[Book Spoilers] EP508 Discussion

Ran

I'll also add, based on the promo, Bronn turning his cloak - because Doran isn't talking to Jaime there

That would be logical. Jamie surely isn't expected to turn so easily and he is a sworn knight of the kingsguard. Bronn in contrast is a sellsword.

Maybe 20 men can sneak in, steal shireen, set fire to some tents as a distraction, and haul ass.

Which explains Selyse shot during the trailer.

The blizzard reduces visibility to a few meters. Ramsay and 20 commandos dress in mercenary clothes or something, few people will see them, fewer will try to recognize them, none will wonder who they are in an army filled with foreign mercenaries. They set some tents on fire to create a distraction (sorry, no Drogon), kidnap Shireen and get the hell out of there.

And then Ramsay can either be smart and keep her hostage, or flay them, fullfilling the interviews of doing some nasty things to some nice people and Ramsay doing a scene he didn't want to do.

The blizzard reduces visibility to a few meters. Ramsay and 20 commandos dress in mercenary clothes or something, few people will see them, fewer will try to recognize them, none will wonder who they are in an army filled with foreign mercenaries. They set some tents on fire to create a distraction (sorry, no Drogon), kidnap Shireen and get the hell out of there.

And then Ramsay can either be smart and keep her hostage, or flay them, fullfilling the interviews of doing some nasty things to some nice people and Ramsay doing a scene he didn't want to do.

Stannis can blame Mel. She said to bring her , because he lost at the blackwater without her.

I was wondering something. If Jon and the wildlings are taking Stannis' ships back to Eastwatch by the sea why are they on the wrong side of the wall in the preview for next week's episode?

because it makes zero sense. just for theatrical effect? although, them all just showing up at Castle Black would be enough effect for me... meh

Kit is very good as Jon Snow and Emilia is awesome as Dany.Some much hate for those two.

I think it's because, his peers on the show Richard Madden and Alfie Allen are far superior in acting chops to Kit. although, I will admit Kit has improved a bit each season

by the way.. where the hell is Asha/Yara ?

If I was writing the series I would have slid them into season 6 for the following reasons:

1) There is more than enough material this season without them

2) Not much role for them in any of the Westeros plots unless Theon revives

3) Not much point in introducing the dragon beating horn until Danny can make some use of them

4) Keep some book material in reserve.

5) One less set to build and manage.

Danny has to cross the ocean to Westeros in season 6 at which point they can strike all the Mereen sets permanently. That frees up space on the lot for the moot court sequence. They can also show one of the faceless men dropping Balon off a bridge and make a link to the FMs.

because it makes zero sense. just for theatrical effect? although, them all just showing up at Castle Black would be enough effect for me... meh

I love the show and was absolutely blown away by tonight's episode, but damn that kind of a blunder if true. At least the unsullied will be oblivious to this fact.

I was wondering something. If Jon and the wildlings are taking Stannis' ships back to Eastwatch by the sea why are they on the wrong side of the wall in the preview for next week's episode?

How about we wait to find out?

They almost certainly have a reason.

Getting rather fed up of complaints about continuity errors in episodes not yet screened.

I've always believed R+L= J and have secretly hoped that A+J=T. This season has pretty much convinced me on both. That red priestess looking at tyrion and him watching drogon from the sorrows/Valeria man cmon twow!!

dany says in the book that she doesn't worry about getting the pale mare because Targaryens are immune to sicknesses of the common folk. If tyrion didn't get greyscale from Jorah, that would add a lot of fuel to the AJT fire.

This strikes me as one of the better episodes of the season. The long awaited Tyrion & Dany meeting was.... alright. I actually liked Jorah's role in it more. Just his body language and facial expression. That and Tyrion did what he could for him. Tyrion managed to enter into Dany's service standing tall(pardon the pun) even if he did come to her in chains. Sansa and Theon had a great scene and you can really feel where both of them are coming from. You feel sorry for the both of them. I can't say I'm feeling sorry for Cersei at all, though Lena does a wonderful job in the role. Nice to know Kevan's back as well. I'm actually way more interested in show Arya's FM training than I was reading the books. Not sure why, but maybe the brevity of it? I dunno. Looks like they're gonna skip the blindness though, maybe I'm wrong. Not sure what the point of Sam and Olly's conversation was. Except maybe putting a nugget in our minds that he isn't going to betray Jon? I dunno. And finally... the wilding/Other battle. Well that was some nice eye candy. I definitely loved the giant and hope he was able to swim out. His one caption was hilarious. It was nice to see the VS=Dragonsteel finally confirmed too. Seems like they blew a huge amount of effects money on that battle it makes me wonder if that's our moneyshot for the season. Certainly next episode's preview seems to be moving on to Stannis marching, Dorne and Jon returning. Not sure if we're going to get to the Battle of Winter this season though and Ramsay's "raid" is just a way to keep us interested. A lot of material left to cover and only two episodes left to do it, makes me think we're not going to see the outcome of Stannis' attack until next year.

OK, how about this for a wild idea: Brienne rescues Shireen. Not Sansa who likely has her own ideas on ways out.

dany says in the book that she doesn't worry about getting the pale mare because Targaryens are immune to sicknesses of the common folk. If tyrion didn't get greyscale from Jorah, that would add a lot of fuel to the AJT fire.

Yeah for sure, there are so many hints in the book eg. The old man of the river and moquorros reading from the night fire on the stinky steward. May still be red herrings but the show keeps them coming. Love it

I'm not usually critical if mistakes by the showrunners but word of Maester Aemon's death apparently already received by Tyrion in Mereen? He told Dany she is the "last living Targareyen". Strange considering he met Aemon and got on rather well with him. A history buff like Tyrion isn't likely to forget mentioning someone like Aemon Targareyen especially considering he spent time with him

Frankly, Ramsay assaulting a camp of 6,000 soldiers with just 20 men is ridiculous.

Hey, sometimes a bro just has to fall on a grenade. I'm just hoping it's fun to watch and makes some sort of rational sense