[Poll] How would you rate episode 508?

Ran

How would you rate episode 508?  

998 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Yeah this was amazing. Tyrion-Dany, Jorah seems he could be the dragon releaser after he finds out mayhem is ensuing in the big pit, Cersei going nuts, the battle was freaking incredible.

The real fricken Night's King leading the army of the dead totally confirmed by the way. Did I see correctly that the dragonglass blades didn't work but the Vlryian steel did? BC, I'm thinking when dragonglass is further forged by dragon flame is the kicker.

I'll give it a 9. The Hardhome set-piece was quite well done, though it doesn't match up to Neil Marshall's work in "Blackwater" and "The Watchers on the Wall". That said, the fast wights -- particularly the Harryhausen-esque hopping, running skeletal wights -- are not a favorite aspect of mine. Braavos was excellent, and Cersei's scenes were again a refreshing change for Headey's usual performances. Tyrion and Dany... a lot more issues with that, but this is due to structural decisions made by the writers, namely making Tyrion arrive at a point in time where everything seems settled in Meereen and he has nothing to do until Daenerys eventually goes west (obviously, we know that's not a permanent state of affairs... but it's a far cry from the much tenser, much more fraught situation in which Tyrion arrives in the novels).

I had to give it a 10 since the episode made me scream at the tv. I was yelling at John to "PICK UP LONGCLAW...OMG PICK IT UP!!!" Glad he could here me ;-) That battle was totally intense. This episode made up for some of my disappointment in previous episodes. Also I was really glad to see Arya in her Cat of the Canals persona even if they gave her another name.

Man, apparently I'm a hard grader because I gave it an 8! :cool4:

Hardhome was a 10 easily and the Tyrion/Daenerys scenes were gold.

I'm still meh on Arya's storyline. I feel like she should have been out and about way sooner than episode 8. Was also meh about the Ollie/Sam scene.

And I'm still on the fence about Winterfell. The scene between Sophie and Alfie was wonderfully acted to be sure, but it just feels so contrived.

I don't think I have been on the edge of my seat in a long, long time with this show though. So kudos to them for Hardhome. Finally, the true war seems to be hitting home at last.

9/10

This season has been mostly disappointing for me...mostly due to departure from the books. But I must say, this episode was awesome. I enjoyed every minute of it. Tyrion meeting Dany, Reek finally denying killing Sansa's brothers, Arya as Cat of the canals, Cersei getting what she deserves...and then of course the battle.

Why not 10/10? Well, I think that the less we know about the enemy, the less he shows up, the more terrifying he is. And in this episode, they basically showed the White Walkers, how they transform the dead into wights....and I feel like there's not much mystery left, since the characters now know what they really look like, what they can do (not saying that's all they can do but still). Plus the super fast skeletons were a bit annoying for me.

Edited by Tlacenka

Well bless my beard (yes, I have one), I didn't think I would give another episode above a 7, but this episode was a 9/10, maybe a 9.5.

However, I couldn't bring myself to give it the full ten on account of the somewhat clunky dialogue between Tyrion and Dany. In an episode that featured an army of undead, Emilia Clarke was at times the most dead person on screen.

Also, though Hardhome was really good, I can't believe the wildlings or the men of the Watch forgot about using fire.

The White Walker's face when Longclaw met his blade was priceless and Wun Wun was awesome.

Yeah this was amazing. Tyrion-Dany, Jorah seems he could be the dragon releaser after he finds out mayhem is ensuing in the big pit, Cersei going nuts, the battle was freaking incredible.

The real fricken Night's King leading the army of the dead totally confirmed by the way. Did I see correctly that the dragonglass blades didn't work but the Vlryian steel did? BC, I'm thinking when dragonglass is further forged by dragon flame is the kicker.

He lost the dragon glass before he could use it. If I remember correctly I believe Sam reads something about Valerian steel working against the White Walkers (in the books). It makes sense that Valerian steel would work given how it is forged.

I like the idea that Jorah is the one to release the dragons.

Edited by Nymeria's pup

Enjoyed pretty much every aspect of that episode.....pacing, dialogue, etc was FINALLY top notch once again and made me happy to be such a big fan of the books/show. While it's too bad the entire season has been a tire fire giving off black smoke, this episode was magic. Even the 'Inside' made all kinds of sense.

My hat's off.

10/10

Must be tough to have rated any episode this season 10/10 and then watched this hour filled with greatness....FAR superior (IMO) to any ep this season.

9/10

This season has been mostly disappointing for me...mostly due to departure from the books. But I must say, this episode was awesome. I enjoyed every minute of it. Tyrion meeting Dany, Reek finally denying killing Sansa's brothers, Cersei getting what she deserves...and then of course the battle.

Why not 10/10? Well, I think that the less we know about the enemy, the less he shows up, the more terrifying he is. And in this episode, they basically showed the White Walkers, how they transform the dead into wights....and I feel like there's not much mystery left, since the characters now know what they really look like, what they can do (not saying that's all they can do but still).

I don't mind the WW reveal because were almost at the end of 5/7 seasons.

10. Best episode this season. Loved everything, the bits between Tyrion and Dany, Arya, Sansa and Reek, and especially Hardhome. I don't even like Dany, and I was going you go, girl!!!! when she started talking about breaking the wheel. Really, really good.