[Book Spoilers] EP508 Discussion

Ran

I was thinking the exact same thing! She would have been amazing as the show alternative to Val. I still don't understand why she let the wight-kids kill her....

I was disappointed too and it seemed like a sexist choice, the only female character in the battle and she dies because she doesn't want to fight zombified kids.

Only reason I still watch Game of Thrones is for Jon Snow and his adventure. Everything else bores me.

Apocalypse & fight for mankind survival vs Politics & Iron throne, there is no contest which is more important. Feel so bad for Jon & co, everyone else from the south who should have been helping him is wasting their time, resources and effort for something so.. insignificant.

I was disappointed too and it seemed like a sexist choice, the only female character in the battle and she dies because she doesn't want to fight zombified kids.

Thats the only thing that bothered me. She was terrific. Wanted to see more of her.

That last scene with the Night's King was absolutely awesome...no words...no words...

It was the icy middle-finger to all the people who don't believe/like magic or fantasy in both the show or books.

After this episode, I'm rooting for the Night's King.

I was thinking the exact same thing! She would have been amazing as the show alternative to Val. I still don't understand why she let the wight-kids kill her....

I think they had been either her relatives (her children or her siblings) and she had a moment or two of hesitation due to heartbreak, and then they swarmed over her.

Well, the Others are a different race of being

, ahgh I mean Lord Commander Snow has the destinct attention of the Night's King as if the Night's King knows who he is.

Yes, I really got the feeling they were a different race. And yes, the Night's King was staring Jon down. They've really set up the rivals. I hope there's more of a reason why he singled Jon out other than seeing him use the Valaryan Steel.

So awesome was the ending that it completely overshadowed a really nice banter between Dany and Tyrion.

I hope not. That chat was really fun. I hope there'll be plenty more like it.

I feel every time I watch a Daenerys and Tyrion scene as if I am doing something illegal and forbidden.

:lmao: I love every second of it.

I wonder what happens if the Night's King is destroyed and whether that brings down the entire army. I figure it would have to be something like that or the war is completely hopeless. The dragons can only do so much.

Looks like the value for this episode is that it confirmed/fuelled some of our theories... we'll have a lot to discuss, specially the heretics. :P

Well, the Others are a different race of beings that seem to be heat intollerant and they are necromancers, or their King is. wights have to either be hacked to peices or burned to be killed but the Others have to have dragonglass or valyrian steele and or maybe dragonfire to kill them. Ok, we knew that but that was one fucking awesome fighting sequence. it does appear that Jon Tar.. , ahgh I mean Lord Commander Snow has the destinct attention of the Night's King as if the Night's King knows who he is.

Yes. Either because he's a Stark or because somehow, Benjen has told him about him. Maybe Benjen is there...?

It's long been my theory: When a normal person dies, they become wights.

When a Stark dies, they join the council of the White Walkers. Maybe in the past, when the Starks got old, they left to go "hunting".... But they were going to join their ancestors.

The tombs in Winterfell are empty.

I like it.