Speculation regarding Stannis (book spoilers)

kat3281

I think Stannis and Jon Snow are both going to die. Mel is going to burn Shireen to bring back Azor Ahi. Jon Wakes up

Nice one, I never thought of this.

So Stannis and Jon get killed (in their separate locations).

Mel sacrifices Shireen.

No reaction from Stannis's body...

Jon's eyes open!

It will parallel Bran's 'awakening' when Lady (Direwolf) was 'sacrificed' by Ned? Only Death can pay for Life

I just posted this on another thread. Maybe Shireen IS the stone dragon? Maybe she won't burn! (Shocker). She will be reborn in smoke, salt & blood....

well there is something in this. she is both stone from the greyscale and dragon as the baratheons do have targaryan blood as well

well there is something in this. she is both stone from the greyscale and dragon as the baratheons do have targaryan blood as well

Maybe there could be something to it. Plus, with the amount of times greyscale has been discussed and whatnot this season, maybe it's for something that happens with Shireen when Mel tries to burn her. I won't get my hopes up but you never know.

I don't know but I'm thinking the Stannis situation will carryover to next season but there will be a fight with Ramsay (Not Roose and the full Bolton forces quite yet).

My personal idea is that his wife could simply be on the ground crying/begging to Stannis as he decides to send her and Mel to the Wall. I just can't see Shireen being burnt..or it at least happening without Davos making a huge deal about it. The show has spent time developing their relationship.

"If a man knows what he is... he must fulfill his destiny." I think that'll be Stannis' justification for burning Shireen now. Maybe he'll be arguing it with Davos or something, but I'm starting to think Stannis will go through with killing her now. So sad, and it'll definitely destroy and likability he was starting to get this season and any of it before this one.

"If a man knows what he is... he must fulfill his destiny." I think that'll be Stannis' justification for burning Shireen now. Maybe he'll be arguing it with Davos or something, but I'm starting to think Stannis will go through with killing her now. So sad, and it'll definitely destroy and likability he was starting to get this season and any of it before this one.

I just watched the preview and thought the same thing right way. Dammit Stannis don't do this.

That line is very intriguing but I still can't 100% see Shireen burning when considering everything else we know (Selyse on the ground shot, Mel supposedly heading to the Wall before the end of the season etc).

That's true. Mel's supposed to see Jon again before the season ends, and I can't see the camp being attacked, Stannis and Davos debating killing Shireen, and have her actually get burned in that episode. Hopefully it doesn't happen.

I just watched the preview and thought the same thing right way. Dammit Stannis don't do this.

I'm holding out for the hope that Davos talks him out of it, or that it never even crosses Stannis' mind. Please! Don't ruin Stannis for us D&D!

That's true. Mel's supposed to see Jon again before the season ends, and I can't see the camp being attacked, Stannis and Davos debating killing Shireen, and have her actually get burned in that episode. Hopefully it doesn't happen.

I'm holding out for the hope that Davos talks him out of it, or that it never even crosses Stannis' mind. Please! Don't ruin Stannis for us D&D!

I would be livid. One of my favorite characters.... :bang:

Well one thing's for sure though. If that goes down, Davos is either dying in the attempt to put a stop to it, or he's outta Camp Stannis in about half a second afterwards. Which would be tragic in its own way considering how supportive/loyal he had been up until then, only for Stannis to go down the wrong path...

Plus the Brienne actress said they've done something this season where you think 'oh my God, they actually went there..' Or something like that. The only thing I can see that bad is Shireen being sacrificed. I just really hope Stan the Man doesn't have anything to do with it.

Maybe Davos convinces Stannis that Mel's magic doesn't always work. Ramsay's actions and Mel not seeing it as the thing that finally convinces Stannis to send her away and not burn Shireen. Like Ramsay comes in at that exact moment and he uses it to cause chaos in the camps.

I would be livid. One of my favorite characters.... :bang:

Well one thing's for sure though. If that goes down, Davos is either dying in the attempt to put a stop to it, or he's outta Camp Stannis in about half a second afterwards. Which would be tragic in its own way considering how supportive/loyal he had been up until then, only for Stannis to go down the wrong path...

Davos survives this season as he is filming in Northern Ireland in July. He confirmed that in a recent interview.

Maybe Davos convinces Stannis that Mel's magic doesn't always work. Ramsay's actions and Mel not seeing it as the thing that finally convinces Stannis to send her away and not burn Shireen. Like Ramsay comes in at that exact moment and he uses it to cause chaos in the camps.

I REALLY hope this is the case....but naturally it doesn't destroy his character so D&D will go the other route.

Guys shireen will not be burned, this is just something the show is doing to add drama since the battle for winterfell probably isn't going to happen this season and they need something interesting happening in stannis' camp.

Stannis or Davos won't let it happen, I am willing to bet on this.

Ramsay managing to accomplish anything other than getting captured and burned will be lame as hell. These stupid commando missions the show keeps creating are ridiculous.

Was the spearwives/Mance rescue mission not a commando mission? Ramsay can use the same tactic. Night and snow. It's hardly impossible. Characters in the books have done almost the same thing with worst odds.

Archived