[Poll] How would you rate episode 508?

Ran

How would you rate episode 508?  

998 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

A skeleton that was raised from the dead would already have eyes that had rot. Skeletons don't grow eyes when animated, they just become live skeletons. However, a corpse reanimated before it rot has blue eyes, like Othor in S1 and the many other blue-eyed wights we saw in the battle. The baby in S4 was presumably made into a White Walker rather than a Wight, but regardless it was living at the time and obviously still had eye balls. I don't know why anyone would expect a rotted corpse-now-skeleton to have eyeballs.

Okay, I actually agree, good explanation. It wasn't a major problem for me, and even less now. Still, I thought the skeletons were silly, I really prefered Othor's wight. It was too much of a zombie apocalypse for me, but if others really liked that part, that really is fine with me - this is an opinion thread after all :p

Well, I thought, this is surprisingly competent and with the lack of fucking up, maybe this is the first episode this season to deserve some higher rating, like 6 or even 7, Emilia's acting next to Peter is not comparable and Sam's scene was pointless, but Cersei, Tyrion and Arya scenes where pretty good, and then fucking pointless badly choreographed CGI skeleton battle, serves me right for getting my hopes up. 4/10

Still salty over the sansa storyline. Also, could careless for the Tyrion-Daenerys meeting. It felt rushed and inconsistent with Daenerys as a character. The vengence filled woman that I was expecting... Daenerys seemed to be pandering more to tyrion then tyrion was pandering to daenerys. She held all the cards in that situation.

I find it insane that a lot of people (I assume non-book readers) have been giving every episode up until now a 9 or 10. Before last week's 7, I have not gone higher than a 5 with mostly 3's and 4's for ratings. And after last night's show, which I gave a 9, there are people giving it a 4 or 5. I am simply dumbfounded.

I find it insane that a lot of people (I assume non-book readers) have been giving every episode up until now a 9 or 10. Before last week's 7, I have not gone higher than a 5 with mostly 3's and 4's for ratings. And after last night's show, which I gave a 9, there are people giving it a 4 or 5. I am simply dumbfounded.

Opinions differ - we don't all like the same things. I usually don't like long action sequences and prefer the intrigues, for others it's the other way round. There are good reasons to really like this epiodes and good reasons to not like it at all.

Some people are easily pleased and impressed, while others impossible to.

Gave it a well deserved 9. First decent episode of the season , only episode this season where I haven't found myself switching off! Where to start :

Mereen : enjoyed Tyrion and Daenarys finally meeting overall but found some of it a bit rushed and Danny's final decision quite rushed when deciding what to do with Tyrion but no major complaints. Felt so bad for Jorah ,he luvs ya khaleesi! Understood why she had to banish him though , wish she would forgive him :(

Kingslanding: oooo girl! That's gotta hurt , septa unella is a bad ass taking no crap from Cersei. Was nice for Cersei to finally get what's coming to her, looking forward to next episode to see where that goes

Bravos: small nitpick ,wish they hadn't changed cat of the canals name didn't see a need for it. Also hate that waif girl! Can't stand her any episode so far she really annoys me. Was nice to finally see arya become someone else and get her first job so to speak.

Winterfell : loved that Sansa finally got told her younger brothers are still alive , I hope it gives her the hope she needs and finally gets to use the cork screw sometime soon. Sansa and theon worked brilliantly together . Wonder what Ramsay has up his sleeve in regards to stannis!

Wall : yawn another olly montage - really hammering home that ollys upset about John allying with the wildlings we've heard the same story every episode I think! (Ok, might be slight exaggeration, but close!)

Hard home: the good stuff , kept me on the edge of my seat.the set amazing and they set up the atmosphere really well.loved karsi, wish she'd not become weightified ,she did a great job , she didn't get to see her kids ;( ! Nights king looked much better this season still getting darth maul vibes though. Minor nitpick- wights where not what I imagined they moved so much faster than I thought they would ,seemed a bit silly at times .also bit weird how you can stomp their heads in with ease but they can fling themselves several hundred feet from a cliff ,survive the impact and then do their death sprint but overall amazing episode can't wait for the next episode ,first time this season I've said that so they've done something right

I gave it 10. It was an awesome episode...and it is proof that some changes can work wonderful.

