[Poll] How would you rate episode 508?

Ran

How would you rate episode 508?  

998 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

That is not true. I did not enjoyed this episode that much and gave it 7 as oposite to 10 for the previous episode. I like GoT for the political stuff and for its many interesting characters. I dont like The Wall storyline and Jon. This episode had very little to offer for me because Jon part took half of the episode. That does not mean the show isnt for me, it is in fact my favorite show.

Great post! One of the things that makes GOT so great is we are all invested in different characters, Stannis/Tyrion/Dany/Jon/Sansa/Arya and others all have loyal followings and want different outcomes.

Things do look a bit bleak for my guy Jorah right now but I still he will survive the season, I mean why would they give him greyscale to then kill him off in the pit within the next 2 episodes. That doesn't make sense.

I'm torn with predicting Jorah's fate in the show. Yes, he could be the means to get greyscale to Westeros, but I also wonder whether he is going to be toasted by Rhaegal in place of Quentyn Crisp. He could be the one who releases the dragons. Death by Rhaegal may even be kinder in the long run. I don't know. We'll know in a couple of weeks.

WOW that episode was insane. A ten out of ten for sure. Every scene was incredible. I was on the edge of my seat throughout the whole episode.

Things do look a bit bleak for my guy Jorah right now but I still he will survive the season, I mean why would they give him greyscale to then kill him off in the pit within the next 2 episodes. That doesn't make sense.

Really pissed off with Tyrion. He said there was no-one more devoted to Dany than Jorah and then told her that he shouldn't be by her side. :bang:

Tyrion had to, though. If there's one thing this episode did very well (and it did a great many things well) was showing that Tyrion is incredibly smart and intuitive. We've always known that, but cast in front of a new queen he's never met, who is contemplating killing him, Tyrion shows the kind of moxy and quick thinking that he's famous for. What does that have to do with Jorah? I *strongly* suspect that Tyrion knows Jorah has greyscale. Now, admitedly Jorah and greyscale was a stupid writing choice on the writers part in the first place, but there it is. Tyrion doesn't tell Dany why Jorah can't be by her side--only that he can't. Something that makes no sense given everything Tyrion just told Dany about Jorah's love and devotion, not to mention that a ruler should not kill those who are so devoted to her. It's a major disconnect between that and "send him away." So what's the rationale? Tyrion knows that Jorah is sick. And he can't have Jorah being Patient Zero and infecting half of Westeros, not to mention possibly infecting Daenerys herself, the queen Tyrion is trying to win over and advise.

ETA: and why not just tell Dany that Jorah is sick? Because again, Tyrion is a smart cookie. He can tell that when Dany is hesitating about what to do with Jorah, and how she's a mix of happy and mad to see him, that telling Dany that Jorah is sick will only make her cling to him instead of doing what she must. Tyrion knows that Dany is a fan and a supporter of the down trodden, of those in need. Telling Dany that her greatest friend and the man who loves her is dying....not the best way to keep the queen out of harm's way and away from the sickness because Dany would never said Greyscale! Jorah away from her side.

Edited by BearQueen87

8/10

i loved most of it esp the kinda massacre kinda battle of Hardhome though i got a bit iffy during the Night's King closeups.. I think they kinda went, "welp, we only have (x amount) of budget left, i'm sure they won't notice, but that's just me.

tyrion and dany's convo i also loved although for some reason i think emilia's acting is a bit off for me.

all in all it was a great episode, well compared to most of what they gave us all season. i just hope eps 9 and 10 can at least equal this

10/10

The battle had me in knots, and that hasn't happened on the show in forever. It was just a very well-made piece of TV.

I *love* how they're reminding the viewers of all the main players and how their stories relate, but are actually making an effort so it doesn't jar: Tyrion and Dany was perfect for this, and a great scene all round. Shame they felt they had to give Emilia Clarke another GRANDIOSE pompous line (you break that wheel), she is so much better when she tones it down a couple of notches. I don't blame the actress, she gets written some wooden lines.

Cersei is.. coming together better than I thought. The whole thing has been rushed, which is such a shame - Cersei in Feast and Dance is just one of the juiciest storylines in the books. But then they subtly played a few bars of The Rains of Castamere, as Cersei Lannister is on her knees, sucking water off of a filthy dungeon floor.

Those couple of moments approached how I've felt at certain key points while reading the books. Top marks.

8/10 for me. The battle was good although it moved a bit too fast most of the time (not in a good way).

But I can't overlook how awful Sansa's storyline continues to be, and I was a bit disappointed with Dany/Tyrion. It wasn't as bad as it could have been - even though they clearly sold it as "Dany needs to prove herself to Tyrion". But their meeting in the books promises to be so much more interesting that it was always going to disappoint me. I thought Peter and Emilia gave better performances than usual though. Not that Emilia was great or anything, but better than she's been for most of her time in Meereen.

