Finale Title, Details Released

Westeros

Great tracks as usual! Ramin never fails to deliver.

"Mother's Mercy" has a part where it sounds like the "Rains of Castamere." Still I make no assumptions.

Ramin also trolled a bunch of LSH hopefuls with the first 20 secs of the "Children" track at the end of last season.

I see no track used for FTW. Maybe it will not happen this season.

"Forgive me" sounds likely to be "For the Watch" especially, if they are going down the path of the books and having Bowen Marsh crying. Although, I think that role might be given to a conflicted Olly, who believes he has no choice but to betray the guy who he looked up to. Although, I can see it being used for a Stannis/ burning Shireen scene (still don't think that will happen) or Jorah sacrificing himself for Dany and finally being forgiven.

"Throne for a Game" sounds like the end credits for the finale. It is very remorseful and dark so I am betting Jon's cliffhanger will end the series. It has 'mourning Jon' written all over it.

"Forgive me" sounds likely to be "For the Watch" especially, if they are going down the path of the books and having Bowen Marsh crying. Although, I think that role might be given to a conflicted Olly, who believes he has no choice but to betray the guy who he looked up to. Although, I can see it being used for a Stannis/ burning Shireen scene (still don't think that will happen) or Jorah sacrificing himself for Dany and finally being forgiven.

"Throne for a Game" sounds like the end credits for the finale. It is very remorseful and dark so I am betting Jon's cliffhanger will end the series. It has 'mourning Jon' written all over it.

Yes, I also think so. And it is very different from last year's The Children......

My theory is that Ramsey will give the head of her mother to Sansa turning her into lady Stoneheart. By stoneheart I mean she will no longer be a fan of love and marriage, Makes me think that she will be the one in the end on the throne post apocoplyspe and be a Queen Elizabeth I type. Where she will never marry while on the throne only leading to another "game of thrones" after her death at old age. I know most of this wont ever be in the books but just a crackpot theory. And mothers mercy could also mean Arya kills Merryn Trant. But yes def on Cersi's walk of shame.

Bringing in Stoneheart now is pointless. It's 15 or more episodes too late. The whole 'Avenge the Starks, Kill the Freys' storyline is too late in the game, unless it's a nod to bookreaders....an appeasement of sorts. The only Frey we've had in the story since the Red Wedding has been Walda, and no-one wants her dead except Ramsay. It would have been a nice twist in season 4, but the chess pieces have been placed. Winter is almost here, the Walkers are out and about, the dragons are getting big enough to carry riders. Meereen and Winterfell battles may be pushed back 'til next season, leaving little time to explore the Riverlands. People have been complaining about the lack of pace and entertaining storylines this season...how exciting will it be to follow Meribald and Dog around next season?

Don't forget that D&D know - or at least have a good idea of what will be happening in the books going forward and we can only speculate. Perhaps after years or being apart and alone for so long, we see the Starks start to come back together, which would be a huge fist pump moment for most (if not all) readers and watchers. At the end of this season, Jon and Sansa will most probably know how physically close they are to one another, Theon just confirmed to Sansa that Bran and Rickon are out there and Arya still has her revenge list in play and Needle hidden, so she is not 100% committed to be "no one" even if she has not figured that out yet for herself. If that is the plan, for the Starks to rise from the ashes and kick some deserving ass, LSH would have not served much a purpose at the end of last season, but would be an amazing signal of what may be coming as the saga continues.

If you listen to and believe some theories about who the Night King and the Others really are, the Stark's troubles and the first signs of Winter coming starting around the same time may not have been a coincidence at all. "Winter is Coming" could take on a whole new meaning.

I look at the cornball mess of Dorne and scratch my head that this was the better use of screen time than some hardcore horror shit in the Riverlands, but f*ck it. :dunno: Their loss in now being stuck with a plot most people seem to agree is the weakest of the series when a lot of money was probably sunk into those Spain shoots. And them's the breaks, I guess.

This x 1,000,000

D&D logic: Who needs LSH and the BWB on a vicious killing rampage, while Nymeria and a huge pack of wolves tear people to shreds in the Riverlands, when we can have the Dorne disaster instead.

I'm somewhat open to the possibility that LSH could appear in 5x10, but not getting my hopes up (and have long ago concluded not to get my hopes up for the HBO adaptation, due to the bumbling and poor writing of D&D).