I do not care much about Arya's story and Sam's scenes. The episode could have been even better if these scenes weren't in it.

I like the torture Cersei is going through (Confessssss).

Tyrion and Dany were ok. I liked some of the lines, others were predictable.

I liked the way Sansa's face and tone changed when she found out her little brothers were not killed. Great acting from Alfie.

I'm curious what Ramsay will do and if he will succeed or fail.

The battle of Hardhome was fantastic. I could not believe my eyes. Now it's clear where the real war is (even for non-readers). This was a great change. I like how we finally get to see more of the Others and their army of dead. The scenes sent me chills. They added the element of horror and I loved every bit of it.

Sure ... unless you are literate. :read:

Definitely the best episode this season though, I gave it a 7. Unfortunately:

• The writers "don't give two shits" about "what the fuck are you looking at" (or listen to) -- this 21st c. dialogue is appalling. :bs:

Sam basically told Olly to shank Jon if he feels what he is doing is right... :uhoh:

Hardhome was exciting, but far too much revealed about the Others -- and the skeletal, supercharged zombies are cheesy and far less creepy than the slow, shambling fleshed dead. :fencing:

It really didn't take much for Reek to admit that he didn't kill Bran and Rickon. :dunno:

Edit: Also, no "dead things in the water"... :frown5:

You nailed it.

The entire last half hour, I kept thinking how skellies reminded me of Jason and the Argonauts circa 1963. No where near the high water mark set by Blackwater.

This season has set the bar so low, yet I still can only muster a 7 of 10 when I compare to the past four seasons.

10. Only because hardhome saved this episode.

Sad to say the girl who plays Sansa isn't acting the role very well. That scene's only good actor was alfie (:bowdown: amazing actor), Sophie was very meh.

Why isn't Arya changing faces?

And I don't understand, has Jorah's greyscale infected the statue. I could see that being true. Greyscale will replace the pale mare.

Hate how bad they make the faith look. It would be perfectly okay if they had book cersei but it doesn't work with how they are doing it.

But hardhome :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: just amazing. Seriously.

The quality of this episode deserved the title of epsiode 9 (since episode 9 is when shit goes down. Examples Ned's death, Blackwater bay, Red wedding, Battle at castle black). So I'm expecting extremely high quality for next week's episode

I actually rewatched this when I saw how many 10/10s it got. But nope, I'm sticking with 7/10

Confess. Confess. Confess. Confess. Confess. FINE. I will fucking confess. I stole all the camera lights from the Game of Thrones sets, that's why the scenes are so dark that I can only see my own reflection. There. My cleavege is way more interesting than 80% of the scenes, that's why I stole your bloody lights, so I can stare at myself on the laptop screen for 40 minutes and see boobs on the show even when there aren't any included in the script. May I have some water now?

So the many faced god hates banks. Government approves. How old is Arya again? I liked the outfit though. But the lighting... dang it, the lighting killing me.

Confess. Confess. Confess. What? Am I supposed to feel sorry for Cersei now?

Presenting King Tommen of the House Baratheon. Kitten loving fifteen-year-old with huge libido who is king of seven kingdoms yet all he can do when he doesn't like something is sulk in his room and refuse to eat dinner. Can we have Joffrey back, please?

Confess. Confess. Confess. ALRIGHT. I shall confess. I freaking LOVE Ramsay. Iwan Rheon is killing it.

So the difference between being almost-wardeness of the North noblewoman and bastard wildling daughter at Castle Black is...... ? Because it's definitely not having a fire to make warmth in a snowstorm. Or candles to light the dark room you are sitting in all day.

