So Brienne's plan...

Mordos_Kull

Brienne's plan is to stay close to the only Stark child remaining and help her if she can. Obviously, she can't come into the castle and kill all the Bolton army by herself, but she can wait and if Sansa ever escapes (which is easier than enter in the castle), she could help her.

Brienne has been in the village for weeks now, she's probably heard about the Bolton fraying people and how the northern people hate them...

Because WF is now filled with a lot of Bolton men and it would be hard enough, just for her to get in the main gate. It would be even harder for her, to get in to the residency part of WF unseen.

I don't really know how she believes she can get Sansa out. She clearly cannot just walk in. It may end up, that her and Pod just wait for Sansa and Theon to jump wall.

Of course it would be hard for her to enter WF and rescue Sansa, but then how does she plan on rescuing her when she sees the candle? If she already has a plan and is only waiting for the signal, why not just do it now?

Of course it would be hard for her to enter WF and rescue Sansa, but then how does she plan on rescuing her when she sees the candle? If she already has a plan and is only waiting for the signal, why not just do it now?

And how do you enter a castle full of soldiers? You simply knock at the door?

The old lady could have helped Sansa escape, and Brienne would have joined her once outside...

I wouldn't be too worried. After what happened to Sansa and now the messenger, I think they have already filled their quota. Not saying you are wrong, but I don't think we need to wait for the Bolton's to do more damage.

I don't know, I don't think a simple sight of a flayed woman is anything too dramatic. That's what they normally do. I think Michael was referring to Brienne and Pod. I mean, Brienne hasn't really had a time when she was really in distress (aside from the bear incident). She's kind of on a high after last season, especially after "winning" the fight with the Hound. We all know what happens to characters who have had a lot of things going for them; the show will eventually knock them down.

Maybe she could've send Podrick to infiltrate Winterfell. Roose doesn't know him, after all, so he could be just one more soldier in the Bolton garrison. I don't think Roose would've turned him down, especially because they needed men with Stannis approaching.

But she was given a hint. I read in an article Gwendoline Christie said "In the script, Sansa gave her a "look" that said "get the f*** out of here.""

Which means, Brienne knows Sansa is in danger.

I really hope Ramsay does set a trap. The Boltons are cunning, Brienne is stupid.

For me, Sansa/Theon or Brienne killing Roose or Ramsay would be anti-climatic.

I don't want Brienne to end up trapped, but it seems like the most likely thing that's going to happen. Her and Pod being captured goes along with Michael's comments. That being said, I agree with you about Sansa/Theon or Brienne killing Ramsay and it being anti-climatic. It would also be super predictable, which makes me think it won't happen. The majority of people are like "I want Ramsay to die asap!". Which, don't get me wrong, he's a horrible character and I despise him, but I don't want him to just be simply killed off. I think he deserves a downfall before actually dying. It would be so amusing to watch him come undone before meeting his ultimate demise.

Well, I heard next season there will be Septon Maribald, I still think she will head to the Riverlands (and I really liked it, I don't think it was dull).

There's no reason for Brienne to go to the Riverlands. She was doing that to search for Sansa; in the show, she has found Sansa.

They also said in an interview that she would fight the Mountain.

Interviews are just words. They say stuff so people switch to HBO and see what happens. Their way of advertisement.

Interviews are just words. They say stuff so people switch to HBO and see what happens. Their way of advertisement.

Agreed. We spend a lot of time (myself for sure included!) dissecting their words in interviews. But these aren't like interviews with GRRM. What they say isn't canon at all. Sophie in particular says all kinds of crazy stuff.

Not that I will stop poring over every word myself mind you... Just that I have remind myself that they don't say as much as we think they do. He'll look at how twice now we book readers have been punked!

The hound last season?

The plan duck and cover, quick catch the Stark as they fall

Brienne was looking somewhere else this time than from her tavern window, she was looking closer, she is edging nearer towards the castle.

Archived