[Book Spoilers] EP508 Discussion

Ran

WW being dead Starks...totally with it, maybe their words are Winter Is Coming for a reason...would any recent dead Starks (Ned, Benjen-maybe dead, Robb) be in that?

Wouldn't they need a body?

I wonder if that means that the reason the WW are coming is because neither Rickard's or Brandon's bodies were delivered to them as they should have been.

Yeah, I caught that as well.. Will just have to try and remember that in a week or two when he gets stabbed. How stupid and trivial is that whole for the watch going to feel like after tonights episode though.. Like they're doing it for the watch when Jon is doing it for all the living ones, you stupid Olly you..

I have a feeling that Olly isn't going to turn against Jon now.

Fantastic episode!

I enjoyed the dialogue between Dany and Tyrion. Tyrion completely put into perspective what her going to Westeros would be like.

He really did an outstanding job advising her! Of course....he knew his life depended on his ability to use his wits and impress her. Edited by TheFirstofHerName

Beyond disappointed in the depiction of the wights. If I wanted to watch scenes from World War Z....... And if I remember correctly, jon snow defeated his first wight using fire. (In the old bears room when Jon was his steward). So now fire doesn't work?

No fire still works. Fire is the only thing that can kill a wight, but steel can slow them down. The only wights that died were the ones that Wun Wun burned with his gigantic wooden pole.

I feel every time I watch a Daenerys and Tyrion scene as if I am doing something illegal and forbidden.

I can't remember any scenes with them prior to this one, but I love the way you phrased that!

By the way, in the preview for the next episode, did anyone catch Melisandre looking into her fires and turning away with a stunned expression?

I'm more and more sure Stannis dies this year and Sansa takes Winterfell from within. I just can't see her as of now doing the jump and apparently, Ramsay's going to attack Stannis directly, so...

Sansa must be happy and yet pissed. She had to go through all of this shit for nothing. Well, I expected more of that but I bet next week and the finale to be very Winterfell and Stannis heavy. A lot of ground to cover and one more Sansa / Ramsay confrontation that ends differently?

Also, Benjen, I hope comes back as Benjen and either shows up to help Jon or in Winterfell to help he neice, Sansa.

Yeah, I caught that as well.. Will just have to try and remember that in a week or two when he gets stabbed. How stupid and trivial is that whole for the watch going to feel like after tonights episode though.. Like they're doing it for the watch when Jon is doing it for all the living ones, you stupid Olly you..

Agreed whole-heartedly. I'm definitely a show lover/apologist despite an greater love for the books (obviously, they're freaking amazing) but the whole Olly thing seems a little forced. I can remember the second Olly was shown last season joining the watch and saying he was a good archer I told my friend he'd kill Ygritte, and as this season progresses they are pushing so hard to have him pull a Brutus. Its a little too much. But it has to happen, and considering the words Bowen Marsh mean absolutely nothing to the unsullied, Olly is necessary.

I would imagine we get some sense of resolution when it comes to Jon by the end of the season though. Hopefully...

It's long been my theory: When a normal person dies, they become wights.

When a Stark dies, they join the council of the White Walkers. Maybe in the past, when the Starks got old, they left to go "hunting".... But they were going to join their ancestors.

The tombs in Winterfell are empty.

So, the summarize:

The Others wearing the sweet armor: Dead Starks. The Kings Of Winter.

The Other soldiers: Babies that were turned.

Wights: Normal people killed.

Never heard this before, and it's quite brilliant and interesting....I like it very much

Well, the description for episode ten has Stannis as being alive, and shots of his camp burning for episode nine which I assume is from Ramsey and his twenty men, so he obviously doesn't succeed, but does that means he dies, retreats, or gets captured? I dunno.

One thing bothers me about the Sansa/Reek scene.

After what transpired last week with the candle, would the Boltons have more guards around Sansa's chambers? Much less still having Reek deliver her food? I mean they were both screaming so loud I wouldve bet all of Winterfell could've heard them.