[Poll] How would you rate episode 508?

Ran

How would you rate episode 508?  

998 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Yeah they nailed the WTF?!?!?! look on the White Walkers face too!

Big cheer for the Ice Spiders Easter egg, thought they'd be too Fantasyish for the show but they are perfect for climbing the Wall so....

Yeah she did great, was a nice slice of the missing Val, I think the point there though is that they needed to give a face and make people have feeling for the people left behind at Hardhome who got killed, just as Tormund had to be face of alliance, Rattleshirt the face of resistance, Chiefteness the face of convinced, the Thenn as the face of resistant but who came round once he saw the bigger picture, Dolorous Edd will probably be the face of NW resistant but who came round when he sees the bigger picture (reckon he will play a part in convincing Throne to open the gates)

this- aside from the fight itself, the narrative economy was fantastic

Honestly if you can't enjoy that episode then the show really isn't for you. That's basically a taste of everything the show and books are building too. The sequence was absolutely epic, yet people there are calling it "boring, stupid, pathetic" in the face of universal acclaim. It's pretty laughable.

That is not true. I did not enjoyed this episode that much and gave it 7 as oposite to 10 for the previous episode. I like GoT for the political stuff and for its many interesting characters. I dont like The Wall storyline and Jon. This episode had very little to offer for me because Jon part took half of the episode. That does not mean the show isnt for me, it is in fact my favorite show.

Edited by Mingolla

WOW that episode was insane. A ten out of ten for sure. Every scene was incredible. I was on the edge of my seat throughout the whole episode.

Things do look a bit bleak for my guy Jorah right now but I still he will survive the season, I mean why would they give him greyscale to then kill him off in the pit within the next 2 episodes. That doesn't make sense.

Really pissed off with Tyrion. He said there was no-one more devoted to Dany than Jorah and then told her that he shouldn't be by her side. :bang:

WOW that episode was insane. A ten out of ten for sure. Every scene was incredible. I was on the edge of my seat throughout the whole episode.

Things do look a bit bleak for my guy Jorah right now but I still he will survive the season, I mean why would they give him greyscale to then kill him off in the pit within the next 2 episodes. That doesn't make sense.

Really pissed off with Tyrion. He said there was no-one more devoted to Dany than Jorah and then told her that he shouldn't be by her side. :bang:

I like the way you think...about Jorah.He will make it to Westeros and then whole greysclae will spread like a wildfire.

I like the way you think...about Jorah.He will make it to Westeros and then whole greysclae will spread like a wildfire.

dont worry ..dany will try to save him next episode when she sees him in the pits and forgive him

I loved it. The Dany/Tyrion scenes were promising. The battle was unexpected ( I haven't gone that far in the books yet) and really well built. When Jon killed the Ww I was left speachless. I guess valyrian steel can also eliminate the walkers. Hat's off to the makers for this episode.

9/10

That is not true. I did not enjoyed this episode that much and gave it 7 as oposite to 10 for the previous episode. I like GoT for the political stuff and for its many interesting characters. I dont like The Wall storyline and Jon. This episode had very little to offer for me because Jon part took half of the episode. That does not mean the show isnt for me, it is in fact my favorite show.

That's fair enough if it's the characters you don't like it's more directed at the people criticising the battle scenes itself against the ultimate enemy, which is basically what the show is building towards. How anyone could criticise the scenes and the tension they created in this episode is beyond me. The production was incredible.

6/10 from me

Hardhome was amazing even if the Moria Goblin/Dungeons and Dragons skeletons were cheesy as hell. The White Walkers were insane. With an army like that Westeros doesn't stand a chance. I don't know how true to future plots they're sticking but I wish Jon had gone to Hardhome instead of "Cottor Pyke??". I was hoping for a glimpse of an Ice Spider.

Tyrion was brilliant this episode.

Cersei on her knees drinking from a puddle. She has fallen far.

Qyburn's work continuing.

Negatives:

All the swearing and Irish/English accents had me constantly face palming.

Emilia Clarke's rubbish acting. I thought she had gotten better but beside Peter Dinklage she has the emotions of a potato.

No question why Jorah and Tyrion had been sold into slavery? The slaver still gets to operate without punishment?

Sansa and Theon scene.

That's fair enough if it's the characters you don't like it's more directed at the people criticising the battle scenes itself against the ultimate enemy, which is basically what the show is building towards. How anyone could criticise the scenes and the tension they created in this episode is beyond me. The production was incredible.

Some of the CG is pretty dodgy - the skeletons on Wun Wun's back looked like they were floating. Also, as Jon's boat pulled away, the NK look kind of pasted in. The mammoths in 409 looked much better in comparison.

I know, it's TV and has a limited budget - but just wondering why, if they can do it great sometimes, why can't they do it great all of the time?

Some of the CG is pretty dodgy - the skeletons on Wun Wun's back looked like they were floating. Also, as Jon's boat pulled away, the NK look kind of pasted in. The mammoths in 409 looked much better in comparison.

I know, it's TV and has a limited budget - but just wondering why, if they can do it great sometimes, why can't they do it great all of the time?

I dunno man, I was pretty enchanted by the whole thing although I only watched once. The skeletons weren't nearly as bad as the randomly appearing things that killed Jojen, these ones actually looked about as realistic as decayed moving skeletons can. It's always going to be difficult to and effectively portray undead creatures and the White Walkers regardless of budget, and realism is obviously going to be an issue with the literally unreal.

I thought it was done about as well as it could have been. I may change my mind on second viewing but at the time I was awestruck by it.

Edited by TeethGrinder

This episode was amazing. Brilliantly paced, very well-acted (except for maybe Emilia Clarke) with a good screenplay and a fantastic direction. Definitely a ten for me. This confirms for me a few things:

1. Valyrian steel has a similar affect to dragon glass

2. Jon's going to be probably the most important factor in the war of the dawn. A wildcard - A Stark and a Targaryen

3. White Walkers are cooler on the show then they are in the books

4. The leader of the White Walker is the Night's King. Now I wonder who he is? A Stark, Bolton, Flint, Ryswell, Dustin?

5. Benioff and Weiss have written the best episodes this season. Making Dany meet Tyrion this early was an excellent decision that payed off.

6. Olly, Allister Thorne and Bowen Marsh are going stabby stabby

Best episode this season. Maybe the best yet. Battle of hardhome was awesome and rest of the episode was quiet good. I feel that people who give this episode a low(below 5) rating should not continue watching the series. It wont get better than this. 10/10.

You know this site has trolls when three people vote to give it a one!

This episode was amazing. Brilliantly paced, very well-acted (except for maybe Emilia Clarke) with a good screenplay and a fantastic direction. Definitely a ten for me. This confirms for me a few things:

1. Valyrian steel has a similar affect to dragon glass

2. Jon's going to be probably the most important factor in the war of the dawn. A wildcard - A Stark and a Targaryen

3. White Walkers are cooler on the show then they are in the books

4. The leader of the White Walker is the Night's King. Now I wonder who he is? A Stark, Bolton, Flint, Ryswell, Dustin?

5. Benioff and Weiss have written the best episodes this season. Making Dany meet Tyrion this early was an excellent decision that payed off.

6. Olly, Allister Thorne and Bowen Marsh are going stabby stabby

This gets a 10 from me.

Loved the Cersei-scenes, loved Hardhome (the mass raise of the dead was impressive and the giant as well), liked Theon and Sansa (she's getting into gear IMO), and I loved Tyrion and Dany.

Arya was also great.

Special mention to Iain Glen.