Finale Title, Details Released

Westeros

That's like saying Jon's "death" in the books was poorly timed because the book ends with Dany and then Kevan's epilogue.

No, not at all. Dany is not dead and Kevan is not resurrected. If Stoneheart is in the last episode, it would make 2 resurrections in the same episode (with the come back of Gregor), and then Jon's moment would make his purpose because the viewers would have learned that anybody can be resurrected in this world... That's why it would be bad timing.

Literally all the unsullieds I know don't think that Gregor is dead so his case doesn't really count as a resurrection IMO. Gregor is more perceived as someone who is being transformed into a monster in order to be kept alive. That is hardly the same as Lady Catelyn being dead and then coming back.

And as for Jon, I'm positive that his "death scene" will make sure from the get-go that the character is not written out of the show, probably by having him warg into Ghost. With the right imagery (e.g. showing Jon's eyes go white in his supposedly last moment), Jon's death and resurrection will not be perceived as such either, but rather as another example of the fantasy elements of the show. I see no problem with having LSH and For The Watch in the same episode.

The article was published on 5/31. At that point she wasn't in the show, so GRRM wasn't lying. Why on earth would he give away such a bombshell 2 weeks before the finale? As for the character appearing out of nowhere, we get that a lot. Dontos, Hot Pie, Polliver, Lancel, Kevan, Myrcella. They disappear then pop back up when they're relevant. It wouldn't be that odd to revisit the BwB.

To the comments that there will be too many resurrections... that's fair. However, the unsullied only assume that the Hound is dead. No one ever saw him die. Jon isn't confirmed dead either. And let's not forget that the central conflict of the show is the rise of dead things.

Does this guarantee that LSH will appear? Of course not. MF may have just dropped by the set and decided to be an extra for fun.

at this point i don't think LSH will appear, as I said before, the chances are very very low now.....but yeah, that also makes me wonder why on earth would they publish an interview about LSH just AFTER the controversy of the finale title.... Maybe he meant that, at this point, she hasn!t appeared yet, which is true.

But I think that if she appeared, maybe it would be too much for an episode, considering what happens to Jon....but wasn't this episode the one that would break the Internet? I personally don't think than Jon is dead in adwd, but that he will warg into ghost....as he whispered.....

I see no reason to believe that LS will be in the finale at this point.

I do wonder what will happen to Jon, though...how will they portray his betrayal? Will we see some sort of 'resolution' or will it be a pure cliffhanger (I would give anything for the former, which is why I think we'll only get the latter, lol).

I see no reason to believe that LS will be in the finale at this point.

I do wonder what will happen to Jon, though...how will they portray his betrayal? Will we see some sort of 'resolution' or will it be a pure cliffhanger (I would give anything for the former, which is why I think we'll only get the latter, lol).

Break the Internet seems to suggest a cliffhanger ending.

Literally all the unsullieds I know don't think that Gregor is dead so his case doesn't really count as a resurrection IMO. Gregor is more perceived as someone who is being transformed into a monster in order to be kept alive. That is hardly the same as Lady Catelyn being dead and then coming back.

And as for Jon, I'm positive that his "death scene" will make sure from the get-go that the character is not written out of the show, probably by having him warg into Ghost. With the right imagery (e.g. showing Jon's eyes go white in his supposedly last moment), Jon's death and resurrection will not be perceived as such either, but rather as another example of the fantasy elements of the show. I see no problem with having LSH and For The Watch in the same episode.

I've seen where others have mentioned how they're hoping to see Jon's eyes go white to show that he is warging into Ghost or something. But I honestly do not see this happening in the show at all. So far the show has shown Bran to be the only warg out of the Stark children. Maybe this could happen in the books, but as far as I remember there has never been any evidence in the show of Jon (or Arya for that matter) being a warg. It seems that the show writers have reduced the warging down to Bran exclusively.

I've seen where others have mentioned how they're hoping to see Jon's eyes go white to show that he is warging into Ghost or something. But I honestly do not see this happening in the show at all. So far the show has shown Bran to be the only warg out of the Stark children. Maybe this could happen in the books, but as far as I remember there has never been any evidence in the show of Jon (or Arya for that matter) being a warg. It seems that the show writers have reduced the warging down to Bran exclusively.

It does appear that way, but even in the books Bran's warging abilities seem more advanced that Jon's or Arya's.

Perhaps they are delaying Arya/Jon from gaining their abilities until season 6/7. It is possible they will omit them entirely though.

It does appear that way, but even in the books Bran's warging abilities seem more advanced that Jon's or Arya's.

Perhaps they are delaying Arya/Jon from gaining their abilities until season 6/7. It is possible they will omit them entirely though.

Yes it is definitely possible they could still bring this into the show, but probably unlikely at this point. I remember when I first started reading the books (after watching a few seasons of the show) and I was actually surprised that other Stark kids had warging abilities.

Mother's mercy. Do you think they will have Dany release Rhaegal and Viseryion from captivity? If not, who will do it? Jorah? Tyrion? Missendei?

This will be interesting to find out. I think that if Dany does fly off into the sunset leaving Meereen, my hypothesis will be that Daario releases them.

OMG!!!! Lady Stoneheart is NEVER coming back. EVER. I see all this specualting about her which is just absurd! To be honest, her arc was soemwhat out of place in the books and one of the FEW cuts that I actually agree with in the show (alongside Penny...). But the sheer adherance to denial of her being permanently off the show could power the Death Star!!!! She's not coming back...and the people wishing sooooooooooo hard for her to come back are like "Death Shippers". It's seriously the worst form of menal fan-wank.

I'm not trying to be a schmuck or ascerbic, so apologies. But she aint coming back, so let's talk about mroe likely possibilities. Because theorizing about her coming back is almost as bad as hoping for the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus or the female orgasm! *runs away...*

(was being silly about the last part...please don't hurt me...)

Agreed. I don't think they were shooting for "The Warg Family". Also, the show has a habit of telegraphing things ahead of time, so if John/Arya had warging abilities, we would have seen soem hints by now.

That's not to say it *couldnt* happen over the next few seasons if done right, but I thinkn' theyre making the "Cripple Boy" the only warg.

Archived