[Book Spoilers] EP508 Discussion

Ran

How about we wait to find out?

They almost certainly have a reason.

Getting rather fed up of complaints about continuity errors in episodes not yet screened.

Or we could speculate about what possible reason there would be for this since this is a thread for discussion. Of course being a gripe always works too.

I am a diehard show supporter through and through. No need to pick a fight with someone on the same side. If the reason for this is because EW hasn't been addressed too much in the showverse then fine I guess they couldn't make it south of the wall for some reason. I have a feeling it won't even be addressed.

Edited by TheWhiteRabbit

Or we could speculate about what possible reason there would be for this since this is a thread for discussion. Of course being a gripe always works too.

Spectacular! A post denouncing posts

ETA: Not your post.....quote fail on my part

Edited by dannyk65

Because creatively it must have made sense to D&D, because they wanted it to happen

also not to go all meta on you, but what is wrong with the D&D point? All creation is an act of will, and enough logic will be found.

Robb Stark marrying some random westerling because of a 1 night stand?

Oliver Twist's family connection?

the Mad Woman in the attic in Jane Eyre causing a fire?

Hamlet killing Polonius?

Writers play at god as they create, it happens. We get to judge the artistic merit of what results, not quibble about why they did it.

Well, it would be rather nice if some people round here would accept the possibility that the showrunners might be cleverer than they are and know what they are doing, it being their job after all.

One of the things everyone learns very quickly at MIT is that there are people at MIT that are much smarter than they are. If you are very very lucky you discover that even though there are folk who are smarter than you are in general, there are some areas in which you might be on a par with them and on a really good day exceed them.

D&D are actually very clever and they do seem to know what they are doing a lot better than the average poster here.

also not to go all meta on you, but what is wrong with the D&D point? All creation is an act of will, and enough logic will be found.

Robb Stark marrying some random westerling because of a 1 night stand?

Oliver Twist's family connection?

the Mad Woman in the attic in Jane Eyre causing a fire?

Hamlet killing Polonius?

Writers play at god as they create, it happens. We get to judge the artistic merit of what results, not quibble about why they did it.

Just tough to give them the benefit of the doubt with their 'creative' additions featuring rape, mindless sexual cliches, and rape

Well, it would be rather nice if some people round here would accept the possibility that the showrunners might be cleverer than they are and know what they are doing, it being their job after all.

One of the things everyone learns very quickly at MIT is that there are people at MIT that are much smarter than they are. If you are very very lucky you discover that even though there are folk who are smarter than you are in general, there are some areas in which you might be on a par with them and on a really good day exceed them.

D&D are actually very clever and they do seem to know what they are doing a lot better than the average poster here.

Well, thanks for that used diaper

Spectacular! A post denouncing posts

ETA: Not your post.....quote fail on my part

All I am saying is that it is pretty ridiculous to assume that the most likely explanation of a preview of the next TWO episodes is that the producers made an elementary continuity error.

Ratings and revenue says otherwise. Have fun waiting 5 more years for the next book and another 10 for the final book.

I feel sorry for you. You wont know the masterpiece that is asoiaf only the cheap rip off the show is even with that great scene at hardhome.

Wish they will show more of the white walkers. Other issues from King's landing and Mereen seem silly now compared to the bigger fight.

I think this is the big picture of the entire series. All of this waste over who controls the IT when the real fight is up north. I believe show Osha pointed that out in season 1.

You sound like a broken record. It's possible for D&D to make a mistake or lots of them. They work on this show none stop, 5 years into the job mistakes are bound to creep in.

One of things I learned very quickly in self-importantville was that there are a lot of people in self-importantville who are more self-important than I am; but on a good day when I am very very lucky I am more self important than they are or at least on par with their self-importance.