Jorah Mormont in the pit.

Rickbarry

Jorah doesn't serve a lot of purpose to anyone from this moment forward, but he is the classic gladiator champion archetype of a man with nothing to lose. Tyrion may persuade Danaerys to keep him around as he's loyal and compassionate to "broken things" - Jorah certainly fits that bill.

Lest we forget that Jorah also has early stage greyscale, which means he is already a dead man walking, so he REALLY has nothing to lose.

Lest we forget that Jorah also has early stage greyscale, which means he is already a dead man walking, so he REALLY has nothing to lose.

now that i think about it what was the reason in them deciding to give jorah greyscale anyways? Maybe because they like that part in the books but didn't want to include young griff??? Well I guess we will find out how that plays out I guess.

now that i think about it what was the reason in them deciding to give jorah greyscale anyways? Maybe because they like that part in the books but didn't want to include young griff??? Well I guess we will find out how that plays out I guess.

Maybe he infects Dany with greyscale, and instead of turning into a stone (wo)man, she turns into a stone dragon egg. Tyrion then builds a massive pyre, with the Dany-egg on top, ties Daario to it, and sets it on fire, after which he walks into it himself. When the fire is over, Tyrion emerges without a hint of burning, with a winged, fire-breathing Dany on his shoulder.

Wait...I got it! Drogon will land in daznaks pit during jorahs battle and commence with the burning of people;panic ensues... dany will jump into the pit making her way over to drogon and try to tame him. Amongst all the madness and caught in the moment drogon breathes fire at dany. Jorah runs over yelling "try me! Try me!" and ends up sacrificing himself to the flame and stops dany from being burnt. This giving dany just enough time to maybe calm him and mount drogon.

I can see D+D giving Barys part to jorah because they figure the scene will mean much more coming from the guy who's been in love with dany for the longest.

Of course just speculation.

Actually, I think it would work better. Barristan's "try me" is more about himself - his duty, his honour, his guilt. While Jorah is in love with Dany. A "Try me" is about Jorah protecting Dany for Dany's sake, not his.

Fair play to you. IMHO, it would just be more badass if it was Barry. When I read it, it seemed like Barry actually wanted to fight Drogon, like he was SO bold he wanted to fight a dragon, and probably thought he could win. Coming from Jorah it would seem kind of soft.

Fair play to you. IMHO, it would just be more badass if it was Barry. When I read it, it seemed like Barry actually wanted to fight Drogon, like he was SO bold he wanted to fight a dragon, and probably thought he could win. Coming from Jorah it would seem kind of soft.

Book selmy is operating on a whole different level of badassery, show selmy doesnt come close

I agree it was a great moment for book selmy but I think D&D know that they have underused selmy in the show and not many unsullied are that invested into his character as they are in jorah and his khaleesi.

people are talking about barristan line as great moment while i am afraid whether they will show dany standing up to drogon and taming him and saving him and the people in the pits ..

Barristan only shouted dany did that ...i am afraid the show will have this moment has drogon coming and sweeping dany from pits

and the line said by Jorah will have more weight since he has known him from the time he was born with drogon

I've seen filming photos of Jorah in the pits with Dany, Darrio, tyrion. Iain himself has also hinted that the greyscale story doesn't necessarily mean automatic death. I think he will be cured and end up back at Dany's side at some point.

Yes he spied on her at the beginning but that was before he got to know her and believe in what she could achieve and of course fall for her but i think it's alot of more than love and lust. She seems to have forgotten he also saved her life from being poisioned and his advice had led her to the great position she was in. He has made more than made up for it in my eyes.

She needs him and I will continue to have faith in him.

I've seen filming photos of Jorah in the pits with Dany, Darrio, tyrion. Iain himself has also hinted that the greyscale story doesn't necessarily mean automatic death. I think he will be cured and end up back at Dany's side at some point.

