[Book Spoilers] EP508 Discussion

Ran

OK, who will be the first to remind us on "Wheel of Time" and Dany being the Dark One of ASOIAF? :)

Hardhome was brilliant, Harington was awful... Arya's scenes were rather promising :)

So if these rumors about Benjen are true and he is still alive maybe he's the one who reveals Jon's parentage. He was obviously at the Tourney of Harrenhal. Perhaps Lyanna told him something before she left with Rhegar. I just don't know where he would fit in the last two episodes with everything that has to happen.

That was an excellent ending. Some comments: Tormund mentioned his daughters. Is it time for the Mormont girls? They will probably have to be younger on the show since Tormund is quite young as well.

The Tyrion-Dany scenes were not good, but it's obvious this is why they killed ser Barristan. I guess Tyrion is too big of a star to be slaving around all season.

Ramsey and his feast for crows scare me. I hope nothing happens to Shireen. :(

I can't wait for Jon to return to the Wall. FTW is definitely happening now. Olly got the confirmation from Sam that it's ok to do things you don't necessarily want to do. And to those who say they can't do FTW now, remember that the characters don't have all the information we have. Yes we know that Jon was right to help the freefolk but Allister and Olly don't.

I like the Stark volunteering to become a While Walker thing, but wouldn't that apply to all Stark men. So Shouldn't Rickard have spilled the beans to Ned and Brandon before he let them wander about on their own and send them away from home? It also raises some questions as to why that one Stark, King Something 'the shipwright' decided to take a trip out to see and go missing (unless he went north and faked his "going missing" to become an Other, but why did his son burn the entire fleet down in anger then, if he also knew that he'd have to one day go north to become an Other?

I don't know, seems to have a lot of holes, while it is awesome, I can't fully understand how it would work.

agreed, I'm also wondering how such a plot would even be able to be revealed. I mean is a walker going to start talking and have a monologue while holding Jon hostage? Or is Sam going to find something in the library that indicates this?

While it's a cool idea it doesn't seem like something that could ever be fully broached in a way that would make sense. It could be something that is hinted at but never truly revealed...

OK, who will be the first to remind us on "Wheel of Time" and Dany being the Dark One of ASOIAF? :)

Hardhome was brilliant, Harington was awful... Arya's scenes were rather promising :)

I don't know why everyone hates Kit's acting. I really like the way he plays his role. Sometimes he can look a little awkward, but it's nothing compared to how terrible Emilia is at doing anything, even Tyrion's rolling his eyes at her speeches.

I'm more and more sure Stannis dies this year and Sansa takes Winterfell from within. I just can't see her as of now doing the jump and apparently, Ramsay's going to attack Stannis directly, so...

Firmly believe she is going to try and get control of WF from inside and hold it, or come close to death where she has no option to survive except leaving.

Hopefully she learns LF betrayl.

Well, I'm aure that Stannis doesn't die next week but in Episode 10. I don't think he necessarily dies next week. I think it'll just push him or Selyse into burning Shireen.

Shireen is safe. Here's what's going down:

Ramsay does a sneak attack. A skirmish. Nobody significant dies

Melissandre looks into flames and realises AA = J [ the old magic CNN will be blaring this out after tonight]. She gets ready to do one back to the wall.

Selyse is crying [ back to season previews] as Melissandre abandons them. Stannis proceeds anyway.

In Ramsay's abscence, Sansa sends a message to the Wall...

Edited by God-Emperor of Yi Ti

Maybe this is minor on the grand scheme of things and maybe it's my inner nerd peering through; but the musical score on the back half of the episode was amazing.

Indeed . Very well done. It really added to the tension. The last 20 minutes were so intense.

At this point, I have to say, the Arya storyline isn't really working for me. Like, this episode lays out in obvious detail how Arya can poison that guy with ease and no risk to herself, and then the cliffhanger is whether Arya can go poison him? What kind of dramatic structure is that?

Hmm, it's a good thing Dany has Tyrion to show her her path, goodness how she ever accomplished anything without him! (So that's why they killed Barristan, huh?)

I have a feeling that in the books selmy will not live to see Tyrion and dany meet up. Something about that trio just doesn't seem to jive, like selmy would advise her to kill Tyrion and dany would trust his advice over tyrion's wit.

So while it was sad to see selmy go I don't really think he could be there and have Tyrion there at the same time. It's like dany had a hole in her council for a wise person who knows westeros that Tyrion can now fill.