[Book Spoilers] EP508 Discussion

Ran

This was the best episode in years, truly amazing from start to finish I was actually impressed with Dany and Tyrion. We got Arya's first mission, Cersei was spot on and started to break. Reek and Sansa were amazing too. And that Hardhome sequence, absolutely amazing!

the previews spoiled the whole Valarian steel secret. once they showed that, I knew Jon was going to kill a Wight.

What does this mean for Brienne? I doubt that she can die at this point. Anyone with a Valarian steel sword will be more then valueable

There is definitely a connection there. A very Darth Vader/Luke Skywalker "The Force is strong in this one" vibe.

That's pretty much what I was thinking as soon as he witnessed him kill an Other. I really hope the Night's King is a Stark. Would probably blow the minds of the show watchers that the greatest threat to humanity is a former Stark.

Edited by Dain Storm

Well, the Others are a different race of beings that seem to be heat intollerant and they are necromancers, or their King is. wights have to either be hacked to peices or burned to be killed but the Others have to have dragonglass or valyrian steele and or maybe dragonfire to kill them. Ok, we knew that but that was one fucking awesome fighting sequence. it does appear that Jon Tar.. , ahgh I mean Lord Commander Snow has the destinct attention of the Night's King as if the Night's King knows who he is.

As for the episode intrigue, I told you guys so, Sansa will save that corkscrew for Ramsay in an intimate moment and Not use it to torture Theon into confessing. He did that on his own.

It's long been my theory: When a normal person dies, they become wights.

When a Stark dies, they join the council of the White Walkers. Maybe in the past, when the Starks got old, they left to go "hunting".... But they were going to join their ancestors.

The tombs in Winterfell are empty.

So, the summarize:

The Others wearing the sweet armor: Dead Starks. The Kings Of Winter.

The Other soldiers: Babies that were turned.

Wights: Normal people killed.

the previews spoiled the whole Valarian steel secret. once they showed that, I knew Jon was going to kill a Wight.

What does this mean for Brienne? I doubt that she can die at this point. Anyone with a Valarian steel sword will be more then valueable

This is why you ALWAYS fast forward through the "previously on". Unless you are brain dead, it always spoils stuff.