[Book Spoilers] EP508 Discussion

Ran

I didn't understand why Jorah wants to be in the pit again.

Make me think he has some plan, like killing Tyrion or Daario or Hizdahr.

I know it doesn't make much sense, but why else would he want to be a slave again?

The way I see it is that it's his only chance to see her again. He had this whole plan to get back into her good graces by bringing her "a gift" I bet he saw it playing out in his head that she would forgive him and take him back. So after getting kicked out AGAIN he pretty much realized that nothing that he does will make a difference. Add to that the fact that he's dying from greyscale, and in his mind one last chance to see her again and be in the presence of the woman he loves is probably worth spending the rest of his life as a slave since either way he'll be miserable without her. Edited by Crown of Winter Roses

My only gripe about Hardhome was the fact that the whites have turned into Resident Evil zombies.

They haven't. They aren't moving at a snails pace and they are immune to head trauma. They're fast and really fucking hard to deal with. They're the exact opposite of RE/TWD Zombies.

At the battle of Hardhome I actualy wished Victarion to show up with Iron Fleet to save them.

Victarion is not a savior, he was more likely to take sides with Darth Maul (an avatar of the drowned god, for what is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.) than to take the wildings to safety.

Great episode - Battle budget for the season very well spent

Fwiw this is a "deviation" but at the same time it is kind of what Fist of the First Men should have been which we didn't see at all on the show

Enjoyed the Fire/Ice them coming up in Jon Snow once again this season, eg we saw Melisandre looking at him through the flames at the end of last season and that for mine had its twin with the Nights King looking at him from the edge of the pier

As for the pace of movement, I wasn't too bothered, seemed similar to how Othor etc moved back in LC Mormonts chambers

Enjoyed the Dany/Tyrion dialogue in an Ara/Tywin at Harrenhall kind of way. Dany needs less fawning yes men around her

Victarion is not a savior, he was more likely to take sides with Darth Maul (an avatar of the drowned god, for what is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.) than to take the wildings to safety.

Just on this theme, no accident that Victarion is turning up in Slavers Bay and ironically saving Dany from the Slavers Fleet (despite Dragonhorn plant) at the same time as Cotter Pyke is turning up at Hardhome (and being mistaken for Slavers despite it being a rescue mission) and talking about "Dead things in the water"

Ironborn with the exception of some factions are oriented towards the Others/Night's King

I'm not usually critical if mistakes by the showrunners but word of Maester Aemon's death apparently already received by Tyrion in Mereen? He told Dany she is the "last living Targareyen". Strange considering he met Aemon and got on rather well with him. A history buff like Tyrion isn't likely to forget mentioning someone like Aemon Targareyen especially considering he spent time with him

Lots of posts regarding this but what Tyrion actually said was that there is no one with Dany's name left to support her and that is very true wheather Aemon is alive or not. Aemon is in the night's watch and they don't envolve themselves with politics so Aemon would not be in a situation to support Dany, So clearly this was not a mistake in the show, what they wrote Tyrion to say was the truth as Tyrion knows it. I don't mind critisism on the show when there's a reason for it but wanted to point this out 'cos I thought that a lot of people might have missed what Tyrion actually said.

Would be a good time for "Lanna" to remember that she is Arya by having a dream of Nymeria before the day she should kill the man.

In the dream Nymeria and her massive crew is stalking a small group of about 20men through the snow.

Arya wakes up and sees Trant later that day.

Ramsay forced to retreat due to Nymeria.

No indications Nymeria will ever show up again but just came to mind so figured Id chuck it out there.

Would be a good time for "Lanna" to remember that she is Arya by having a dream of Nymeria before the day she should kill the man.

In the dream Nymeria and her massive crew is stalking a small group of about 20men through the snow.

Arya wakes up and sees Trant later that day.

Ramsay forced to retreat due to Nymeria.

No indications Nymeria will ever show up again but just came to mind so figured Id chuck it out there.

what a clever little idea. God it would be nice for Wolves to hunt down Ramsey....

Does anyone else think that Sansa will task Brienne with finding Bran and Rickon now that she knows they are alive?

then in the last scene of the last epuisode, brienne stumbles across the BWB. I can dream.

I thought that maybe that's how Davos would get set on his treck to find Rickon. He's with Stannis, so Theon and Sansa escape, find Stannis' camp, and she tells him that Bran nad rickon are still alive, he sends Davos out looking.

then in the last scene of the last epuisode, brienne stumbles across the BWB. I can dream.

I thought that maybe that's how Davos would get set on his treck to find Rickon. He's with Stannis, so Theon and Sansa escape, find Stannis' camp, and she tells him that Bran nad rickon are still alive, he sends Davos out looking.

Yes! My thoughts exactly, seeing as how Manderly is out of the equation (and following fake Sansa storyline) she and Theon escapes and gets taken to Stannis and then Sansa swears Stark loyalty in exchange for Davos finding Bran and Rickon.

Only problem I have with this theory is the Skagos connection which might be difficult to weave in.

Edited by Menotti