[Spoilers - like there is any other thread] NIGHT KING?!

Tyrion's Third Wife

They better give the Nights King some kickass power. All seems bleak now because Jon feels only the Nights Watch with 50 men has to stop them, but drogon's nicely aimed dragon breath can end this game very fast. Sam knows there are dragons out there and Dany would not refuse or withhold help she would definitely come to the rescue. Dragons at this point seem indestructible not even Nights King can stop Drogon it is not like he can throw his wights at flying dragons.

how about a wighted-kraken? have heard rumors of that at Hardhome in the books, and it should be big enough if a dragon swoops down over the water to scorch the coast of the WW.

I think "she" was Night ("skin as white as the moon and eyes like blue stars")... who/whatever exactly that is. As some point out, he is always called Night's King in the books - no "the."

It's all going to tie in with the reveal that The Wall and (the) Night's Watch were originally designed for a much different purpose than men of today believe.

What about the fact that men had believed that it was to keep the Wildlings out of the seven kingdoms up until recently?

I mean, how many wrong reasons do we need in this story?

About the sigil that Night's King and the other White Walkers wear. Going with the notion that he and his lieutenants are the first 13 Lord Commanders of the Night's Watch, it got me to thinking: the Night's Watch has no sigil or symbol of any kind.

That seems odd. Even with everyone giving up their past families and heraldry and such when they arrive (all the shields on the wall in the old meeting hall), it seems unusual that The Watch itself has no logo of any kind, when just about every other group on Planetos does.

Then I think about the tales that say everything about Night's King was struck from the records. Could that also include a sigil?

So I do some looking and I see this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/386c0g/spoilers_all_the_sigil_of_the_nights_king/

It makes a pretty good case that NK's clasp is the shape of a crow's skull, with castle turret in the middle, possibly representing the Nightfort. Lost Night's Watch sigil? That would suggest "crow" was more than just a nickname stuck on them later by Wildlings.

What about the fact that men had believed that it was to keep the Wildlings out of the seven kingdoms up until recently?

I mean, how many wrong reasons do we need in this story?

Lots, to show just how badly the people in Westeros have been fucking up what they originally agreed to.

The wall is no longer manned by only men sworn to the 'Old Gods'. Humans have spilled over everywhere north of the wall. The Andals have cut down almost every wierwood. There is no longer a Stark in Winterfell. And, not only are Andals and First men interbreeding, but even Targs and First Men have made viable offspring with Bloodraven and most likely Jon.

There are lots of ways the humans in Westeros seem to have negated what the Last Hero/Nights King solidified Pact 2.0 - that is more or less the point. The Others have every right to come and set things straight.

It's all going to tie in with the reveal that The Wall and (the) Night's Watch were originally designed for a much different purpose than men of today believe.

Likely the exact opposite one - to keep humans out of the far north and provide a sanctuary for the Giants, Children of the Forest, Others, Dire Wolves, dire bears, woolly mammoths, probably woolly rhinos and so on. The Nights Watch were probably originally assigned the role of 'Old God' wardens, not to guard the realms of men from the 'horrors' north of the wall, but to guard against the 'horrors' of humans spilling over the wall.

About the sigil that Night's King and the other White Walkers wear. Going with the notion that he and his lieutenants are the first 13 Lord Commanders of the Night's Watch, it got me to thinking: the Night's Watch has no sigil or symbol of any kind.

That seems odd. Even with everyone giving up their past families and heraldry and such when they arrive (all the shields on the wall in the old meeting hall), it seems unusual that The Watch itself has no logo of any kind, when just about every other group on Planetos does.

Then I think about the tales that say everything about Night's King was struck from the records. Could that also include a sigil?

So I do some looking and I see this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/386c0g/spoilers_all_the_sigil_of_the_nights_king/

It makes a pretty good case that NK's clasp is the shape of a crow's skull, with castle turret in the middle, possibly representing the Nightfort. Lost Night's Watch sigil? That would suggest "crow" was more than just a nickname stuck on them later by Wildlings.

Interesting, but if you check my earlier post you'll notice I pointed out that the armored White Walkers each wear different broaches.

Link

Game Of Thrones

"Responding to a fan’s question on LiveJournal about recent developments on the show (mainly concerning the accidental naming of a Targaryen King as “Maegor III”), George R. R. Martin had this to say about the show’s supposed inclusion of the mythical Wight, the Night’s King:

As for the Night’s King (the form I prefer), in the books he is a legendary figure, akin to Lann the Clever and Brandon the Builder, and no more likely to have survived to the present day than they have.

When the leader of the White Walkers was revealed to be called the Night’s King, many people assumed this was the same as the ancient figure of legend — a former Lord Commander of the Night’s Watch who went bad. And maybe, the Night’s King had survived for thousands of years, thanks to the mystical powers of the Others. But Martin seems awfully certain that the Night’s King is long dead — so unless this is another huge difference between the books and the TV series, the name is just a weird coincidence. "

Archived