However, I could definitely see LSH and the BWB returning in Season 6, seeing as Walder Frey is apparently coming back next year.

My theory is that Ramsey will give the head of her mother to Sansa turning her into lady Stoneheart. By stoneheart I mean she will no longer be a fan of love and marriage, Makes me think that she will be the one in the end on the throne post apocoplyspe and be a Queen Elizabeth I type. Where she will never marry while on the throne only leading to another "game of thrones" after her death at old age. I know most of this wont ever be in the books but just a crackpot theory. And mothers mercy could also mean Arya kills Merryn Trant. But yes def on Cersi's walk of shame.

Tbh, this was always my own crackpot theory. I thought Sansa had Elizabeth written all over her. The show spoiled that for me by having her marry Ramsay - she can no longer be the legendary Virgin Queen (although I think we all know Elizabeth probably wasn't a virgin ;) )

In my opinion "Mother's Mercy" will be something like these:

-Dany either won't fly away with Drogon and she spares the Meereenese after they want to kill her and fail OR as in the books Dany meets the enemy khalasar and orders Drogon to not to kill them

-Mercy will be the alias of Arya in the next book, Mother's Mercy=Mother's ergo Cat's Arya. Both Rafford and Meryn Trant are on the death list of Arya, but Raff is not in the show. However Cersei sent Mace Tyrell and Meryn Trant to Braavos, so Arya will kill Meryn instead of Raff (like in the published Arya/Mercy TWOW chapter)

-Mother is one of the Seven Gods, so Cersei and/or Margaery will be able to go back to the Red Keep and maybe we see a trial for Margaery and thus know the Mother's Mercy ...or punishment

-the actress who played Catelyn Stark was mentioned on imbd that she will be in the last episode of season 5 and she will be the "hooded woman", so maybe Cat is not cut and will get the role of the "hooded man" of Winterfell?

I agree there should have been a bone thrown to the build up if they're going to introduce her. Pod & Brienne when they were still back in the Riverlands passing a Frey corpse dangling from a tree with salt stuffed in its mouth or some tavern local mentioning the Brotherhood having a female leader would have probably been enough.

But bear in mind, they changed the rules by going public with the Sansa/Ramsay marriage. Half of Westeros presumably now knows about that union, Brotherhood included, so why would they stay south and not beeline for Winterfell? Why would Stoneheart mess about with Frey minnows in the Riverlands and not now go directly home to save her girl from the sharks who massacred her & Robb?

Logic therefore dictates that if any (late in the day, admittedly) build up happens it will now happen in the north, and in the space of the next three episodes.There is time. Just. It's not beyond the realms of possibility (and especially in the light of the delayed Euron appearance) that in the long run, D&D wanted to surpise book readers with a character presumed cut, as much as non readers not anticipating her at all. Heavier foreshadowing earlier in the season removes that possibility.

There's also an outside chance, albeit it a slim one, that just as the show this year started with a flashback to set the stage for Cersei's downfall, it will end with one on Arya/Nymeria (via blind Arya in the HOB&W) setting the stage for Catelyn's rise.

Still a book scene, as Benioff said.

Accusations of Deus Ex Machina require that the laws of an established universe be broken, after all, and GOT: the show has already established Red God resurrection, under a certain set of circumstances, to be possible.

Failing that, then IF she shows up ~ "boo!" ~ final shot, schlock horror style, without that contextual info seguing in, you only really need Thoros stood beside her at this point, with or without dialogue, for the unsullied to do the math.

I don't think they would do that kind of foreshadowing at all,

Remember D & D also want to keep the book readers on their toes. So if there was ANY mention about Freys being hung, or talking about the BWB (not to mention a woman with them) the book people would IMMEDIATELY point to Stoneheart, and rightly so because she is the only one who fits that character.

Stoneheart is a very very unique niche in the story. With a low magic story, her very existence (resurrection) is magical. She only has one purpose which is revenge on thoe who hurt her family. And she enacts this revenge in a very particular fashion. So anyone who was hanged, or any talk about a "body in the river" or such would completely give SH away.

I do agree however, they if they are going to put LSH in, it would have to be now or never. They've been pretty adamant about not wanting more than 7-8 seasons, which means next season could be the second to last.

