My theory of everything (well Jon and Bran)

Interesting. What does the casting notice released today have to do with this? There hasn't been anything to suggest Shireen's actress is not going to be cast has there?

Yeah, I'm confused about this, too. Jon and Bran could end up on opposing sides, but how does the cast notice tie into this?

I hope that however Jon is resurrected or healed, it tells us a bit more about the Others and ice. Martin has been teasing them for a long time, through legends, burned books, mysterious buried caches, etc., and some pay off would be great. Not a lot, as knowing too much would take away the mystery, but just a little bit.

I have been working on this theory that is based not only on what we have read in the books, but what we have also read in the WoW chapters George has released, what we have seen on the tv show, the casting notice for season 6 that was leaked today, and most importantly the leaked outline that George had sent to his publisher before he wrote the books.

If you haven't read any WoW chapters, please don't read any further.

I should mention that watching this week's episode I became really concerned about Shireen. Reading the Theon chapter from TWoW, where Stannis tells Justin Massey to keep fighting even if dies so that Shireen can sit on the throne, I was convinced that Shireen will one day rule Westeros, even if Ramsay is telling the truth about killing Stannis.

Now however I am not sure, as it seems really obvious that Shireen will be sacrificed by Melisandre, not of course so that Stannis can win the war (like she tells him on the show) but to resurrect Jon.

All I see is Snow.

We know that Melisandre's only interest is winning the battle between good and evil and we know that she has seen Bran in her visions as an instrument of evil. She wants Jon to become Azor Ahai and defeat Bran and everything he represents.

Now of course Bran is a sweet kid. But we don't really know the motives of Bloodraven or the children of the Forest. We know that he has committed one of the biggest sins a skinchanger could ever commit: warging another human. We also know that he spends too much time inside his wolf. The Jojenpaste theory also seems to be true.

In the outline George had written before he wrote the books, Bran delves into magic and we know that magic is dangerous and never leads to something good. Catelyn, Bran and Arya go to Castle Black but the Night's Watch doesn't give them shelter, which is something Bran will never forgive Jon for. While this never happened in the actual books, it could give us an idea of where we're headed.

On one hand Bran as Bloodraven's puppet fighting for Darkness, on the other hand Jon as Melisandre's puppet fighting for Light. This might also support the theory that Melisandre is Shiera Seastar but I'm not sure if that is possible given the information we have.

Dos this make any sense?

I don't think At this point she wants Jon to be Azor Ahai, she is entrenched in her idea that it Stannis. There are however some foreshadowing, like the one you mentioned, that he both is and is not AAR.

I think the part of the AAR prophecy that says "to wake dragons from stone" is Referring to Jon, whether it is him getting the kiss of life, or just bringing to light his "Targ" ancestory, etc. That leads me to believe that Jon is NOT AAR though, IMO.

The prophecy reads that AA will be born again amidst salt and smoke, etc, etc, and wake dragons from stone. If Jon is the "dragon waking from stone" then he wouldn't be AAR, the one doing the waking.

I could see Bran turning into more of an antagonist, but I don't think BR is working towards bring back the LN or working with the WW. When he had Coldhands and was using him to bring Bran to the cave the WW attacked right when he was about to get there. If they we're working in concert I don't see why they would've attacked, in less it was going to serve some purpose for BR. But what purpose did it serve, no one died, no one was injured, so I'm not sure.

Archived