Confess. Confess. Confess. Well, I must confess I don't understand Sansa. Is that what she learned from Littlefinger? To be outspoken and assertive and vengeful because that's what the cool kids do? Well the cool kids are now locked in similarly dark cells as Sansa's and being assertively and vengefully outspoken isn't even getting them water. Obviously it wasn't her idea that Ramsay takes 20 good man and leave a feast for crows - scratch that, blue eyed skeleton zombie maker blue eyed non-skeleton zombies. So what's her character development? Snarling at the mentally and physically disabled because they deserve it? I'm not saying they don't, but where's that getting her?

Ollie. Olly. Whoever. Come in. Let's have a friendly chat about Jon, because we haven't heard enough times already that the wildlings killed your mom and dad and you don't want the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch (that took you in and fed you so you wouldn't die after the wildlings killed your mom and dad) to do whatever he sees fit, because you obviously know more about the wildlings and the real enemy beyond the Wall having lived with the wildlings for month and having visited beyond the Wall multiple times yourself. Wait... god, my memory's failing me. That was the Lord Commander wasn't it?

Confess. Confess. Confess. Alright, lady, I heard you the first time, I'll confess. I think Tyrion and Daenerys had the first stimulating conversation that happened over wine since Robert Baratheon explained Cersei Lannister that one is a bigger number than five.

Lord of Bones. Lord of Bones? What did you say? What did you---? Is he alive? Does that mean Mance is dead? Does that mean there was no magic trick? Oh never mind, he isn't alive anymore. Elders. Elders? Like Leo Wyatt? Oh never mind, look at all the gender equality. Barking. Barking? Wouldn't dogs freeze at Hardhome? Oh crap never mind, this doesn't look good, oh no, this doesn't look good, oh shit... What the F are they staring at? Get on the bloody boats! Close the gate, come on, like a wooden fence will protect you from the--- What on EARTH is THAT? Are those armed undead skeletons? Where's Captain Barbossa and the Black Bloody Pearl? I have some bloody apples for him! Oh the shit is soooo deep, it's deeper than in Tyrion's traveling barrel. Look at that fancy black armor, hell these guys do need it to keep warm and protected... Jon Snow, you are so screwed. Wait. No. Ahahaha. Jon Snow blade can stop the dead man's blade! Jon Snow is Isildur's heir! Oh come on, Lady GenderEquality won't see her cute kids again, I never ever saw that coming... YES, they are finally running. Oh Tormund, you sweetheart, don't cry. Even the Others are like, Come, have a hug. And then someone switched on the motorboat mode.

Seriously, it wasn't a bad episode, but it didn't impress me either. It was enjoyable to watch, but I wouldn't call it epic. And the amount of self-references and Lord of the Rings references were just a tad too high. It was also a tad bit boring. And skeletons? Seriously? The Others just lay down to beauty industry? What happened to those plus size wights from season 1? What sort of body image is this show even presenting? Don't they realize they are late to the game? This is Kim Kardashian's decade. This is Nicki Minaj's decade. This is BodyShapeEquality decade. Give me back the season 1 wights. Give me back the camera lights.

I gave it a solid 10. The chaos at Hardhome once everyone realised what was going on, the sheer number of the undead, then the Others themselves showing up! Also loved Longclaw shattering the White Walker, finally we have an answer as to whether or not Valyrian steel works against them. All in all it really shows just how much of a threat the White Walkers are.

I actually rewatched this when I saw how many 10/10s it got. But nope, I'm sticking with 7/10

Confess. Confess. Confess. Confess. Confess. FINE. I will fucking confess. I stole all the camera lights from the Game of Thrones sets, that's why the scenes are so dark that I can only see my own reflection. There. My cleavege is way more interesting than 80% of the scenes, that's why I stole your bloody lights, so I can stare at myself on the laptop screen for 40 minutes and see boobs on the show even when there aren't any included in the script. May I have some water now?

ah the lighting.

I have virgin and I therefore don't have sky Atlantic and therefore can't watch it on tv so I have to watch it on my laptop.

So the lighting is horrendous for me. Well maybe not as I don't watch it on tv. Why does every scene have to be so gloomy