Finale Title, Details Released

Westeros

I seriously doubt LSH will show up. Only place for her to do so would be with Brienne and Pod, which would make sense but to me it is a long shot.

Final episode HAS to have: 1. Cersie's conclusion; 2. Margery's/Loras' conclusion; 3. Arya's conclusion; 4. Jon Snow's conclusion; 5. Sansa's conclusion; 6. Stannis' conclusion; 7. Mereen/Dany's conclusion; 8. Brienne's/Pod's conclusion; 9. Jaime/Bronn's conclusion; 10. Vary's conclusion (which will be the final scene) as it is in Book 5.

How the living hell are they fitting all of that into one 50-minute episode? I guess LSH would fit best into Brienne and Pod's conclusion. But each scene is going to have to be amazingly short and chopped to bits.

Well to be fair, the final episode doesn't have to have ANY conclusion....as the show is famous for somewhat leaving cliffhangers. I especially don't think we will be seeing Stannis' conclusion. And I don't think Jon's story arc is going to be the thing that book readers think it will be.

As for Cersei, Marge/Loras.....I think that we will see that they are going to trial, but that's it. We might even get a glimpse of a certain monster. But their trials or possible execution will not be shown this season.

The best way to bring back LSH (in my opinion) would be just to show her at the very end of the episode (as the finale music begins). No explanation...no dialog...nothing. Just a shot of her to let everyone know she is alive and back in the GOT. Leave the unsullied going "WTF" and speculating their faces blue between now and season 6

The best way to bring back LSH (in my opinion) would be just to show her at the very end of the episode (as the finale music begins). No explanation...no dialog...nothing. Just a shot of her to let everyone know she is alive and back in the GOT. Leave the unsullied going "WTF" and speculating their faces blue between now and season 6

That would be amazing!

so we will be waiting until the last minute.......

defintely the music probably playing when we that preview clip of stannis and his men drawing swords. The beginning is maybe him looking at winterfell

This, or it could possibly be for a Sansa scene. Maybe her walking out to the battlements and then beholding Stannis' host.

Well, after seeing the finale (finally) a couple hours ago, NOW we all know just how pointless all the LAdy Stoneheart speculation has been.......from the get go the HBO producers/writers have made it known that a LOT of what exists and happens in the books will NEVER ever make it onto the show because there is simply NO time to cover all that and still have a show that is manageable and watchable.....as it is right now, my biggest gripe with the show is they are too dilute, too spread out, too frenetic in the pace in the current manner in which the show is telling the story.....we are missing so much in an attempt to simply connect the dots. MAjor characters disappear for far too long (case in point, we never hear from Little finger again after episode 6!!!! Nada zilch.....likewise, VArys is just allowed to flutter away when tyrion is kidnapped and we NEVER see him again, and have no clue what he has been doing, until the very end of episode 10!)

They really should have found a way (i.e. the money or a Budget) to have the seasons be 12 episodes instead of this paltry 10 we have been stuck with......an extra 2 episodes would allow the show to breathe and still cover some important stuff that has been lost or glanced over. Just my opinion......we wind up waiting an interminable length of time, 9-10 months between seasons and then before you know it, all 10 episodes are done and we are back to waiting!

Tonight's season 5 finale totally put to rest the LAdy Stoneheart issue in my opinion......no way in heck can they bring her around and have it contribute anything meaningful to the show......we are far past the petty revenge of getting the perpetrators of the rted wedding, and instead we are now up against the REAL threat, the white walkers and the Dead coming for EVERYONE.....we see society falling apart, as both in Kings landing (especially) and in Mereen, the common people are shown to be almost as bad, cruel, unmerciful, vengeful, shortsighted and vile as the corrupt leaders and ruling class ..... the Sparrows and High Sparrow have NO clue about what is coming, their piety is not going to help when the army of the dead shows up, and likewise Cersei and Littlefinger with their intricate scheming and plots, and even people like that old bag Olena Tyrell and her corrupt grandkids, have no clue about what is coming (and it is a lot more than just "WINTER" that is coming!)

If you saw the finale, then you know the whole week long run-up to the show rumor fest about BENJEN STARK somehow returning and finally telling Jon Snow about his true heritage turned out to be a total waste.....perhaps next season, after Jon is resurrected by Melisandre, perhaps Benjen can tell a newly revived Jon all about his Ma and Pa......but I'll believe it when I see it....

The whole way the entire Stannis BAratheon story just crashes and burns in the SHOW is quite unnerving......you could see how the entire gig was falling apart even before they left Castle Black......but alas, Melisandre has been shown to be LESS than perfect (and a LOT less than she has been built up to be), and it was truly tragic when you saw the look on both her face and Stannis when he was informed that over HALF his army LEFT following the sacrifice of shireen and they took all the horses. Then his wife hangs herself....then Melisandre SPLITS and heads back to castle black. What a total waste!

I don't think either Stannis or Jon are dead, or should I say finished. Melisandre was shown going back to CB for a good reason. It certainly looks like LS is finished but it can't be totally ruled out yet. Having Jon being brought back to life is one thing but LS as well seems a bit too much. I expect Melisandre to take Jon away from the wall which will then fall to the WW.

They really should have found a way (i.e. the money or a Budget) to have the seasons be 12 episodes instead of this paltry 10 we have been stuck with......an extra 2 episodes would allow the show to breathe and still cover some important stuff that has been lost or glanced over.

It's really too bad that S5 (the first time two books were made into one season) couldn't have been 12 episodes...a lot of plot maneuvering felt extremely rushed and the teleportation problem was worse than ever. The rise of the sparrows felt particularly abrupt. I'm not sure whether Dorne was ever going to be good regardless of time allotted, though...

Archived