Finale Title, Details Released

Westeros

You just know, no matter what anyone says, that for a third year running, it'll run right down to the wire and the soundtrack cues n' titles game again .... :cool4:

Track #23 "Among the Stony Hearted" will tragically turn out NOT to be the score for a hooded crone prepping her hempen rope, but the haunting string accompaniment to Jorah's descent into full-on facial greyscale before returning to old Valyria to live out the remainder of his days among the stone folk.

The wailing and gnashing of teeth will be immense ....

If LS doesn't happen, or isn't strongly hinted this season, I'll give up. Tbh I had all but given up anyway until the E10 title was announced - now in the light of the GRRM interview, I'm once again resigned (but with a teeny bit of hope still).

'Mother's Mercy' is clearly going to be about Cersei, and possibly also Selyse, but I still think the choice of title counts as trolling. There's no way they didn't spot the link and pick the title without knowing it was going to stoke the Stoneheart flames.

If LS doesn't happen, or isn't strongly hinted this season, I'll give up.

After 'Mhysa' = Mother, Lena's "My Stone Heart" of rocks on Instagram, "The Children", the creepy Oathkeeper cues in the S4 OST that turned out to be from Brienne's smackdown with with Hound .. after the Black Walder actor fake tweet and the multiple imdb hoaxes ... and after 'Mother('s) Mercy' ... gotta say, I hear you bro.

Sick n' tired of disappointment on this score & after George's comments, can in no way summon the dogged will to let myself believe she'll somehow still materialise in S6, or the Septon Meribald casting means anything more than they wanna just bring back The Hound.

I look at the cornball mess of Dorne and scratch my head that this was the better use of screen time than some hardcore horror shit in the Riverlands, but f*ck it. :dunno: Their loss in now being stuck with a plot most people seem to agree is the weakest of the series when a lot of money was probably sunk into those Spain shoots. And them's the breaks, I guess.

And Hardhome was at least fantastic, so there's that ...

Also, if she [LSH] is not part of the show, why would they even bother to show the healing abilities of Dondarion? Why even show he can come back from the dead? Would have been just as good a fight with the Hound if he simply died since he has not been in the show since.

Well when did they know they wanted to cut LSH. Probably not at this point. Why did they mention the Rat King and guest right. At the moment the Brotherhood and Freys seem lost to the wind and forgotton

What changed this year is that they finalized the number of seasons to cover the end of the story and low and behold they were a book behind. That is why this year seems to be the worst thus far with the clip, clip clip. They are using this year to bridge themselves in haste to the last two books. Heck....I have been doing my re-read following the series and can't keep up.

I'm surprised that so many people still think that LSH will be revealed at the end of season 5... Don't you realize that it would be the worst timing?

Jon is stabbed to death, and the next scene would be "Oh, Catelyn is still alive..."?? That would make Jon's cliffhanger totally useless.

And some people want to add Stannis to the list of resurrections in the same episode? Since Gregor is also back in this episode, that would be 4 resurrections in the same episode. That would be just terrible. Jon's death has to be important and shocking, so let's not make death look like something ridiculous and so easily cheatable...

I'm surprised that so many people still think that LSH will be revealed at the end of season 5... Don't you realize that it would be the worst timing?

Jon is stabbed to death, and the next scene would be "Oh, Catelyn is still alive..."?? That would make Jon's cliffhanger totally useless.

And some people want to add Stannis to the list of resurrections in the same episode? Since Gregor is also back in this episode, that would be 4 resurrections in the same episode. That would be just terrible. Jon's death has to be important and shocking, so let's not make death look like something ridiculous and so easily cheatable...

That's like saying Jon's "death" in the books was poorly timed because the book ends with Dany and then Kevan's epilogue.

Would be a convincing argument if George himself hadn't just listed her among his five favourite characters that didn't make the show:

http://winteriscoming.net/2015/06/01/george-r-r-martins-five-favorite-missing-characters/

GRRM himself would therefore have to be part of this conspiracy in trolling his own readership. Which I very much doubt.

Off topic: Curiously enough GRRM didn't mention two biggest character: Aegon and Euron....Maybe they're not cut after all....or maybe neither is that important in the books and that i think is unlikely,

The article was published on 5/31. At that point she wasn't in the show, so GRRM wasn't lying. Why on earth would he give away such a bombshell 2 weeks before the finale? As for the character appearing out of nowhere, we get that a lot. Dontos, Hot Pie, Polliver, Lancel, Kevan, Myrcella. They disappear then pop back up when they're relevant. It wouldn't be that odd to revisit the BwB.

