[Poll] How would you rate episode 508?

Ran

How would you rate episode 508?  

998 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I rarely ever give 10s because it's so hard for anything to be perfect. I gave this episode a 10 because I honestly don't know how I could have been any more entertained, on the edge of my seat, and fixated on the screen more than I was for that hour. I mean blockbuster movies with an unlimited budget could only dream of having the sequences of scenes that Game of Thrones achieved at Hardhome tonight.

Cat of the Canals (or Lana of the Canals was it?) and Cersei in the Cells, and Sansa & Theon were all very strong scenes in their own right to support this wonderful episode.

Tyrion & Dany was fine up until the last part about 'the wheel' which was very hammy and lame. But, hey, who cares right?

Best episode this season. Maybe the best yet. Battle of hardhome was awesome and rest of the episode was quiet good. I feel that people who give this episode a low(below 5) rating should not continue watching the series. It wont get better than this. 10/10.

I rarely ever give 10s because it's so hard for anything to be perfect. I gave this episode a 10 because I honestly don't know how I could have been any more entertained, on the edge of my seat, and fixated on the screen more than I was for that hour. I mean blockbuster movies with an unlimited budget could only dream of having the sequences of scenes that Game of Thrones achieved at Hardhome tonight.

Cat of the Canals (or Lana of the Canals was it?) and Cersei in the Cells, and Sansa & Theon were all very strong scenes in their own right to support this wonderful episode.

Tyrion & Dany was fine up until the last part about 'the wheel' which was very hammy and lame. But, hey, who cares right?

are you serious?

I have 10 pages to go back and read but this is the first episode in a long time I have given a ten to.

Sansa finding out her brothers are alive was one of the most gutwrenching, hopeful scenes I have seen in a long time because the moment she found out,, I had this insane flashback of all the shit she has been through and this was the first real sign of hope she has had since the first season. Maybe my favorite Sansa scene of the entire series. I was thinking of everything... Ned dying, Joffrey torturing, Red Wedding, Theon taking WInterfell, marrying both Tyrion and Bolton... and now she has hope her entire family isn't dead. Combined with last week's reveal that Jon was Lord Commander and I see a light at the end of her tunnel.

The Tyrion-Dany stuff was pretty great in my view. Tyrion played everything perfectly and I enjoyed their dialogue.

The Wildling battle was awesome. It also made sure that any Wildling that survived had no doubts that they made the right decision to get on those boats. Winter is here!!!

I gave it a 10. I never give a 10 because I think that should be for something that is absolutely perfect, but I watched it episode again and said what the hell, let's make it a 10.

My only question is if water stops the army of the dead, why didn't Bran the Builder build a moat or canal instead of a wall? I did not realize that water stopped them. Maybe their bones separate in the water and float away.

Anyway, it was a great episode!!

Great episode. My first ten of the season. I'm normally not a fan of extended battle scenes. I think they're boring. Last season's battle at the wall was kind of a yawn. But I am a fan of zombies. This episode was white walkers on steroids. In the books the whites are not yet the immanent threat that they were shown to be in this episode.

Cyvasse Khal, on 31 May 2015 - 10:26 PM, said:snapback.png

are you serious?

Haha I was thinking the same thing about the bolded part

Ya that was epic and really gratifying. So many pay offs patient (growing impatient...) book readers have waited for. Tyrion & Dany, Sansa learns about her brothers, getting up close and personal with the White Walkers and the Night's King. Always things to quibble with but really, it's an amazing production and effort and while we can all find things to bitch about with this season, the last few episodes of the season, especially starting with tonight, I think will stand out among the best efforts to date. (and let's not forget, plenty of book readers bitch about the source material as well as far as where GRRM took the story in books 4 & 5.)

Ya that was epic and really gratifying. So many pay offs patient (growing impatient...) book readers have waited for. Tyrion & Dany, Sansa learns about her brothers, getting up close and personal with the White Walkers and the Night's King. Always things to quibble with but really, it's an amazing production and effort and while we can all find things to bitch about with this season, the last few episodes of the season, especially starting with tonight, I think will stand out among the best efforts to date. (and let's not forget, plenty of book readers bitch about the source material as well as far as where GRRM took the story in books 4 & 5.)

Pfft

I gave it a 9. A really solid episode through and through. Loved the Tyrion and Dany stuff, some great writing between the two of them I thought. Loved seeing Arya get into character. Was happy to see Sansa find out about Bran and Rickon. The Hardhome stuff was pretty phenomenal, I think we got some book spoilers there concerning the Night King and Valyrian Steel. The reason I didn't give it a 10 is because I didn't think the Hardhome stuff was as good as others were saying, I'm not much of a zombie fan, so the action sequences fighting the skeletons and stuff were just meh. But everything involving a White Walker was amazing, and seeing them just raise the dead was brilliant.

Also, whoever that woman wildling was, she became my favorite one-off character. Bravo to her.

Hardhome had this very... Titanic vibe to it as well - minus the mushy love story. Everything from Karsi putting the girls in the boat and saying she'd get in a later one, to Loboda closing the "Wighter"-Tight doors, to the icebergs and cold, to the rushing to the boats... its a good thing imo.

It was like Lord of the Rings meets Titanic.

Oh good, I wasn't the only one who thought of Titanic, haha!