[Book Spoilers] EP508 Discussion

Ran

At this point, I have to say, the Arya storyline isn't really working for me. Like, this episode lays out in obvious detail how Arya can poison that guy with ease and no risk to herself, and then the cliffhanger is whether Arya can go poison him? What kind of dramatic structure is that?

Oh, my sweet summer child...

...this show has no structure.

At this point, I have to say, the Arya storyline isn't really working for me. Like, this episode lays out in obvious detail how Arya can poison that guy with ease and no risk to herself, and then the cliffhanger is whether Arya can go poison him? What kind of dramatic structure is that?

I have no idea what the fuck happened in that scene. Well, I got the obvious gist of it, but didn't catch the reason behind it all.

They could of course.I want to see Dany+Drogon vs Ice Dragon with WW.Just imagine that.I would normally said NK,but this seems to have a date with Lord Snow.That look.

yes its going to be awesome ..

i think Stannis will be joining them and taking the place of the one jon killed today ..there is a theory out there he becomes nights king

I don't know why everyone hates Kit's acting. I really like the way he plays his role. Sometimes he can look a little awkward, but it's nothing compared to how terrible Emilia is at doing anything, even Tyrion's rolling his eyes at her speeches.

Well, in the show with such amazing supporting cast, these two who are supposed to be some sort of leads are doing terrible job. I am sorry, but whenever he starts speaking, I am like this or like this.

Ser Didymus, on 31 May 2015 - 7:44 PM, said:snapback.png

i appreciated Ramsay giving a shout out to one of the books they are adapting this season.

Definitely a nice Easter Egg there. Gave me good chuckle.

Me too! Fo Shizzle!

There is nothing wrong with Kit portraying Jon.

The problem is Jon Snow is exactly as Kit portrays it :lol:

Correction.

Jon Snow is somewhat boring character. Kit is boringly trying to portray Jon... Small but significant difference...

I was completely underwhelmed by the final battle. Personally, an impressive fight scene is not one that throws as much crap on the screen as possible and adds to the tension by shaking the camera.

There was a some of that, but this is a cable TV show. This isn't The Hobbit. They have to resort to some of that shit to make it work. Is it as grand and sprawling as it "should be," no, but it's pretty damn good for what it is.

I guess its just me, but I have a hard time believing a Lannister can just show up at Dany's doorstep and she welcome him with open arms and believe his story. I figured it would be more in character for her to let Rhaegal and Viserion fight over his dead, burnt flesh. I'll have to put this one in the category of suspension of disbelief. Otherwise loved the episode.

But Tyrion is a Lannister who hasn't harmed any of the Targaryens; he did not personally even raise arms against them (in the books he would have been a child at the time of Robert's Rebellion). Daenerys usually tries to avoid personally killing innocents; and it's not as if Tyrion has enslaved anyone, or even (like poor Tommen) claimed the crown she should have worn in Westeros. It is in character for Daenerys to at least consider Tyrion's worth before ordering his execution.

I assume they still get credit as a wight. ☺

I guess that is what i was wondering.. Will we actually see her again as a wight? I don't think we will see any more of the Walkers and the wights this season and I really thought she was credited somewhere. But there's been so many fan edits and misinformation around, that's probably all it was.

Very solid episode.

My boyfriend has been more engaged for the first time in probably two seasons.

And this is coming from a book snob.

My only gripe about Hardhome was the fact that the whites have turned into Resident Evil zombies. Everything else had me on the edge of my seat. And kudos to the show for making me actually worry about Jon Snow even though he's listed in the episode descriptions for 9 and 10.

What's the deal with everyone thinking the White Walkers are former Starks? Where is that coming from?