[Poll] How would you rate episode 508?

Ran

How would you rate episode 508?  

998 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

All season long I've heard people complain about this season. But is that really any surprise given how many people despise books 4 & 5? D&D have a big enough challenge trying to adapt 2,000+ pages of material into 10, 50 minute episodes, let alone adapting 2,000+ pages of not so great material into such a condensed format.

All season long I've heard people complain about this season. But is that really any surprise given how many people despise books 4 & 5? D&D have a big enough challenge trying to adapt 2,000+ pages of material into 10, 50 minute episodes, let alone adapting 2,000+ pages of not so great material into such a condensed format.

Exactly my words!

Solid 10. Possibly even my favorite Game of Thrones episode ever. Enjoyed Hardhome of course and really, really, really enjoyed Tyrion and Dany's exchanges.

I found them bland, and overly predictable.

She was far too accepting of him, and didn't even test him or his loyalty.

No mention of where the spider was, or attempts to retrieve him---nothing.

I found them bland, and overly predictable.

She was far too accepting of him, and didn't even test him or his loyalty.

No mention of where the spider was, or attempts to retrieve him---nothing.

10 eps are too less to show her gradually accepting.

The speed started from Jorah & Tyrion. However I only found 1 ep where Jorah + Tyrion was dragged.

the reception of this season has been really weird. When the first four episodes leaked, everyone was claiming that they were great (episode 1 was good, episode 2 was even better, episode 3 was awesome and episode 4 was pure gold, according to those who watched them), the strongest first bunch of episodes of all season. Then, as they started airing officially, all sorts of complaints appeared (and two shorts scenes of Ellaria and the Sand Snakes seemed to be the end of the show), until the season was considered slow, boring, disappointing...

Again episode 5 was considered a strong episode at first... then episode 6 aired, and a certain controversial scene (and another short Dorne scene) grew into a disproportionate amount of hating. And again, suddenly season 5 as a whole was considered boring, slow, poorly written, the worst of all....

Thank goodness episodes 7 and (specially 8) seem to be appretiated again...right now. Hope it lasts.

For me, it was absolute gold, the first half of the episode was just great, and the second half left me without words. And without any doubts, it's the best episode 8 to date.

Oddly enough I do not think the people that despise books 4 & 5 are doing the complaining. Most of the complaints come from people that think every single ridiculous thing in the book needs to be in the show. I did not care for books 4 & 5, and while I think the show has had some issues this year, I also think most of those issues are the result of those books. I think the show has done an amazing job with this season considering the big meandering mess they were working with.

Oddly enough I do not think the people that despise books 4 & 5 are doing the complaining. Most of the complaints come from people that think every single ridiculous thing in the book needs to be in the show. I did not care for books 4 & 5, and while I think the show has had some issues this year, I also think most of those issues are the result of those books. I think the show has done an amazing job with this season considering the big meandering mess they were working with.

Speaking as a show critic, there is plenty to criticize just in terms of the show's own inconsistency with itself, without resorting to wanting "every single ridiculous thing in the books" to be in the show, which I doubt anyone wants or advocates. I'd like some attention to detail, continuity, plot logic and good TV pacing, which isn't too much to ask.

And yes, ep. 8 was a good episode, the best of the seaon. "Best Ever" I don't think so, by a long shot.

Speaking as a show critic, there is plenty to criticize just in terms of the show's own inconsistency with itself, without resorting to wanting "every single ridiculous thing in the books" to be in the show, which I doubt anyone wants or advocates. I'd like some attention to detail, continuity, plot logic and good TV pacing, which isn't too much to ask.

And yes, ep. 8 was a good episode, the best of the seaon. "Best Ever" I don't think so, by a long shot.

..... and in contrast Tyrion wondering around with a pig, dog and Penny, Brienne wondering around on some sort of quest, the whole sand snakes plot, and that complete mess of Mereen offered up "continuity, plot logic and good pacing."

I never said it was the best ever episode. I did say that I thought the season as a whole has worked when you allow the story arcs to actually develop before criticizing.

..... and in contrast Tyrion wondering around with a pig, dog and Penny, Brienne wondering around on some sort of quest, the whole sand snakes plot, and that complete mess of Mereen offered up "continuity, plot logic and good pacing."

I never said it was the best ever episode. I did say that I thought the season as a whole has worked when you allow the story arcs to actually develop before criticizing.

I didn't make any comment on the last two books, but there is certainly enough plot in the books to make a decent season of TV, and the failings of the books don't have any bearing on the different failings of the show.

Dorne was bad in the books. Instead of improving it, it's actually worse, much worse in the show.

The introduction of the Sparrows and them taking over KL has not been handled that well, the aged up Tommen who still can't get anything done doesn't work for me, neither do the changed reasons for Marg's arrest, arresting the Queen of Westeros for telling a white lie is pretty silly if you think about for more than the time it takes to watch the scene. But that's a nitpick I guess, LOL.

Meereen and the Wall have worked better than any other plots this season, though there are continuity issues with Jon's story as well.

I can't imagine Arya's story makes much sense to anyone who hasn't read the books, but maybe it does, it seems somewhat random to me and could have been handled better if they simply had Arya and Tom W. interacting more directly....which I assume is why they brought him back, but they haven't really used him much.

Sansa in Winterfell, even ignoring the utter stupidity of it plotwise has wasted the actors, no good scenes between Sophie and Alfie until ep. 8, nothing between her and Roose of any consequence.

Brilliant and spot on!

Btw, I voted 10 - amazing episode and a BIG improvement over the meandering book mess.

Wow. Again people blaming the books, when the show has almost nothing to do with them anymore. How can the books be at fault here when almost none of their material is in the show? Is it the books fault the showrunners can't come up with a good story? No.

Seriously. I'm starting to think some people saying this shit haven't even read the books.

Gave it a 9. Only reason I didn't go 10 was Arrya walking the canals of Bravos did not pass by a seal. Had Casso King of Seals even just been in the background, 10 city all day long. Odd reason to knock a point I know, but I love me some Casso. Still time I guess, but if they don't have wolf money I won't hold my breath for seal money.

Wow. Again people blaming the books, when the show has almost nothing to do with them anymore. How can the books be at fault here when almost none of their material is in the show? Is it the books fault the showrunners can't come up with a good story? No.

Seriously. I'm starting to think some people saying this shit haven't even read the books.

LOL Yes, by all means just because I do not agree with you, please feel free to insult me. I have read the books. I did enjoy books 1 - 3. There are even bits and pieces of 4 and 5 that I like, and unlike a lot of people I like 5 better than 4. Are there things that are left out the I am disappointed to not see? Certainly. Are there things that I wish had been done differently? Of course; however in the long run I think they have done an excellent job. I cannot imagine the sheer amount of time and effort it has taken to bring all of it to the screen. I respect them for having the nerve and heart to even try.

By the way, just because I do not agree with you, does not make me unintelligent nor does it mean I have not read the books. It just means I have a different opinion on them, which is perfectly acceptable.