Also, if they put in SH now, we can also possibly make the inference that SH in the books is a huge part to wrapping up some of the end game in the realm.

In my opinion "Mother's Mercy" will be something like these:

-Dany either won't fly away with Drogon and she spares the Meereenese after they want to kill her and fail OR as in the books Dany meets the enemy khalasar and orders Drogon to not to kill them

-Mercy will be the alias of Arya in the next book, Mother's Mercy=Mother's ergo Cat's Arya. Both Rafford and Meryn Trant are on the death list of Arya, but Raff is not in the show. However Cersei sent Mace Tyrell and Meryn Trant to Braavos, so Arya will kill Meryn instead of Raff (like in the published Arya/Mercy TWOW chapter)

-Mother is one of the Seven Gods, so Cersei and/or Margaery will be able to go back to the Red Keep and maybe we see a trial for Margaery and thus know the Mother's Mercy ...or punishment

-the actress who played Catelyn Stark was mentioned on imbd that she will be in the last episode of season 5 and she will be the "hooded woman", so maybe Cat is not cut and will get the role of the "hooded man" of Winterfell?

honestly, how badass would it be if they converted the hooded man and Lady Stoneheart in the show?? Like Sansa/Theon is walking around, and suddenly they see a Hooded Woman....and boom turns around and it's Catelyn. OMG, chills haha

Don't forget that D&D know - or at least have a good idea of what will be happening in the books going forward and we can only speculate. Perhaps after years or being apart and alone for so long, we see the Starks start to come back together, which would be a huge fist pump moment for most (if not all) readers and watchers. At the end of this season, Jon and Sansa will most probably know how physically close they are to one another, Theon just confirmed to Sansa that Bran and Rickon are out there and Arya still has her revenge list in play and Needle hidden, so she is not 100% committed to be "no one" even if she has not figured that out yet for herself. If that is the plan, for the Starks to rise from the ashes and kick some deserving ass, LSH would have not served much a purpose at the end of last season, but would be an amazing signal of what may be coming as the saga continues.

If you listen to and believe some theories about who the Night King and the Others really are, the Stark's troubles and the first signs of Winter coming starting around the same time may not have been a coincidence at all. "Winter is Coming" could take on a whole new meaning.

I'm willing to concede that I could be wrong, and that it's not too late for Lady SH to show up, and I would like to finally see some form of vengeance directed towards the Freys. Let's hope they can pull it off without it being drowned out by all the other events. :D

As for the return of the WWs, I've always believed it started with the execution of Lord Rickard. He may have been the last Stark to know the secrets of Starks/Winterfell/The Wall, but in the end only the author knows, truly.

I also believe it's not too late for Mother Merciless but I'm not going to let myself get caught up in it too much in case I'm bitterly disappointed once more..

It doesn't even have to be about her resurrection they could skip that part entirely so that she's already established as being back on her feet so it could be like an "... Oh, and this is what's been happening in the Riverlands" sort of scene with a darkened lit room with a cloaked woman sitting central at a small wooden table rolling a crown back and forth along her pale-looking fingertips with the BwB around her. Camera begins to draw ever closer to catch a glimpse at her face then they cut to a black screen and the credits begin to role..

Screw the internet, that would break me. :bowdown:

At this point nothing will. A whole lot of people are about to riot internally. Unless Arianne and LS comes in I can't see this season getting any book readers back. They murdered their plots which to be fair you could call superfulous but they should have still been in compared to the shit that they put in.

I seriously doubt LSH will show up. Only place for her to do so would be with Brienne and Pod, which would make sense but to me it is a long shot.

Final episode HAS to have: 1. Cersie's conclusion; 2. Margery's/Loras' conclusion; 3. Arya's conclusion; 4. Jon Snow's conclusion; 5. Sansa's conclusion; 6. Stannis' conclusion; 7. Mereen/Dany's conclusion; 8. Brienne's/Pod's conclusion; 9. Jaime/Bronn's conclusion; 10. Vary's conclusion (which will be the final scene) as it is in Book 5.

How the living hell are they fitting all of that into one 50-minute episode? I guess LSH would fit best into Brienne and Pod's conclusion. But each scene is going to have to be amazingly short and chopped to bits.

Archived