[Poll] How would you rate episode 508?

Ran

How would you rate episode 508?  

998 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

It looks like I have walked right into some sort of war between fans with my very first post.

Don't mind me I like both show and books. No need to drag me in the field

It's the status quo here, unfortunately.

Welcome, anyway :) Glad to see new opinions around here.

Voted 10/10

Actually it was so good that I joined the forum just to share the excitement

Welcome to the forum, William_Tell. :cheers:

I agree that episode 8 was very thrilling. I've rewatched it 3 times now. :lol:

Welcome to the forum, William_Tell. :cheers:

I agree that episode 8 was very thrilling. I've rewatched it 3 times now. :lol:

It's definitely my favorite episode of GoT. And that's saying a lot.

@ sj4iy (quote button quit on me for some reason)

My real interest in the story is centered on the north and beyond the Wall due to reading about the NW brothers, the dead Wildings, and the WWs/Others right off the kick. I had so many questions when reading that chapter.

I will freely admit I have a special place in my heart for Hardhome and The Watchers on the Wall... they are both my favourite episodes. As much a fan of Neil Marshall as I am, I just didn't care enough about King's Landing events in Blackwater to be 'hanging off the edge of the couch' as so many others were. The NW and Free Folk battles, though? Hell yeah. My faves in the books are all NW or Free Folk - Ghost, Qhorin, Maester Aemon, Edd, Mormont, Mormont's Raven, Tormund, Wun Wun....even Val, as much as I dislike the 'shipping'. :lol:

Edited by roxWolfox 🍁

I gave it a 10/10, i have re-watched the episode 2 times.

The fight with the WW and Jon was wonderful.

Jon's spin when he cut in half the wight was simply amazing,Tormund,Wun-Wun and the other wildlings did very well in delaying the wights.It's a shame Karsi died but we all knew it was coming,the looks the Night's King shared with Jon were breathtaking.Does anyone know the exact reason as to why the Night's King was looking at Jon?Did he see him as a threat?Did he remind him of his glory days as LC or diid he realise he has Stark blood?They might be family after all.

Moving to Cersei,i laughed a liittle when she got hit by a spoon and the scene was preety good.

Theon/Sansa.I wonder what will Sansa do now that she knows that Jon is LC and Bran+Rickon alive.

The Daenerys/Tyrion conversation was good as well and yet i expect more from these two.I cannot wait for the next episode.Last but not least,i've seen many stating that Benjen will appear in episode 10.How do we know that's true?

Edited by Rhaegal Targaryen

I gave it a 10/10, i have re-watched the episode 2 times.

The fight with the WW and Jon was wonderful.

Jon's spin when he cut in half the wight was simply amazing,Tormund,Wun-Wun and the other wildlings did very well in delaying the wights.It's a shame Karsi died but we all knew it was coming,the looks the Night's King shared with Jon were breathtaking.Does anyone know the exact reason as to why the Night's King was looking at Jon?Did he see him as a threat?Did he remind him of his glory days as LC or diid he realise he has Stark blood?They might be family after all.

Moving to Cersei,i laughed a liittle when she got hit by a spoon and the scene was preety good.

Theon/Sansa.I wonder what will Sansa do now that she knows that Jon is Lc and Bran+Rickon alive.

The Daenerys/Tyrion conversation was good as well and yet i expect more from these two.I cannot wait for the next episode.Last but not least,i've seen many stating that Benjen will appear in episode 10.How do we know that's true?

That has my curiosity flared up as well. I originally thought she'd have her contact tell Brienne and Pod to look for the little Starklings, but then another thought came to me: what if she manages to get a message out to Jon? I'm all atingle for the first time in 5 years! :lol:

I know I ranked my top five all time in no particular order yesterday I believe. I decided I'm going to binge watch all five in the next two days before Episode 9 airs, and then try to truly rank them. My pre-binge-watch rankings are:

1) Blackwater: The reason this episode is still #1 is because it might be the most important EP of the entire series. S2 had some very weak moments. but this episode made the 8 hour appetizer completely worth it. Everyone loved it, because it was one of the most compelling hours of TV ever, and it grew the fan base for next season. Without Blackwater there wouldn't be a huge budget for Hardhome.

2) Hardhome: Yes, it's that good. Many of our major characters had compelling scenes in the first 2/3rds of the episode and then Hardhome comes out of nowhere like a ton of bricks. The horror and suspense leading up to the battle. Jon kills a whitewalker with Longclaw. The look between Jon and the Night's King. The whole sequence felt like a movie. This is TV at its most ambitious.

3) Baelor: This was the only season I watched as an unsullied. I believe I read all the books for the first time before the second season even started. As an unsullied at the time I was shocked by Ned's death like everyone else. The real reason I love this episode is because I thought the acting performances and story-telling in each scene had some of the best work GOT has ever done. Dinklage won his Emmy. But what I remember the most about this episode was Ned's death and the shot cuts to Arya closing her eyes before we see the birds fly off.

4) The Rains of Castamere: We got a famous Jon/Ygritee scene this episode, as well as, great performances from Michelle Fairley, Richard Madden and Masie Williams. We all know this EP was really about the Red Wedding. This scene is still the hardest of the entire series to watch. I knew it was coming, but it still hurt to lose Rob and Catelyn in such a terrible way and Arya had to unfortunately be there to experience it.

5) The Children: Yes, this episode is incredible. IMO I feel it has one weak scene that hurts it. Too me this EP is the Baelor episode for the Lannisters. The leader of the family died and his children's and grandchildren's lives were altered forever. Another episode where the acting was incredible. This list wasn't easy to make, but come on, IMO Game of Thrones is incredible and to be 5/48 episodes ins't bad!

Edited by TheWhiteRabbit

I loved everything about this episode, it puts all the moves to take the iron throne in one tiny little nutshell. And the giant was incredible. When he stomped on his first wight I almost fell out of my chair. And when the dogs howled, the hair on the back of my neck stood up. I am praying they have this adapted to the big screen and I will be able to go to a cinemax and watch it. Can't wait for the next 2 episodes.

Just watched my top 5:

1) Baelor

2) Hardhome

3) The Children

4) The Rains of Castamere

5) Blackwater

Honestly, they're all so close in quality I wouldn't be surprised if I changed my rankings a week from now. 6-10 going from memory I think would be:

6) Winter is Coming

7) And Now His Watch Has Ended

8) The Lion And The Rose

9) Kissed By Fire

10) Fire & Blood

Edited by TheWhiteRabbit

Sorry I'm late replying.

Gave it a 6. I was watching Elio and Linda's review on this epsiode and I have to say I agree with linda that the fast wights took away the scare and made it look almost comical. Not in a laugh out loud way but in a way it made me amused and a bit curious.

Bits I liked. Jon vs the white walker (although a bit unrealistic with all the throwing about, why didn't he just kill him?).

The beginning with "close the gates" and seeing them all die.

And night king raising the dead.

How they are handling the faith really upsets me. The treatment of Cersei could only he acceptable if it was book Cersei, show Cersei isn't anywhere near as violent and cruel and bitchy as the truly classic book cersei we all say we hate but secretly love. White washing one side and exaggerating the flaws on the other side doesn't work well.

Daenerys and Tyrion was a struggle to watch. So unnatural, forced and underwhelming. From their meeting to the conversation. Nothing about their stories seems like it flows.

And are they going in a direction with Sansa finding about about Bran or Rickon. Or was that just "well she has to know" thing?

Edited by Nights Kings Consort