will make a run for it.

Oh I believe Ramsey will burn the candle.

Well, I heard next season there will be Septon Maribald, I still think she will head to the Riverlands (and I really liked it, I don't think it was dull).

I am quite annoyed to what they are doing to Brienne, all she does is appear a bit watching Winterfell, that's what dull is.

I don't get why she doesn't just go in and save her instead of waiting for a signal? Shouldn't it be obvious that she's in danger? Couldn't someone have told her by now about what's happening to Sansa?

maybe she has someone that can help get her in?

I don't get why she doesn't just go in and save her instead of waiting for a signal? Shouldn't it be obvious that she's in danger? Couldn't someone have told her by now about what's happening to Sansa?

Because WF is now filled with a lot of Bolton men and it would be hard enough, just for her to get in the main gate. It would be even harder for her, to get in to the residency part of WF unseen.

I don't really know how she believes she can get Sansa out. She clearly cannot just walk in. It may end up, that her and Pod just wait for Sansa and Theon to jump wall.

Archived