Best and Worst casting choices.

Lord Neddard Stark

Suprised to hear this, Cersei is very well written on the show and feels more complex, D&D have done her great justice and Lena is amazing. 

As for my list:

Everyone apart from the Sand Snakes and sometimes Dany are really good, Emilia can be great too time to time.

GoT will  have one of the best casts ever in entertainment by the time it's done.

Edit: Forgot Shae... ew.. sorry GRRM, she's not good at acting.

Agreed. 

Best casting choices (for similarity):

1. Gwendolyn Christie as Brienne

2. Peter Dinklage as Tyrion

3. Tom Wlasciha as Jagen H'Gar

4. Nikolai Coster-Waldau as Jamie Lannister

5. Clive Russell as The Blackfish

Worst Casting choices (for similarity)

1. Cirian Hinds as Mance Rayder

2. Micheal Huisman as Daario Naharis

3. All of the Sand Snakes

4. Lena Headey as Cersei Lannister (Amazing actress, not close to the most beautiful in the land)

5. Finn Jones as Loras (Far too preening and effete for the baddest badass swordsman in Westeros

Best Casting for performance

1. Alfie Allen as Theon Greyjoy

2. Jerome Flynn as Bronn

3. Lena Headey as Cersei

4. Peter Dinklage as Tyrion

5. Aiden Gillen as Petyr Baelish

6. Maisie Williams as Arya

7. Charles Dance as Tywin

8. Pedro Pascal as The Red Viper

9. Rose Leslie as Ygritte

10. Rory McCann as The Hound

Peter Dinklage for similarity? Dinklage looks nothing like book Tyrion. I mean, he fits Tyrion physically beter than an actor who is not a dwarf would, but that's it. GRRM himself has said that Dinklage is great but that he's too good-looking and too tall for book Tyrion.

Suprised to hear this, Cersei is very well written on the show and feels more complex, D&D have done her great justice and Lena is amazing. 

As for my list:

Everyone apart from the Sand Snakes and sometimes Dany are really good, Emilia can be great too time to time.

GoT will  have one of the best casts ever in entertainment by the time it's done.

Edit: Forgot Shae... ew.. sorry GRRM, she's not good at acting.

Carol Lannister is a lot of things, but she definitely isn't more complex than Cersei.

Carol Lannister is a lot of things, but she definitely isn't more complex than Cersei.

What moment in the books comes close enough to making Cersei seem as real and complex as the scene in S1 with Robert? Or the scene with Tommen before her arrest? Or the moment she tries comforting Sansa? She even breaks down crying knowing her son (joff) is a lost cause who she can't control because of her shit parenting.

In the books she's completely evil, no better than Roose Bolton or Joff.

i'm going to judge this solely based on performances and not on book vs. show differences

best:

charles dance

lena headey

peter dinklage

maisie williams

alfie allen

jack gleeson

stephen dillane

sean bean

kerry ingram

worst:

sibel kekilli (even tho i love her)

sand snake actresses

natalie dormer

emilia clarke :(

What moment in the books comes close enough to making Cersei seem as real and complex as the scene in S1 with Robert? Or the scene with Tommen before her arrest? Or the moment she tries comforting Sansa? She even breaks down crying knowing her son (joff) is a lost cause who she can't control because of her shit parenting.

In the books she's completely evil, no better than Roose Bolton or Joff.

Strongly disagree.

Cersei is kind of a statement on the way women are treated in that society, they're heads are filled with songs of honor and chivalry. They are told a lie, that one day they will marry a strong brave handsome man who will cherish, love and respect them, when in reality they are shipped off to form alliances to whoever their fathers wish. Cersei found this out when the man she was shipped off to was a violent bastard who used to beat her, shame her by sleeping with whores and raping her when he was to drunk to walk to a brothel. You get the strong feeling that this is why she is so resentful and spiteful towards Sansa for being gullible, why she is always referring to her body as her weapon, and why she only ever feels like she has agency is when she's manipulating men. 

Cersei in the show is easier to sympathize and has more humanity in her but that's mainly because of Lena Headey's performance not D&D's writing. She's just a one dimensional character on the show. all we see her do is get a bit worked up at some characters, cry about Joffrey and act tough to the Tyrells and Littlefinger, this is entertaining to watch because of the actress, but we don't see any of the inner workings of her character, she's basically  "Queen Bad bitch" and nothing else... 

Actually, Cersei's improvements are also thanks to D&D's writing. Lena didn't add those lines in or plot points.

Honestly guys, I think were really starting to be unfair to D&D, whenever the show does something great it's the actors, the directors, casting director etc, but when the show does bad, even when it has nothing to do with D&D (Sept rape scene, Direction problems, some costumes, some writing and casting choices) it's because of D&D. 

