[Book Spoilers] EP508 Discussion

Ran

I like the Stark volunteering to become a While Walker thing, but wouldn't that apply to all Stark men. So Shouldn't Rickard have spilled the beans to Ned and Brandon before he let them wander about on their own and send them away from home? It also raises some questions as to why that one Stark, King Something 'the shipwright' decided to take a trip out to see and go missing (unless he went north and faked his "going missing" to become an Other, but why did his son burn the entire fleet down in anger then, if he also knew that he'd have to one day go north to become an Other?

I don't know, seems to have a lot of holes, while it is awesome, I can't fully understand how it would work.

.I mean Dragons just raining fire on themand kill them.Way to easy to kill them.Either there is Ice Dragon(i'm big fan that) as a big twist or not.

they will be having something up in their sleeve like spiders and other things sure

but can anyone deny anymore that dragons cant kill them ...there are people who argue about this ..

I've always believed the Starks had made a pact with the Others. And the fact Rickard and Brandon died without been able to inform Ned -who wasn't the heir- about it could have caused them to hit South and come to claim what they want or wanted a Stark in return. Who knows, maybe Jon decides to go on his own.

Hasn't GRRM already actually said someone is travelling to the heart of winter? only 2 candidates for that: Jon and Bran.

good to see all the love here, nicer than the civil wars of recent past. When D&D do their best they can still turn out some damn good stuff....

Loved Dany and Tyrion's chat, loved Cersei and Qyburn's ("the work continues...dun dun duuuuun"), loved Wun-Wun, loved un-Val, thought Sansa was awesome, Theon too, and I loved Arya! Really, the best episode for me in a long time. Hardhome was amazing. Just stunning.

they will be having something up in their sleeve like spiders and other things sure

but can anyone deny anymore that dragons cant kill them ...there are people who argue about this ..

Well, especially given that you need dragonfire to make Valyrian Steel, I think there is a good chance dragon fire can kill them.

I guess its just me, but I have a hard time believing a Lannister can just show up at Dany's doorstep and she welcome him with open arms and believe his story. I figured it would be more in character for her to let Rhaegal and Viserion fight over his dead, burnt flesh. I'll have to put this one in the category of suspension of disbelief. Otherwise loved the episode.

Looks like the value for this episode is that it confirmed/fuelled some of our theories... we'll have a lot to discuss, specially the heretics. :P

Yes. Either because he's a Stark or because somehow, Benjen has told him about him. Maybe Benjen is there...?

I like it.

Maybe the WW Starks, the old Starks, grow in power when a living Stark is not in Winterfell. When a Stark isn't in Winterfell, the real Winter comes down.

They could of course.I want to see Dany+Drogon vs Ice Dragon with WW.Just imagine that.I would normally said NK,but this seems to have a date with Lord Snow.That look.

Brilliant episode. I haven't felt these kind of chills since Season 1. I'm glad to know that the bigger threat to Westeros hasn't been forgotten by the show runners.

Also, loved the dialogue between Tyrion and Dany. There was great chemistry between the two and for once the brand new material didn't leave me wanting to bang my head.

Edited by holycray

I guess its just me, but I have a hard time believing a Lannister can just show up at Dany's doorstep and she welcome him with open arms and believe his story. I figured it would be more in character for her to let Rhaegal and Viserion fight over his dead, burnt flesh. I'll have to put this one in the category of suspension of disbelief. Otherwise loved the episode.

She didn't believe or trust him. She only give him a chance to speak---and that was her mistake. Once Tyrion's mouth is open and free there's no hope. :)

One flower doesn't make a spring. The episode seems to have been good, so what? A season is not one episode.

BoobsAndGore seems to take proud in being a not-reader, yet, s/he's insulting the not-reading audience by pretending that show watchers won't mind the fact the show was last week and a couple of years before, very offensive to simply let themselves being impressive by pretty battles and shocking moments. The rankings are down now. They might recover, but not as they were two seasons ago. Sadly -for him, I mean- the books won. People are mad at the deviations not for the deviations but because they feel betrayed George's work and what he wanted to portray.

So, report the troll and keep discussing. Some theories might be interesting to speculate from a readers perspective. A few of mine seem to have been either confirmed or hinted to be possible. That's all the show means for me now: I don't even feel spoiled but I rather take it as a confirmation of things to come. Personally, I haven't watch the episode. A friend of mine makes comment with me and I read here the general plotline. See? the show is so simple that I can have it lined it out via SMS :dunno:

/end rant and move on.

Ooh, another thing I thought of was how Tyrion said the Starks are gone, and I'm like... uhm, actually, nope. Only Ned, Catelyn and Robb. Jon, Sansa, Arya, Bran and Rickon are still out there. What a shock to Westeros when all of those bad-ass Starks come out of the woodworks and show 'em all what's what. Ned and Catelyn done raised them up some survivors, yo!

Yes they did. Him mentioning the Starks brought up an interesting idea in my mind. If he ever runs into Sansa again (assuming of course that Dany and Sansa meet), do you think he'd be conflicted about the side he is on?