[Poll] How would you rate episode 508?

Ran

How would you rate episode 508?  

998 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I don't even know why I kept watching the TV series .... until this episode.

Tyrion meets Dany ... and the dialouge is the best in show so far.

And the Others have arrived!

Hopefully, the earlier flaws were just necessary for them to get on track for this.

Heh, first excellent episode in all of season 5.

I thought Valyrian steel was something different from dragonglass. Maybe in the next book Valyrian steel will kill a white walker too...

Pretty sure both dragon glass and Valyrian Steel both need Dragon's fire to be created. That seems to be the key ingredient to creating something that can kill them.

Hopefully, the earlier flaws were just necessary for them to get on track for this.

Couldn't agree more....LOVED IT.

And I've been beyond disappointment with all of season 5 until this. Hopefully they can keep it up through the end of the season.

Also: No rape this episode FTW

Yeah, right, Tyrion was accepted so easily, Danny wants democracy, Reek confessed, facelessmen kills for justice, and these cheesy things of the white walkers, yeah right

I'll give it a 9. The Hardhome set-piece was quite well done, though it doesn't match up to Neil Marshall's work in "Blackwater" and "The Watchers on the Wall". That said, the fast wights -- particularly the Harryhausen-esque hopping, running skeletal wights -- are not a favorite aspect of mine. Braavos was excellent, and Cersei's scenes were again a refreshing change for Headey's usual performances. Tyrion and Dany... a lot more issues with that, but this is due to structural decisions made by the writers, namely making Tyrion arrive at a point in time where everything seems settled in Meereen and he has nothing to do until Daenerys eventually goes west (obviously, we know that's not a permanent state of affairs... but it's a far cry from the much tenser, much more fraught situation in which Tyrion arrives in the novels).

Yeah, the zombies looked and acted too much like they do in modern zombie stories for my taste. Fast, climbing over everything, and then all the biting - they still can use weapons, right?

The banter between Dany and Tyrion was really good for me, although hearing them interrelate on the personal stuff is something we, the book readers, have been waiting for a while to hear. Could be the excitement of seeing that come to a head, I suppose.

That was a Stark looking at you Jon Snow. The Night's King is coming for you. The last scene was probably the best thing I've seen on TV in a long time.

Was that the Night's King? I agree that the last scene was great. I could have watched those two watch one another for a while longer, even. Just a great episode.

Was Sam's line "Jon Always comes back" or something like that, foreshadowing his come back in AWOW??

I had the exact same thought. Definetely forshadowing...

Also, when Jon was fighting the Walker I had the feeling the Walker "recognized"him...or some sort of power/uniqueness in him...we shall see..

Was that the Night's King? I agree that the last scene was great. I could have watched those two watch one another for a while longer, even. Just a great episode.

I thought it was, and it was kind of confirmed IMO in the 'inside' with D&D by the less douchey D. He called him the Night King a few times.

That meeting of Tyrion and Dany must take place in Winds, have a feeling it will be like that.

Emilia seemed to hark back to the Dany of Season 3 episode 4.

'Breaking the wheel' did not come off as klunker quite the opposite.

Well now that puts The Others in the drives seat who cares about Kings Landing anymore?!!

It was a 10.