[Book Spoilers] EP508 Discussion

Ran

Now that is a spooky thought. Kind of reminds of the lead villain in S. King's Storm of the Century. "Give me what I want and I'll go away."

I've always believed the Starks had made a pact with the Others. And the fact Rickard and Brandon died without been able to inform Ned -who wasn't the heir- about it could have caused them to hit South and come to claim what they want or wanted a Stark in return. Who knows, maybe Jon decides to go on his own.

Yeah when Sam said Jon always comes back, I was like SPOILER ALERT.

Great ep, Tyrion/Dany is OUR gift...

lol yes I turned to my unsullied GF after that scene and giggled so much I wound up telling her Jon gets stabbed and ruining it for her lol.

IMO this was the best episode since season 1. Hardhome was excellent, tyrion/dany was great and arya, cersei, Sansa were all on point.

Only scene that didn't really fit was the Sam and olly scene but it served to remind/set up to Jon's expedition and more story for whatever olly does to Jon. Oh yeah and it gave the biggest foreshadowing in the history of foreshadowing.

Really I'm so pumped after that hardhome scene I want to watch it again right now.

I tend to think the Night's King might not be a spoiler, just a device they might be using to give the Others a more focused antagonistic power for the show and to highlight their (probable) human origins.

It might not be this guy, but there's something specific up there in the Heart of Winter. Bran saw it in one of his first visions.

For all the hate the show gets (only some of it deserved) they really did show up and impress with this one. Too many purists will whine over every little change, most of them unavoidable and had to happen in order for the series to work. I loved the way they handled this episode. So great. The remaining episodes look to be just as awesome. Can't wait for them and hopefully for TWOW before next season.

lets see Dragon glass and Dragonsteel kills WW

is there anyone still doubting that dragons cant kill WW

.I mean Dragons just raining fire on themand kill them.Way to easy to kill them.Either there is Ice Dragon(i'm big fan that) as a big twist or not.

I really loved every scene leading up to Hardhome. Arya's were great because it gave us a little more context about the FM and that they at least do some good in the world. Lena's performance was brilliant as usual. Reek reveal to Sansa was gold. The only so-so scenes were the Boltons and Sam/Olly, but honestly after that incredible battle I don't think many of the casual viewers will be remembering those scenes too well.

I couldn't agree more with everything you said

didn't the preview show fire and then afterwards stannis walking?

Major misdirection going on if you are right.

Actually its more than that; an attack happens next week and stannis is definitely alive in ep 10, cos the synopsis says he is....

Well, I'm aure that Stannis doesn't die next week but in Episode 10. I don't think he necessarily dies next week. I think it'll just push him or Selyse into burning Shireen.

I've always believed the Starks had made a pact with the Others. And the fact Rickard and Brandon died without been able to inform Ned -who wasn't the heir- about it could have caused them to hit South and come to claim what they want or wanted a Stark in return. Who knows, maybe Jon decides to go on his own.

Same here. Though, I've never thought, that Ned would have never known, because his father and brother were inconveniently killed.

Damn Aerys. Dude is always screwing things up.

.I mean Dragons just raining fire on themand kill them.Way to easy to kill them.Either there is Ice Dragon(i'm big fan that) as a big twist or not.

Not easy at all. Even 3 dragons belting fire from their mouths can't cover all that terrain the wights will be crawling all over. It would take a lot of work even for 3 dragons, assuming they don't get killed by White Walkers with long-range bows and arrows.

Edited by Dragon_Rider

I tend to think the Night's King might not be a spoiler, just a device they might be using to give the Others a more focused antagonistic power for the show and to highlight their (probable) human origins.

I think the question isn't if TV Night's King is a device, it's how much.