My theory of everything (well Jon and Bran)

I have been working on this theory that is based not only on what we have read in the books, but what we have also read in the WoW chapters George has released, what we have seen on the tv show, the casting notice for season 6 that was leaked today, and most importantly the leaked outline that George had sent to his publisher before he wrote the books.

If you haven't read any WoW chapters, please don't read any further.

I should mention that watching this week's episode I became really concerned about Shireen. Reading the Theon chapter from TWoW, where Stannis tells Justin Massey to keep fighting even if dies so that Shireen can sit on the throne, I was convinced that Shireen will one day rule Westeros, even if Ramsay is telling the truth about killing Stannis.

Now however I am not sure, as it seems really obvious that Shireen will be sacrificed by Melisandre, not of course so that Stannis can win the war (like she tells him on the show) but to resurrect Jon.

All I see is Snow.

We know that Melisandre's only interest is winning the battle between good and evil and we know that she has seen Bran in her visions as an instrument of evil. She wants Jon to become Azor Ahai and defeat Bran and everything he represents.

Now of course Bran is a sweet kid. But we don't really know the motives of Bloodraven or the children of the Forest. We know that he has committed one of the biggest sins a skinchanger could ever commit: warging another human. We also know that he spends too much time inside his wolf. The Jojenpaste theory also seems to be true.

In the outline George had written before he wrote the books, Bran delves into magic and we know that magic is dangerous and never leads to something good. Catelyn, Bran and Arya go to Castle Black but the Night's Watch doesn't give them shelter, which is something Bran will never forgive Jon for. While this never happened in the actual books, it could give us an idea of where we're headed.

On one hand Bran as Bloodraven's puppet fighting for Darkness, on the other hand Jon as Melisandre's puppet fighting for Light. This might also support the theory that Melisandre is Shiera Seastar but I'm not sure if that is possible given the information we have.

Dos this make any sense?

Yes it does. But I wouldn't take Mel's word that quickly, I don't actually think Bloodraven is championing the darkness but more likely he's just trying to prepare bran for the long night, cause from old nan's tales the LN sounds absolutely terrifying.

I like the idea of shireen being sacrificed to save Jon, never heard that before.

It does match up with something I've heard. That Jon in his coma state will finish the dream he hasn't finished. Some dream where he's down in the winterfell crypts and is screaming that he doesn't belong there but knows he has to go down and look. It's been speculated that once he finishes this dream he'll discover his parentage.

The shireen sacrifice matches up because one of the check boxes for AA is "waking a Dragon from stone". This requires kings blood, and if this happens they will literally wake a dragon (wake jon up from his sleep and when he does he'll know he's a targ) from stone (the crypts).

I think Bloodraven is up to no good, and Bran will be the one to oust him. bran has always wanted to be a famous knight or a hero, and he may even live up to his namesake (enter any Brandon Stark here). Shireen being the element of Jon's resurrection is not clearly implied, but her being alone with her bat shit crazy mom at the wall seems legit. I would venture to say the crypt dream will be finished as was mentioned above, and we will finally see what is in the lower levels of the crypts.

I have been working on this theory that is based not only on what we have read in the books, but what we have also read in the WoW chapters George has released, what we have seen on the tv show, the casting notice for season 6 that was leaked today, and most importantly the leaked outline that George had sent to his publisher before he wrote the books.

I an interested in a link about the leak.

Don't really know if the website is reliable or not but that sounds like someone has gave descriptions of characters from books and said it's the casting list.

If they couldn't find space for arianne, Quentyn or Aegon I doubt they'll have space for septon meribald, randyll tarly, Dickon tarly, Sam's mum, Sam's sister and euron. If they were going to include euron then it would have been in season 4 when they had time to do such, now their under a strict schedule and can't add in new stories and plots.

Shrine being sacrificed to resurrect Jon is a tragic but provocative idea.

Bran and Blood Raven fighting on the side of the Others seems unlikely a) Why would Cold Hands be banned from entering the underground cave? and b) just because Mel thinks the Old Religion is evil doesn't make it so. Remember there are no omniscient characters in this series, which is one of the reasons it is so compelling, no one ever has the complete picture. Also though fighting for the Light, Mel is also as much a religious fanatic as the High Sparrow and views any religion not her own as evil.

Shrine being sacrificed to resurrect Jon is a tragic but provocative idea.

Bran and Blood Raven fighting on the side of the Others seems unlikely a) Why would Cold Hands be banned from entering the underground cave? and B) just because Mel thinks the Old Religion is evil doesn't make it so. Remember there are no omniscient characters in this series, which is one of the reasons it is so compelling, no one ever has the complete picture. Also though fighting for the Light, Mel is also as much a religious fanatic as the High Sparrow and views any religion not her own as evil.

Well I don't think that Light is necessary the good side and Darkness is evil. I guess my main point is that Bran and Jon will be fighting on opposite sides.

Archived