I liked Arya's scenes too. I'm glad we finally got to see her outside.

The worst part about this episode though is that it makes the first 7 look even worse by contrast. It's pretty clear at this point that D&D basically had episodes 8-10 in mind and then wrote backwards to try and get the characters into position, which is why the first 7 episodes were so convoluted and full of plot holes.

I thought it was a good episode. They've been improving since ep. 5, slowly but steadily.

The Hardome battle was one of their better choreographed fight scenes, which they haven't done well this season.

Still don't like skeleton wights, and didn't quite understand why the free folk weren't ready with some kind of fire arrows or somebody using fire against them.

Tyrion and Dany meeting was somewhat underwhelming but decent.

Incredible. Best episode of the series so far for me.

Dany and Tyrion scenes were awesome. Arya on the docks was awesome. Then Hardhome, my God. Best battle sequence yet. Just amazing. Easiest 10/10 I'm like to give.

VALYRIAN STEEL!!

Incredible to say, but they are well on their way to pulling off a 3 episode crescendo without the Battle of Ice or the Battle of Fire.

Top notch in the usual locations. Tyrion voices many of the thoughts we have had about Dany, and the difference in having a sceptical interlocutor from a Westerosi perspective is immediate. If anything, they have made it hard to justify why she is about to fly off.

Arya as throughout this season is beautiful visuals, with great confidence in its story.

Cersei- enjoyable in more senses than 1. my quibble is that we should somehow feel that more time has passed.

And so to Hardhome.

Th action is amazing, no doubt, probably the best they have done so far.. But it does far, far more than it. It introduces the grand antogonists of the saga to an extent that the Books have not even come close to, with the exception of Old Nan's tales way back when....

EVERYTHING else in seasons 1- 5 AND books 1-5 is inside baseball compared to Jon Snow eyeballing the Nights King. Stark Targaeryan versus Stark.

This may sting book snobs a little, and it doesn't magically erase the errors of D&D. But by god, have they got their eyes on the ENDGAME, to an extent that i can't be remotely sure GRRM has, sad to say....

10/10

The battle had me in knots, and that hasn't happened on the show in forever. It was just a very well-made piece of TV.

I *love* how they're reminding the viewers of all the main players and how their stories relate, but are actually making an effort so it doesn't jar: Tyrion and Dany was perfect for this, and a great scene all round. Shame they felt they had to give Emilia Clarke another GRANDIOSE pompous line (you break that wheel), she is so much better when she tones it down a couple of notches. I don't blame the actress, she gets written some wooden lines.

Cersei is.. coming together better than I thought. The whole thing has been rushed, which is such a shame - Cersei in Feast and Dance is just one of the juiciest storylines in the books. But then they subtly played a few bars of The Rains of Castamere, as Cersei Lannister is on her knees, sucking water off of a filthy dungeon floor.

Those couple of moments approached how I've felt at certain key points while reading the books. Top marks.

i like the Tyrion roll of the eyes when she talked of stopping the wheel...

He could have said much more to retort to breaking the wheel too. I am giddy with excitement at how he is going to respond to "Fire and Blood" in next season

Surpassed in quality? Not by a long shot (although I do like Hardhome show version better). Surpassed in storyline so we're getting spoiled now? That's celebratory worth, I guess.

He rated it an 8, I don't think he means it in terms of quality.

Total meh.

Others do look better, but the wights are comical. Absolute mood killer. They are not scary, they are funny.

Cersei was alright, so was the Tyrion fanfic.

Thenns being the ones against an alliance with lords? Please. They would be the most likely.

Should have kept the Lord of Bones for an epic fight.

Where is Sixskins? I thought he was cast/would appear?

Fails for me in terms of adaptation, which is what I want, and as fanfic/ Alternate Universe / different choice thing it is not really impressing me.

+ for Arya. Although I never had any interest in her character, I liked her story, how it was done. Reminded me instantly of Assassin's Creed gameplay, but really liked how it was done.

But they kinda wanted that scene in "The Gift", didn't they? Same with the Hardhome scene of the dragonglass gift.

Total meh.

Others do look better, but the wights are comical. Absolute mood killer. They are not scary, they are funny.

Cersei was alright, so was the Tyrion fanfic.

Thenns being the ones against an alliance with lords? Please. They would be the most likely.

Should have kept the Lord of Bones for an epic fight.

Where is Sixskins? I thought he was cast/would appear?

Fails for me in terms of adaptation, which is what I want, and as fanfic/ Alternate Universe / different choice thing it is not really impressing me.

+ for Arya. Although I never had any interest in her character, I liked her story, how it was done. Reminded me instantly of Assassin's Creed gameplay, but really liked how it was done.

But they kinda wanted that scene in "The Gift", didn't they? Same with the Hardhome scene of the dragonglass gift.

You have my sympathy.