[Book Spoilers] EP508 Discussion

Ran

Very impressed, this show has lost me as a whole, but this episode was on point, everything at Hardhome was done well.

I really can't majorly fault this episode,

Only nitpicks are the Reek/Sansa convo humanized Reek into Theon too much and the Tyrion/Dany convo was good but kind of repetitive.

Other than that, I would probably give this ep a perfect score.

Question, who were those guys with Bolton and Ramsey discussing strategy? Were they other Northern Lords, or Bolton folks? If the former then I'm happy at least there are SOME people that Sansa might be able to turn if The North really Remembers...

Edited by A spoon of knife and fork

You sound like a broken record. It's possible for D&D to make a mistake or lots of them. They work on this show none stop, 5 years into the job mistakes are bound to creep in.

Well maybe people should wait till they actually make a mistake rather than making lame predictions that they are about to make a blunder in the next. And if they do make a mistake, maybe they should accept that maybe its an honest one rather than trying to impress us all with their epic denunciations of plot holes to come.

Question, who were those guys with Bolton and Ramsey discussing strategy? Were they other Northern Lords, or Bolton folks? If the former then I'm happy at least there are SOME people that Sansa might be able to turn if The North really Remembers...

Steelshanks mayhaps. pretty sure he's still a cast member, sort of.

Wow I think we've found the show equivalent of our famous book snobs. Impress people? Give me a break. Either they made a blunder/mistake which is totally fine because most of the time what they put out is great or there will be a legitimate reason why they went with that direction.

IMO it's a fair question and worthy of discussion. I tried to make peace but if you want to continue with your holier than thou routine go ahead.

Edited by TheWhiteRabbit

I would assume they're just Bolton's personal troops, absent some other indicator.

If I was writing the series I would have slid them into season 6 for the following reasons:

1) There is more than enough material this season without them

2) Not much role for them in any of the Westeros plots unless Theon revives

3) Not much point in introducing the dragon beating horn until Danny can make some use of them

4) Keep some book material in reserve.

5) One less set to build and manage.

Danny has to cross the ocean to Westeros in season 6 at which point they can strike all the Mereen sets permanently. That frees up space on the lot for the moot court sequence. They can also show one of the faceless men dropping Balon off a bridge and make a link to the FMs.

It might have always been a brilliant plan from the start to bury the Greyjoy plot for a time when all other book material runs out and there is room to expand upon the world. When things heat up and Reek becomes Theon again, it would be a relevant time to reintroduce the iron islands subplot along with new characters and the horn lore. That would ease the burden of D&D having to go completely off on their own, and give Martin more time to release book material... likely kills a 7 season series though.

Wow I think we've found the show equivalent of our famous book snobs. Impress people? Give me a break. Either they made a blunder/mistake which is totally fine because most of the time what they put out is great or there will be a legitimate reason why they went with that direction.

IMO it's a fair question and worthy of discussion. I tried to make peace but if you want to continue with your holier than thou routine go ahead.

Pointing out they are the other side of the wall is one thing, suggesting they must have come home a strange route another thing entirely.

If his dogs could scare away the freaking pirates, then 20 men can conquer Valyria... :dunno:

Lol. I would bet Yara and those Iron Born are still rowing that boat back to the Iron Islands. They completely destroyed Asha Greyjoy and hope she keeps on rowing that boat to oblivion. Please never be on the show again Yara lol

Lol. I would bet Yara and those Iron Born are still rowing that boat back to the Iron Islands. They completely destroyed Asha Greyjoy and hope she keeps on rowing that boat to oblivion. Please never be on the show again Yara lol

Maybe her and Gendry will run into each other.