No one else alive puts as much effort into this show than D&D, they put all their lives into this product, one of the Ds missed the first steps of their daughter because he was too busy working on the show all the time. They write for the show, produce all of it  it, direct some of it they also have to deal with putting this huge story onto the small screen with a small budget (compared to what they need) and small time frames constantly plague them, they have to deal with filming across the entirety of Europe, they have to make sure everything is going according to plan, they undoubtedly have the toughest job in all of TV right now. When you come here though, it's people mocking D&D, insulting them, denying them of any credit, attempts to make them seem like complete shit. People even claim D&D hate women.

Most of us enjoy this show and know that most of it's beautifully crafted, we should acknowledge that most of it is thanks to D&D. I don't want to sound like I'm aiming this at anyone and I certainly don't want to sound like someone who doesn't believe D&D should ever be criticized. D&D have made mistakes, some of them big and they do need criticizing. They are flawed people. But so are we when deny them credit when it's due, because Cersei's complexity on the show is also thanks to D&D's writing as well as Lena's acting.

Sorry to randomly rant, It just makes me sad to see the usually fantastic fanbase act tough on D&D like this. None of us would like to be treated this way if we worked as hard as D&D do and didn't act like colossal asshats. 

Actually, Cersei's improvements are also thanks to D&D's writing. Lena didn't add those lines in or plot points.

Honestly guys, I think were really starting to be unfair to D&D, whenever the show does something great it's the actors, the directors, casting director etc, but when the show does bad, even when it has nothing to do with D&D (Sept rape scene, Direction problems, some costumes, some writing and casting choices) it's because of D&D. 

No one else alive puts as much effort into this show than D&D, they put all their lives into this product, one of the Ds missed the first steps of their daughter because he was too busy working on the show all the time. They write for the show, produce all of it  it, direct some of it they also have to deal with putting this huge story onto the small screen with a small budget (compared to what they need) and small time frames constantly plague them, they have to deal with filming across the entirety of Europe, they have to make sure everything is going according to plan, they undoubtedly have the toughest job in all of TV right now. When you come here though, it's people mocking D&D, insulting them, denying them of any credit, attempts to make them seem like complete shit. People even claim D&D hate women.

Most of us enjoy this show and know that most of it's beautifully crafted, we should acknowledge that most of it is thanks to D&D. I don't want to sound like I'm aiming this at anyone and I certainly don't want to sound like someone who doesn't believe D&D should ever be criticized. D&D have made mistakes, some of them big and they do need criticizing. They are flawed people. But so are we when deny them credit when it's due, because Cersei's complexity on the show is also thanks to D&D's writing as well as Lena's acting.

Sorry to randomly rant, It just makes me sad to see the usually fantastic fanbase act tough on D&D like this. none of us would like to be treated this way if we worked as hard as D&D do and didn't act like colossal asshats. 

Well considering most of the "best lines" from the show are basically coped and based from the books, you can't really give any credit to D&D for them

Sorry to randomly rant, It just makes me sad to see the usually fantastic fanbase act tough on D&D like this. None of us would like to be treated this way if we worked as hard as D&D do and didn't act like colossal asshats. 

I respect the amount of work D&D put into the show, they literally work all year. But just because they work hard doesn't mean I'm going to view their product in a better light. I really liked the show up to season 4, and I thought season 5 was a step down in quality due to D&D's changes, but it was still fine TV.

In regards to Cersai, I don`t think she`s more complex. It comes down to book Cersai feeling one way and acting another around people, while TV Cersai will feel one way and act that way around people. Because of that I think they`ve tried to make her more sympathetic. I felt this change to her character didn`t affect the show too much until season 5 where she was the protagonist of King`s Landing. Worried sad Cersai isn`t as interesting as scheming manipulative Cersai.

Lena is great though, she acts her parts well. I just often didn`t like what D&D did with her this season.

Back to the thread topic, Charles Dance was definitely one of the best casted. I think Peter Dinklage is great too. Even though D&D change some of his motivations and plot, I always feel like it`s Tyrion because Peter lands his lines (which D&D wrote, yes) so well.

Peter Dinklage for similarity? Dinklage looks nothing like book Tyrion. I mean, he fits Tyrion physically beter than an actor who is not a dwarf would, but that's it. GRRM himself has said that Dinklage is great but that he's too good-looking and too tall for book Tyrion.

It wasn't just physical; it was his having the prerequisite wit, irony, and charm.  Was that your only opinion of my 20 choices?

Best:

Charles Dance

Diana Rigg

Peter Dinklage

Sean Bean

Natalia Tena

Michelle Fairley

Harry Lloyd

Worst:

Kit Harrington (I just think he's too expressionless)

All the Sand Snakes

Richard Madden  (though, admittedly, it was mostly because of the character choices that D&D made)

Emilia Clarke (I don't think she portrays the more ruthless aspect of Dany's character convincingly)

Archived