The Stormcrows marched off in the Night

cgf

Anyone else having a hard time not wondering what the hell the significance here is going to be? They don't just name the company but mention their specific man power to? Is this just an easter egg for book readers while working stannis into that underdog position he's in at the start of the battle of ice? Or is there something more to it and the role they'll serve?

With how shifty show!Daaario is it's hard for me not to imagine the stormcrows also having some sneaky role to play, even if they are not his company in the show.

they where always going to make the march to WF be difficult for Stannis, and the storm make the Boltons have the advantage, so we will probably next time we see Stannis will be more men have died and so forth making him have much less men than the Boltons while men are starving etc. They will make the Battle of Ice "pre-battle" as close as they can to the books, who knows how they will do the actual battle this season

In regards to the Stormcrows, I think it they just a needed a name for one of the sellsword companies that have joined Stannis,so they decided the Stormcrows, as to whether the Stormcrows ever join Stannis and dont think so.

Anyone else having a hard time not wondering what the hell the significance here is going to be? They don't just name the company but mention their specific man power to? Is this just an easter egg for book readers while working stannis into that underdog position he's in at the start of the battle of ice? Or is there something more to it and the role they'll serve?

With how shifty show!Daaario is it's hard for me not to imagine the stormcrows also having some sneaky role to play, even if they are not his company in the show.

It's a very important reference because 500 men leaving in the night plus 40 horses dying overnight is a major blow to Stannis's position and the morale of the men. Plus the reason why Davos was reluctant to mention in the first place is because the two had argued a few times last season. Stannis was always strictly against sellswords because they can't be counted on, and Davos insisted because the Iron Bank would give them gold for men and ships.

It was really a "I told you so" type of moment.

Archived