Yes he spied on her at the beginning but that was before he got to know her and believe in what she could achieve and of course fall for her but i think it's alot of more than love and lust. She seems to have forgotten he also saved her life from being poisioned and his advice had led her to the great position she was in. He has made more than made up for it in my eyes.

She needs him and I will continue to have faith in him.

its more than just he spied for her

he is the only person she has ever trusted

in the books he kept sending information even when they are at quarth after the birth of dragons ..

if only he had admitted of his crimes instead of acting like a jerk ..he would have been pardoned

and she constantly thinks about him in the books even after she exiled ...so this shows how much she cared for him how much he means for her

I hate Jorahs fight scenes.

He always stretches out his arm and holds it stiff. Then he swings the stiff arm and people fall down.

So stupid. So unrealistic

1.Punching the fisherman

2.Punching Tyrion

3.Punching in the pit

4.Using the helmet in the pit

So I expect him to be doing a lot more of "straight arm punching"

Anyone struck by his fist never rises. He's got a one hitter quitter.

As for his sword play? I actually thought he was one of the better people on the show and I don't really recall him looking too stiff. I guess I could be wrong or not remember correctly, but I never got a Mountain or Hound vibe from him with their rigid swinging.

I see a few folks are saying he's out of the pits. We know he ends up there from this clip in a trailer. http://winteriscoming.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Season-5-Trailer-Ser-Jorah.gif

It's probably a safe bet Dany is like..."Thanks for the gift, Ser Friendstoned. Now go back to your pit."

its more than just he spied for her

he is the only person she has ever trusted

in the books he kept sending information even when they are at quarth after the birth of dragons ..

if only he had admitted of his crimes instead of acting like a jerk ..he would have been pardoned

and she constantly thinks about him in the books even after she exiled ...so this shows how much she cared for him how much he means for her

I’m very protective of Jorah as he’s my guy and i think he was probably scared of loosing her if he confessed. Although it was a betrayal I still feel he has more than made up for it since and she hasn’t been doing so well without him. She needs him.

I hope they kill him off in the pit, saving Dany and she forgives him and when she comforts him before she flies away, she awkwardly touches his arm near the greyscale but does not notice, this before her great escape. Leaving us wondering.

It doesn't make sense to do that. Why give Jorah greyscale if he's only going to die in the pit 2 episodes later. Unless he passes it onto others.

Because he may pass it on in the episodes in between. Also he redeems his character and is forgiven by Dany. They have only two seasons left. Time to start killing off people.

Is 7 seasons set in stone, or could they still get the 10 they wanted?

Hbo doesn't usually stretch things out. 'Course they haven't had anything as popular as this show so I guess they could attempt to stretch it a tad.

Either way, I don't think Jorah dies this season. He'll make it to westeros before he bites it.

Posted this in another thread but hope it makes some sense.

"I just honestly think jorah is going to sacrifice himself in the pit to save dany from getting burned by drogon. I mean unless he is going to get cured in some kind of way down the line(which in my opinion will seem pointless unless he is taking the place of the flux but there's not that may episodes or seasons left) I just don't see a positive outcome for him in the show.He either spreads the greyscale around mereen while the disease spreads to more parts of his body or he goes out in a blaze of glory. So will he die slow or quickly saving the woman he loves.

I honestly wished they wouldn't have gave him the part of catching greyscale ...we still have the books at least...unless...

Posted this in another thread but hope it makes some sense.

"I just honestly think jorah is going to sacrifice himself in the pit to save dany from getting burned by drogon. I mean unless he is going to get cured in some kind of way down the line(which in my opinion will seem pointless unless he is taking the place of the flux but there's not that may episodes or seasons left) I just don't see a positive outcome for him in the show.He either spreads the greyscale around mereen while the disease spreads to more parts of his body or he goes out in a blaze of glory. So will he die slow or quickly saving the woman he loves.

I honestly wished they wouldn't have gave him the part of catching greyscale ...we still have the books at least...unless...

He truly loves Dany and wants to help her, I think he will get his redemption and she will forgive him.

Archived