[Book Spoilers] EP508 Discussion

Ran

Question tho...

If the scenes with Jon and the NW don't lead to stabby stabby, what comes next? We're about to the end of the book's tale concerning the NW, so what does anyone think should come next?

The WWs are real and on the move. Will they come along the Wall, searching for the tunnels? Or will they retreat back to the farthest north?

The NW is in a hard place, regardless of what move they make. If they decide to remove Jon, do they trust doing so with proof the Others are on the way? Wouldn't that be the worst time to have a revolt? Is this something else that might be glossed over to save time?

As we wind down to the end of this season, and the total episode count shortens, I'm afraid what else may get 'cut for time's sake'. There are still so many pieces of the chessboard that need to be moved into place before the series final that we may find ourselves moving faster and faster now that there are no published books to adhere to.

When Jon killed the White Walker, it's Ice blade fell to the ground. He should have took it as a trophy to prove that he killed a White Walker and maybe it could have been used against other White Walkers. Maybe, they can be harmed by their own weapons? Although, I understand the situation was not suitable for strategic thoughts. Amongst the panic, he probably never even considered the Walkers weapon lying there.

When Sam killed the WW (s 03? 04?), didn't the blade melt together with him? Not that at this point I'd expect the show to be consistent, but still.

When Sam killed the WW (s 03? 04?), didn't the blade melt together with him? Not that at this point I'd expect the show to be consistent, but still.

No, you can see that blade on the ground in the middle of the ice chips. Remember all the threads with people asking why Sam didn't take it with him?

I was thinking about the WW weapon too.... Nice if you want to go around shattering your enemy's steel weapons... but bad if you have to be a WW to make it work.

Edited by ShadowKitteh

No, you can see that blade on the ground in the middle of the ice chips. Remember all the threads with people asking why Sam didn't take it with him?

I was thinking about the WW weapon too.... Nice if you want to go around shattering your enemy's steel weapons... but bad if you have to be a WW to make it work.

I just watched the clip, and the WW isn't carrying a blade that I can see. If he is, it's sheathed because he doesn't have anything on his hands. The blade on the ground after he melts is the obsidian blade Sam used to stab him.

and they are all wolfs not dragons ...

Arya wargs the cat in the rafters to catch the Kindly Man when she's blind. Bran wargs Hodor (shades of Maaaster-Blaster). Jon, being somewhat dimmer about these things than a true Stark, doesn't quite get his link with Ghost dialed in, but we all know it's just because he's so busy busy busy in his head.