[Spoilers - like there is any other thread] NIGHT KING?!

Tyrion's Third Wife

I think Craster's sons become the lower ranked shirtless White Walkers rather than part of the "inner circle". He's been sacrificing his sons for years, so there would be way more than fourteen of them.

I think so too. I said this in the other thread that this is what I think is going on:

In the past, when Starks became old, they would go out "hunting" in the Winter.... But really they were going to join their ancestors, who are the "councilmen" of the Others. Do we know that there are only 12?

What if the tombs in Winterfell are empty, and this is what everyone meant when they called the old Starks the "Kings Of Winter"? Bran even remarked that their statues looked almost not human.

So, to summarize:

"Elite" Others (for lack of better word) = Old Starks

"Normal" Others = Babies who were turned.

Wights = Normal dead people.

That's what I think the NK was really doing with Jon. He wasn't taunting him, he was saying "Come join us, and embrace the power in you. It is your destiny.

Fun fact: The guy who plays the Night's King (or whoever this might be) is the guy who killed Batman's parents in Batman Begins.

But yeah, that last gesture was the most badass, most threatening, and at the same time scariest thing I have ever seen in a while. There's a little yellow trickle down Jon's leg right now, I can tell you that.

Fun fact: The guy who plays the Night's King (or whoever this might be) is the guy who killed Batman's parents in Batman Begins.

But yeah, that last gesture was the most badass, most threatening, and at the same time scariest thing I have ever seen in a while. There's a little yellow trickle down Jon's leg right now, I can tell you that.

Huee

He maybe be called the Night King, but that doesn't mean he is the Night's King. They could've just stole that name for a nameless character.

I really, really was expecting him to say, "Come on, Jon, is this how you greet your uncle?" (Well, not really, but it'd be worth it for the reaction)

Also, IIRC, last season we saw 13 WW on line as a sort of council, including the NK. Guess now they're 12.

I thought the one he killed was the one that brought the baby to NK?

The HBOGO extra feature - D&D called it...named HIM...Night King!

And...he has a tailored uniform. Really. It's nice.

Who the heck made it?

Who is this guy?

Obv Banana Republic

I think the council of 13 WW could be Craster's babies that had greyscale. I recall Gilly and Shireen mentioning those babies earlier this season.

Where did this come from? I feel blindsided

You made me watch and I wish I hadn't. Watching that one piece of video made me secretly hope for Jon to start sign-language'ing the famous five notes to the Night King because they totally ripped that scene from Cold Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Seriously, what's next? All of the Starks will emerge from their mothership?

Interesting. Do enlighten us.

I believe that the Starks made a pact with the Others. The Lord of Winterfell was meant to fulfil such pact every certain time, and he would teach his heir to do the same. Rickard told Brandon, but as they both died, they never got to tell neither Ned or Benjen, and the Others got mad. As the Starks didn't do as promised, they decided to invade.

Even better, that characters name was Joe Chill, which is an excellent name for a white walker. If Marvel were writing this the Night King would DEFINITELY be called Joe Chill.

You made me watch and I wish I hadn't. Watching that one piece of video made me secretly hope for Jon to start sign-language'ing the famous five notes to the Night King because they totally ripped that scene from Cold Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Seriously, what's next? All of the Starks will emerge from their mothership? I believe that the Starks made a pact with the Others. The Lord of Winterfell was meant to fulfil such pact every certain time, and he would teach his heir to do the same. Rickard told Brandon, but as they both died, they never got to tell neither Ned or Benjen, and the Others got mad. As the Starks didn't do as promised, they decided to invade.

Why am I just not reading this? My god, what a theory! And it's perfect!

You made me watch and I wish I hadn't. Watching that one piece of video made me secretly hope for Jon to start sign-language'ing the famous five notes to the Night King because they totally ripped that scene from Cold Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Seriously, what's next? All of the Starks will emerge from their mothership? I believe that the Starks made a pact with the Others. The Lord of Winterfell was meant to fulfil such pact every certain time, and he would teach his heir to do the same. Rickard told Brandon, but as they both died, they never got to tell neither Ned or Benjen, and the Others got mad. As the Starks didn't do as promised, they decided to invade.

It makes Jon's refusal of Stannis so much more significant. And that will explain why Benjen is missing, too.

You made me watch and I wish I hadn't. Watching that one piece of video made me secretly hope for Jon to start sign-language'ing the famous five notes to the Night King because they totally ripped that scene from Cold Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Seriously, what's next? All of the Starks will emerge from their mothership?

I believe that the Starks made a pact with the Others. The Lord of Winterfell was meant to fulfil such pact every certain time, and he would teach his heir to do the same. Rickard told Brandon, but as they both died, they never got to tell neither Ned or Benjen, and the Others got mad. As the Starks didn't do as promised, they decided to invade.

My show!head just exploded...need bewbs.

My book!head thinks this is a pretty cool concept

Archived