Is Bronn going to replace Darkstar?

Jayc

I think Bronn is going to replace that Kingsguard that was banging the princess and get his head chopped by Areo Speedwagon. It really sucks because in a real fight Bronn would demolish Areo for a simple reason of combat experience. Bronn has been in non stop combat for the entire series while Areo has stood behind a crippled guys chair and done nothing. No amount of training or practice will make up for a lack of true combat experience, only plot armor can overcome such obstacles and I have a feeling Areo is wearing a full suit of it.

I think Bronn is going to replace that Kingsguard that was banging the princess and get his head chopped by Areo Speedwagon. It really sucks because in a real fight Bronn would demolish Areo for a simple reason of combat experience. Bronn has been in non stop combat for the entire series while Areo has stood behind a crippled guys chair and done nothing. No amount of training or practice will make up for a lack of true combat experience, only plot armor can overcome such obstacles and I have a feeling Areo is wearing a full suit of it.

Isn't Areo supposed to be one of the best warriors of Dorne?

Didn't he say it was against his code to hurt women? I mean, he could've been lying, of course, but considering how inconsistent the characterization has been on the show it wouldn't surprise me

Didn't he say it was against his code to hurt women? I mean, he could've been lying, of course, but considering how inconsistent the characterization has been on the show it wouldn't surprise me

I remember back in season 1 while Tyrion, Bronn and Shae are playing that drinking game in Tyrion's tent, Bronn tells us that the first person he ever killed was a woman. It's entirely possible that his new code took effect once he became a knight, but it seems more likely that this is just an issue of continuity as you've said.

With that said, I think Bronn is going the Oakheart route rather than Darkstar.

Neither oakheart or darkstar. They had their chance to kill off Bronn already and they didn't do it. His near brush with death will make him see things differently and he decides to stay behind in Dorne to spend the rest of his days in peace and die an old man "going out in a boring way" just like he said, effectively fading away from the story just like his book counterpart.

Archived