To the comments that there will be too many resurrections... that's fair. However, the unsullied only assume that the Hound is dead. No one ever saw him die. Jon isn't confirmed dead either. And let's not forget that the central conflict of the show is the rise of dead things.

Does this guarantee that LSH will appear? Of course not. MF may have just dropped by the set and decided to be an extra for fun.

Great tracks as usual! Ramin never fails to deliver.

"Mother's Mercy" has a part where it sounds like the "Rains of Castamere." Still I make no assumptions.

Ramin also trolled a bunch of LSH hopefuls with the first 20 secs of the "Children" track at the end of last season.

I see no track used for FTW. Maybe it will not happen this season.

Ah, the old trawling clues for LSH in soundtrack debate! My favourite game! :dunno:

How we loathes it, precious, but we keeps on crawling back .... :ack:

Alas, can't play it properly until the whole soundtrack is released but based on those clips, here we go ...... :bang: :cool4: :drool: :bawl:

All you can really say at this point is that if 'Throne For The Game' is the final track, it's incredibly downbeat, so while 'for the watch' is most likely .... there will be no upbeat moment/montage seeing things out this year.

Also 'Atonement' (containing Rains and obv. pertaining to Cersei's walk) and Mother's Mercy (also containing Rains) are separate tracks.

The latter sounds like a horror cue. (yaaay! :drool: ) But the two tracks listened to together sound like alternate versions of one another, so probably both relate to the penance walk (booo! :frown5: )

The soundtrack seems really underwhelming this season. 'High Sparrow' sounds so out of place in this show and 'Son of the Harpy' is about as orientalist as it gets.

'Blood of the Dragon' is good, but it's not up there with 'Finale', 'Mother of Dragons' or 'Mhysa'.

The article was published on 5/31. At that point she wasn't in the show, so GRRM wasn't lying. Why on earth would he give away such a bombshell 2 weeks before the finale? As for the character appearing out of nowhere, we get that a lot. Dontos, Hot Pie, Polliver, Lancel, Kevan, Myrcella. They disappear then pop back up when they're relevant. It wouldn't be that odd to revisit the BwB.

To the comments that there will be too many resurrections... that's fair. However, the unsullied only assume that the Hound is dead. No one ever saw him die. Jon isn't confirmed dead either. And let's not forget that the central conflict of the show is the rise of dead things.

Does this guarantee that LSH will appear? Of course not. MF may have just dropped by the set and decided to be an extra for fun.

Yeah . Hot Pie is due for major breakout. He is the pastry chef that was promised

I really really wanted LSH to make an appearance, I never gave up, and after the finale title was revealed, I thought it would be possible. Now, after that interview I think the chances are about 5x100

You know what would be a pretty amazing introduction for LSH? If Ramsey came staggering back into Winterfell in Episode 10, shaken, and said that before he even got to Stannis, his 20 man strike force was lost on the march; nothing seemed to be wrong, but every time they stopped for a rest, a few more men were missing. They were picked off in ones and twos, before Ramsey finally ran back to Winterfell. Cue a scene with a hanging tree, a quivering Bolton armsman with a noose around his neck, and a broken voice giving a lecture about justice. LSH walks into frame, flanked by BWB members. Edit to add: Heck, the pick offs could also happen on Ramsey's way back to Winterfell after fighting with Stannis.

I think there can still be a place for LSH if the writers want to make one. Per the casting sheets, next season appears to go back into books 4 and 5 to pick up the Greyjoy storyline, why not also pick up the Riverlands? Honestly, what is Jamie going to do next season, hang out in Dorne? I give him maybe three episodes next year, before Jamie is called back to Westeros for some reason. His uncle Keven's death, or Tommen's death (prophecy), or maybe even Myrcella will die (prophecy) , and Jamie has to bring her body home. And at that point, Jamie would be free to wander the Riverlands and bump into LSH.

My only concern with bringing LSH back in the finale is that if it happens in the same episode that Jon is apparently stabbed to death, then absolutely NO ONE will think he's really out of the story.

I like that idea. Ramsey and his 20 men head to sabotage Stannis but they are cut down by the BwB and LSH is their leader. :bowdown: :drool:

The track called "Mothers Mercy" is Lannister themed. I always assumed it was about Cersei and the penance has already been called just that.

People hoping for LSH are going to be disappointed. They're not having her reveal in the same episode Jon is stabbed ffs.

Archived