Jon & Sams hug

Swordofthemornin

i thought the exact same thing. The hug was very, very similar. In the book, Robb's scene mentioned the snowflakes in his hair, and I THINK they mentioned then again when Sam and Jon part, but I'm not sure. I don't know if they'll ever see each other again. Considering where their paths are supposed to take them.

I didn't like it. It's understandable why they did it, but it's another change from the books in terms of characterization. It shows that Jon has not really "killed the boy." As LC, Jon should distance himself from his friends, he can't have favorites.

Yep, that was a heart tugging moment. It does seem that this is a goodbye-for-good kind of hug. Sam being in a desperate situation at the Wall makes his departure inevitable. But will he wait for the return of Jon et al? I guess it depends on Alliser role in the matter.

I didn't like it. It's understandable why they did it, but it's another change from the books in terms of characterization. It shows that Jon has not really "killed the boy." As LC, Jon should distance himself from his friends, he can't have favorites.

Except show Davos told Jon this advise was bullshit, so I don't believe show Jon is going that route.

And look where that got him in the books. I don't think Aemon meant, "Send all your friends away and surround yourself with men of uncertain loyalties"

The hug was fine and a good callback to Jon-Robb, though I kept expecting Thorne to shout, "Ha, gaaaay!"

It would be sad if that was their last interaction, but yeah, it kinda feels that way.

The hug was fine and a good callback to Jon-Robb, though I kept expecting Thorne to shout, "Ha, gaaaay!"

:lol:

And look where that got him in the books. I don't think Aemon meant, "Send all your friends away and surround yourself with men of uncertain loyalties"

I am pretty sure that as First Ranger he was pretty mad that he did not get a hug.

Archived