[Poll] How would you rate episode 508?

Ran

How would you rate episode 508?  

998 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

10. So easily 10. This was one of the best episodes, if not the best. It outshone Blackwater which (call it blasphemy, I guess) I've long thought was actually overrated. This was just so OUTSTANDING. And it wasn't just the Hardhome scenes. The Tyrion/Dany scenes, the Cersei scenes, the Arya scenes, the Reek/Sansa scene, the Bolton scene, every scene was just so damn good.... and then you have the Hardhome scenes followed by that battle scene that redefined freaking EPIC! One of the best hours of television I've ever seen.

ETA: And I say this as someone who is actually enjoying season 05.

Edited by arabian

Those who voted a 1 show yourselves and list your silly reasons why so we can laugh at you.

I'm constantly refreshing this thread to see if any haters show up. It's fun to read dissenting opinions, especially when they're wrong.

I'm constantly refreshing this thread to see if any haters show up. It's fun to read dissenting opinions, especially when they're wrong.

If someone didn't like the episode that's fine everyone's entitled to their opinion, but so many complaints are just so dumb.

Edited by Kerouac's Teeth

10/10

Absolutely amazing.

I wasn't at all expecting this episode to be that good, but I loved pretty much everything about it: Tyrion and Dany, Cersei and Qyburn, and everything to do with the Watch and the Wildlings (I forgot about Arya, but then again, their adaptation of that has been underwhelming for me).

That battle easily topped both the Blackwater and the Wall in intensity and choreography -- a pure spectactle. Better yet, this episode also gave me hope for an epic Dany dragon taming moment, which previously I'd been telling myself not to get my hopes up for because it would probably turn out to be shit.

Edited by kephv

Definitely a 10/10!

I would love to read them too. And some people who swore never watch the show again two weeks ago, and right now are here commenting.

Yes, because isn't it amazing how epic this show can be when it doesn't go for cheap and easy exploitative scenes?

I was viewing the forum 2 weeks ago when everyone said they were done with the show. It was hilarious because everyone knows you will watch next week no matter what. You have invested way too much into the show to just give up.

This episode was amazing.

Not exactly funny for the readers and viewers who are survivors of assault, but yes, we all do have quite a bit invested, thanks.

To both of you: "I told you so" is never a good look.

Definitely a 10/10!

Yes, because isn't it amazing how epic this show can be when it doesn't go for cheap and easy exploitative scenes?

Not exactly funny for the readers and viewers who are survivors of assault, but yes, we all do have quite a bit invested, thanks.

So I guess all media should adjust and censor itself because bad things have happened to people in real life. Grow some skin.

Definitely a 10/10!

i kind of agree. i sort of get the logic of those who rate from 1 to 10 in a rather dramatic way [ even if i think its way too variable]. Its still far different from being a "hater" which is what the rather sad individuals rating this episode low are...

This is a confusing season. So many cheap cliches, clumsy writing, heavy-handed foreshadowing, etc, but then there have been moments of greatness here and there all season. In this episode, the great moments vastly outweighed the bad. In fact, there weren't really any bad moments at all. Not only has this been an episode that stands above the rest this season, but I would place it in my top five, maybe even top three episodes of the entire series across all seasons.

Bravo, Game of Thrones. It was nice to be back in the world of ASOIAF watching you again. Please keep it up!

Voted 9. Very solid episode plus now we see where most of the damn budget went. No wonder Dorne is Corn Flakes.

I think the battle in this episode lasted a bit too long but w/e I'm glad it's over. Yea it was awesome but I am more interested in seeing what Ramsay and his "20 good men" end up doing. (It reminds me of the time Yara said the same damn thing.) Anyway, I am looking forward to Dazaks pit and also what's going on in KL..

Only 2 episodes left! Hopefully I can rate one of those a 10 before the season ends!

Edited by abacabb